Options

WOH 8/20

mehmehmeh1mehmehmeh1 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
anyone have a list of last 3 (5.8,5.9,5.10)? 5.7 was all star degrom (rhp)...

Comments

• Options
    jarttjartt Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    max 355 brad hand is 5.8
    potm greinke is 5.9
    potm diaz is 5.10

which means we ain’t gettin fastballs today
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Diaz seemed easier this week though or maybe I just got lucky with him on the 2nd try and no gold for boost either.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:
    Diaz seemed easier this week though or maybe I just got lucky with him on the 2nd try and no gold for boost either.
    i only played him three times so far but there was only one at bat where i got fastballs... but congrats! that hosmer is gonna have really high hit at max
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Diaz still giving me trouble, but did see (slightly) more fastballs than last week. Haven't got the right pitch sequence yet - 5 tries all gold boosted.
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

Diaz still giving me trouble, but did see (slightly) more fastballs than last week. Haven't got the right pitch sequence yet - 5 tries all gold boosted.

At least you're getting to him 4 of 5 times deGrom has given me a single fastball.
  • Options
    MacGruber said:

At least you're getting to him 4 of 5 times deGrom has given me a single fastball.
    2 more with no fastballs. WTF
  • Options
    MacGruber said:
    2 more with no fastballs. WTF
    that’s weird cause i’ve never lost on degrom. i only got fastballs from him but i can’t get them from diaz
  • Options
    jartt said:

Houmy said:

i only played him three times so far but there was only one at bat where i got fastballs... but congrats! that hosmer is gonna have really high hit at max

Thank you @jartt but the irony of this week being easier for me is that Hosmer is not even going to make my roster. Already have 425 max Freeman capped and it's not worth the XP to evolve Hosmer to use as a lefty sub. Just got him to gold restart him enough to help get my club to tier 6 and now I'm done and can actually get some work done on a Monday B)

• Options
    Houmy said:
    Houmy said:
    Thank you @jartt but the irony of this week being easier for me is that Hosmer is not even going to make my roster. Already have 425 max Freeman capped and it's not worth the XP to evolve Hosmer to use as a lefty sub. Just got him to gold restart him enough to help get my club to tier 6 and now I'm done and can actually get some work done on a Monday B)
    haha that week when the all star freeman was the prize i spent so much gold to try and get him (cause he’s my favorite player) but it didn’t happen. then when the 5 star freeman box was available i got the prime! but it’s only max 410 and it doesn’t have a skill. so it’s worse in every way to the all star one considering it takes prime xp too. 
  • Options
    soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    I thought maybe potm Ramirez (354 hit+20% boost+10%skill) would see a fastball or two against a 309 (I think) diaz with two outs but nope. Took a couple walks, saw a lot of pitches. No luck so far.
    I agree with the guy above, degrom has been a nightmare throwing only curves. Best of luck to yall, kick him in the shin on the way out for me if you beat him!
  • Options
    I’m on silver and it took me a bunch of boosted tries with potm Soto and got really lucky to hit out a slider to win it off Diaz. Was shocked at my own luck!
  • Options
    FINALLY got a decent pitch sequence from Diaz. 6-7 with one out. fastball... and I lined it straight to the SS. then back to the curves. FML. At least it seems like he's beatable this time....... @Houmy I'm with you I need to cycle this damn thing so I can get my work done LOL.
  • Options

FINALLY got a decent pitch sequence from Diaz. 6-7 with one out. fastball... and I lined it straight to the SS. then back to the curves. FML. At least it seems like he's beatable this time....... @Houmy I'm with you I need to cycle this damn thing so I can get my work done LOL.

Finally got past deGrom. Second Diaz attempt saw a bunch of fastballs and I popped one up. I was feeling lucky so I spent gold on a retry (which I never do) and beat him. Probably went 4-10 deGrom 2-4 Hand 1-3 Grienke 1-3 Diaz
  • Options
    Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Restarted Diaz 40 times. Not a joke. Ran out of gold.
  • Options
    TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Diaz threw me a bone today, 4 fastballs in a row. My luck stopped right there and he curved my ass up in extra innings. I thought I would win for the first time this week but no.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • Options
    Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    closest I got was 7-6. I was able to hit the curve... for pop outs and grounders to short.... Using Ramirez with a boost so his overall was 400, Diaz was 301
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I got lucky this week, Diaz only threw me some fastball! First time ever that I don't need a restart for the last one!
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    you did get lucky. second week in a row I haven't cycled. not for lack of spending either. so frustrating. I made it to 6-7 twice out of maybe 30 times which gave me hope. false hope.
  • Options
    dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    This was the first week in the last month that I haven't been able to cycle. Just wasn't getting the fastballs from Diaz. Last week I got extremely lucky with pitch selection so I guess I was due for a bad week.
  • Options
    I just want them to offer a catcher already which I think is due up next week as we have had all other fielding positions now unless if they decide to give us another POM. I've been using franchise coins to keep prime Posey for about 80 games now which honestly I don't mind as the coins are otherwise useless to me but I wouldn't mind having a prime catcher of my own. A silver slugger prime like last year would be great.

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I could really have used the 1B yesterday. over 30 attempts at 5-10 and 90% curveballs that you can never get a hit off of. Even used 20% boost for many of the tries. Wish this event was more attainable.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Still blocked?
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I normally post 5.7 to 5.10 matchups but I just moved from Wisconsin to western Ohio and was trying to work through WoH myself.  I do have to say that for what you got you needed two or three hitters better than the prize to win.  As far as how I fared I ended up 1-14 vs Diaz I finally got a round where I got enough pitches that were hitable and even then I needed a two out hit with the bases loaded, but it was enough to get my club enough points for everyone to get their 200 gold (I’m the only one that seems to be able to cycle on Monday).  
  • Options
    I’m sorry I didn’t put up the list like I have in previous weeks, just got done moving so was in relax mode today.  I finally broke though against Diaz and in the two weeks he’s been 5.10 I’m a combined 1 for 42, finally got him to throw me enough fastballs in a row to break through.  I have All Star Freeman so best Hosmer will be as a DH or bat off the bench so it’ll be a while for leveling him even. 
  • Options
    I’m sorry I didn’t put up the list like I have in previous weeks, just got done moving so was in relax mode today.  I finally broke though against Diaz and in the two weeks he’s been 5.10 I’m a combined 1 for 42, finally got him to throw me enough fastballs in a row to break through.  I have All Star Freeman so best Hosmer will be as a DH or bat off the bench so it’ll be a while for leveling him even.
  • Options
    I normally post 5.7 to 5.10 matchups but I just moved from Wisconsin to western Ohio and was trying to work through WoH myself.  I do have to say that for what you got you needed two or three hitters better than the prize to win.  As far as how I fared I ended up 1-14 vs Diaz I finally got a round where I got enough pitches that were hitable and even then I needed a two out hit with the bases loaded, but it was enough to get my club enough points for everyone to get their 200 gold (I’m the only one that seems to be able to cycle on Monday).  
  • Options
  • Options
    cmorr23cmorr23 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Can someone please explain to me the best way to beat a round in WOH? I have POTM Ramirez maxed out going against Britton and I can’t win. I couldn’t beat Britton last week either. I have no clue what to do