Options

Advice for my sluggers

korbonthecobkorbonthecob Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
I have been GRINDING to beat level 5 of the slugfest tower in order to get that 15k prime xp once a week, which would be big for my team considering I have 6 prime players and not nearly enough prime xp to go around. I was wondering if any of you really experienced players could give me some advice on who to level up first/what to use my xp on (i only have like 15k xp and it costs 6.5k xp to get to sluggers to gold 7 from gold 6). Also if you could let me know if my sluggers are even good enough to beat level 5 that'd be great too. Here is the squad for reference:

Comments

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Short answer: no, your sluggers aren't good enough to beat level 5 as a gold.

You're going to have to invest close to 100k XP to get that lineup in position for a chance at passing level 5. Maybe more.

The end of level 5 for gold this coming week is likely to be someone like Prime Slugger Khris Davis maxed to Gold 10. He'll be rated over 230. Even if you buy a 100 gold boost for your top slugger, you'll be severely overmatched.

It's not impossible to beat a higher rated opponent. You have to do it to beat the tower even at the bronze level. But, at silver and above, if your player is rated less with the top boost, you're likely looking at needing to score 5900 points just for a chance to win.

Your top 3 sluggers are probably good enough to give you a shot, if you can max them all to Gold 10. Still, you're probably going to need to boost them during the event.

As far as building is concerned, put your XP into 4.5 stars and above only. You need them capped, especially at Gold.
  • Options

You're going to have to invest close to 100k XP to get that lineup in position for a chance at passing level 5. Maybe more.

The end of level 5 for gold this coming week is likely to be someone like Prime Slugger Khris Davis maxed to Gold 10. He'll be rated over 230. Even if you buy a 100 gold boost for your top slugger, you'll be severely overmatched.

It's not impossible to beat a higher rated opponent. You have to do it to beat the tower even at the bronze level. But, at silver and above, if your player is rated less with the top boost, you're likely looking at needing to score 5900 points just for a chance to win.

Your top 3 sluggers are probably good enough to give you a shot, if you can max them all to Gold 10. Still, you're probably going to need to boost them during the event.

As far as building is concerned, put your XP into 4.5 stars and above only. You need them capped, especially
  • Options

As far as building is concerned, put your XP into 4.5 stars and above only. You need them capped, especially
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Not able to beat it like that unless maybe youre gold level 1 and use a lot of gold for boost. 

Id just keep improving them until you can do it. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Yeah, too weak to beat it at Gold level. My silver sluggers are rated higher than your gold sluggers. Level at least your top 5 to Gold 10 for your best shot. Hopefully you can pull some more 4.5 and 5* sluggers in the picks. I have all the prime sluggers maxed at silver 10 and I am still outmatched in ratings by the end of level 5 and by round 6 of level 6. I am able to cycle still but it keeps getting tougher each week.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Good news for you is that Schwarber capped at gold 10 will be good enough. First time I did it I used Donaldson and he is also 189 when capped.