Options

C vs c rant

qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
I am so tired of this. I can't seem to figure out the strategy. I struggle to get let's say 15k points for myself out of 6 tries and we play teams that can get over 200k with just 1 player. It's just so frustrating. I can literally go 3 up 3 down and its usually out to left field then center then right field 1,2,3. I don't know why they change the metrics for all the events. Just leave it at regular game play and let team strength get you through and they definitely do change metrics in the code for events I'm sure you've all noticed it in different events. Now the prizes for the c vs c are not even worth doing anything in it. Who the hell needs a silver draft pick not to mention 2 silver draft picks.

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It definitely has changed since the update. I was having good success in CvC, often hitting 30k+ per entry and sometimes going as high as 150k. It took me a few events to get decent at it but it happened. Now I feel like I'm almost starting over again.... and as I've mentioned several times in other posts, the lag and pitcher freezing is now a very regular part of CvC when it wasn't before...very similar to slugfest now. The awards may change again but if game play doesn't improve or the glitches don't get fixed, it will still be disappointing
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    It definitely has changed since the update. I was having good success in CvC, often hitting 30k+ per entry and sometimes going as high as 150k. It took me a few events to get decent at it but it happened. Now I feel like I'm almost starting over again.... and as I've mentioned several times in other posts, the lag and pitcher freezing is now a very regular part of CvC when it wasn't before...very similar to slugfest now. The awards may change again but if game play doesn't improve or the glitches don't get fixed, it will still be disappointing
    Are you on android or iOS? The reason I ask is because this account is on android and runs great my other account is on iOS and runs like garbage constant lag and glitches. 
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I can only agree with you, i'm having some big problems with my iPhone 8 Plus and CS told me that it's either my phone or my Wi-Fi the problem... I have the most recent version of iPhone other then the iPhone X, and I get 300Mb/s with my Wi-Fi, and the problem is still there on my LTE Network, so yeah I think i'll just let it that way and lag my ass off.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I was told by a contact at Glu that if u log out of iTunes, the lagging will stop. Haven’t tried it tho, but u hope this helps!
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

I can only agree with you, i'm having some big problems with my iPhone 8 Plus and CS told me that it's either my phone or my Wi-Fi the problem... I have the most recent version of iPhone other then the iPhone X, and I get 300Mb/s with my Wi-Fi, and the problem is still there on my LTE Network, so yeah I think i'll just let it that way and lag my ass off.

The problem is the game. I have an iPhone X and had pretty serious skipping for Slugfest. I started turning on the screen recorder while I played and the frame jumping stops. This clearly means the issue is something to do with the game's framerate. Try the screen recorder. I got the suggestion off of this forum and I think it has worked for a few of us iPhone users.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I already tried @MacGruber, I also saw people with the iPhone X experiencing the same thing and they told me, turns out OK most of the time, but still some big lags sometimes
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    screen record on iPhone X has definitely helped on slugfest for me
  • Options
    qkpony said:

Are you on android or iOS? The reason I ask is because this account is on android and runs great my other account is on iOS and runs like garbage constant lag and glitches. 

I'm on Android and have three devices/teams....
  • Options
    fahhq2 said:

I was told by a contact at Glu that if u log out of iTunes, the lagging will stop. Haven’t tried it tho, but u hope this helps!

Something that wasnt there before the update and is now there after the update and that is on both Android and ios is not a user side problem (wifi, itunes, play, device used, etc), it's a game issue.

I've kept meaning to try a record app for Android to see if it will help in slugfest, so I better get that done before the next one.
  • Options
    PdidsPdids Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    They are only going to change it when they see a massive drop-off, which will start happening when all of these kids start going back to school and aren't spending their whole summer worth of paychecks on this game. Which seems to be what half of my club is doing. I hate it when they realize this...ahhh to be youthful and dumb again.
  • Options
    Yeah I suck, and teams with less strength than me (and all my strength is bats) are putting up like 100,000 games while I might max out at 15,000 if I’m hella lucky. With a replay. Mainly try to hit oppo like WOH but wondering if there’s a better/different strategy. 

And somehow my best player (max gold 425 all star judge + 10% RISP boost) cannot buy a hit. 

• Options
    Yeah I suck, and teams with less strength than me (and all my strength is bats) are putting up like 100,000 games while I might max out at 15,000 if I’m hella lucky. With a replay. Mainly try to hit oppo like WOH but wondering if there’s a better/different strategy. 

And somehow my best player (max gold 425 all star judge + 10% RISP boost) cannot buy a hit.