Free gift POTW box vanishing to many, many guys

MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
These gifts are great and appeared to be a thank you frm GLU. But today 8-22-18 many guys arent getting the gift. After they claim it, the box vanishes before they can open them. Some never showed up in the store after it said free gift and showed it. Some vanished in the middle of clicking on them. 
Long story short, tons of players did not get the free potw box, thus making it a not so awesome week. Just a good week. 
"If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    MISSRED said:

These gifts are great and appeared to be a thank you frm GLU. But today 8-22-18 many guys arent getting the gift. After they claim it, the box vanishes before they can open them. Some never showed up in the store after it said free gift and showed it. Some vanished in the middle of clicking on them. 
    Long story short, tons of players did not get the free potw box, thus making it a not so awesome week. Just a good week. 

I usuall restart my app and then it's there. On my wife's iphone, it appeared in a few seconds. On my pixel 2, I had to restart for it to show.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @MISSRED sometimes it's an app refresh issue as was the case with me today. Restarting the app or simply buying a late round draft pick for 1K should fix it and the POM box would show then.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• pedspeds Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I usually have to close and reopen the app to see the gifts, but today, they never showed up, even after closing and reopening.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Doing everything suggested and my own tricks including buying a Foltynewicz box did not get the potm box to appear in the store
    It's all done with mirrors
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I have to close and reopen the app or if I play a game or post a chat comment they typically show up.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    nym5fan said:

I have to close and reopen the app or if I play a game or post a chat comment they typically show up.

Just tried those things too.... no box
    I've sent a ticket, if there's a large number of people affected then maybe they'll send again.... otherwise I guess there will be no xp today ;)
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Are you on the latest version of the app? I know some players chose to remain on a slightly earlier version, perhaps they are not receiving the rewards?
    Proud TSB VIP!
    All up to date on version 2.0.2 unless another version has come out ;)
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I know all the tricks and used them with no luck. I also have the latest update. I have 5 teams in the house (mine and my wifes, and 3 teenage sons). 2 of our 5 glitched and lost the gift, the other 3 got them. These are all established teams that had real cash spent on them (not created just for gifts). And after reading global chat, many, many people suffered the same fate with the loss of the free potw box. 
  • gdc23gdc23 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    good to know it wasn't just me!
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I had a couple tell me it wasn’t working as well.  I got to force close app every time I get a gift to get it to show up.  But did get it.  A good gift too so hope all gets their blue and the box eventually!!
  • deshaldyldeshaldyl Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I am not getting the POTM gift box too! Restarted app, played a game and watched a free gold video - still not in the store. Could it be that currently there is a POTW mystery box in the store and is what's causing the conflict?
    HRS4YESHUA
    My ticket was answered by CS who was very gracious and said they put the missing gift in my account. I go to the game store and there's no potm box. In fact there are no potm boxes for sale... so I assume they have expired and when the box offer was removed maybe so was my replacement gift? Anyway, have contacted them again hoping they'll extend the offer to the new set of potm boxes or something...
  • BlueTrapGodBlueTrapGod Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I sent a ticket, and did not get a quick response. Was a little disappointed, because I spent decent amount of money even I am a brand new player. Luckily, at the end of the day, they answered me and resent the gifts to my account. 
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Mine also disappeared. Restarted app, bought draft pick, did all the usual tricks. It just never showed up. Bummer... that was my bronze team, could have used it!
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    So CS wrote me back and said they looked into it and added the gift to my store....... but it's still not there. *sad trombone*
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    Mine was replaced today. Pretty cool of them to do. Thanks GLU!
  • DPKSDPKS Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    This it the response I got when I asked about my box that disappeared 
    So the dope this guy was smoking was a different strain then the other CC reps that many of us communicated with...., unreal.
    Finally got my replacement potm box delivered this morning, which is great they followed through and eventually made it right. Got 4500 prime xp and at this stage, I certainly didn't expect a player. It helped me move up 1 notch the Prime Freddie Freeman I got yesterday from the global gift Prime Pick they sent out :smile:
  • jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Same thing happened with my Twitter free prime only...just let customer service know and give them some time...that'll take care of it
    Same thing happened with my Twitter free prime only...just let customer service know and give them some time...that'll take
    Same thing happened with my Twitter free prime only...just let customer service know and give them some time...that'll take of it
    Same thing happened with my Twitter free prime only...just let customer service know and give them some time...that'll take
    Same thing happened with my Twitter free prime only...just let customer service know and give them some time...they'll take care of you
    Same thing happened with my Twitter free prime only...just let customer service know and give them some time...they'll take care of you
    I am not getting the POTM gift box too! Restarted app, played a game and watched a free gold video - still not in the store. Could it be that currently there is a POTW mystery box in the store and is what's causing the conflict?
    HRS4YESHUA
    HRS4YESHUA
    HRS4YESHUA
    HRS4YESHUA