MLB TSB 18

ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
Mostly all I hear about MLB TSB 18 are negative comments. Does anyone have anything good to say about this game? I would love to hear some positive feedback.

Comments

• Mets121741Mets121741 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    edited June 2018
    Other than not liking how it decides what bracket your club competes in, I love the club system - I feel like it builds so much camaraderie and teamwork. As a co-leader, recruiting what turns out to be a killer team feels like such an accomplishment lol. In my club we use Line to chat, send screen captures to one another, joke around, it really builds like a little family in a way. This season I'm really enjoying the pick 'em stuff - it brings me back to my days as a gambler, except when I lose i don't actually lose any money lol. Even though I spend a lot of money on the game, I also like that you can instead just destroy the "watch ads" button and earn hundreds in gold everyday for free - in other games that have that its always had a daily cap which I never understood. The offers for gold is really cool too - I've actually discovered a lot of things I use everyday because I initially was just doing that offer for gold (like HelloFresh - my wife and I LOVE that service). In terms of gameplay I really enjoy it - I dont play baseball games on console anymore because I find them too complicated - I love the simplicity of this game. And I find it to be the perfect difficulty level - its challenging without being so hard that I want to break my phone if half (although there are times where I want to do that lol).

Sorry for the long response - you're right that too many people focus too much on the annoying/stupid aspects of the game.
  • ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I also like the team bonding in Club Chats that we have and how we pump each other up everyday. GLU has developed a social media platform within the game where you can talk global or with other people that enjoy the same baseball team. I have yet to experience any bad things with MLB TSB 18 and love the game. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If you haven't played any previous versions then you'll love the game, with the exception of a few bugs yet to be fixed, as you won't know what has changed that is leading to most of the negative comments. The biggest complaints I've seen is the fact that all draft and box picks starts as bronze regardless of what tier you are in which is making the game that much more expensive to play if you want to build a strong team before the next version comes out.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• IIIDONOVANIIIIIIDONOVANIII Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I thoroughly enjoy the game, the atmosphere within club chat, and overall the community that we have created. Over the past four years of playing, I have been through several different organizations, and they have always made me feel welcome and appreciated. The game itself is addicting and can be played without spending a lot of money, making it unique compared to other pay-to-win games. I myself find the game to be easy, but you must progress your team and players slowly as to not make competition too hard that you cannot beat. I personally do the free offers for gold, as I do not come from a wealthy background, and that is enough for me to buy #1 Draft Picks and Multi-Draft Picks. I haven't seen any tremendous bugs in the game to steer me away, and I would say the progression of the game franchise over the years has been on the rise. I feel the developers of the game have done an excellent job this year balancing the game and making it more user-friendly.
    Playing since Tap Sports Baseball '15
    Connect with me on TSP! Always love meeting new people!
  • BleedinblueBleedinblue Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    The all bronze draft picks are killer.  Absolutely knocks the legs out of you if you like to buy event mystery boxes, unless you happen to have thousands of xp on the ready, and most of us don't. 
    Other than that, and some weird bracketing, it's a fantastic game.  We wouldn't be here if it wasn't. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s hard to find the positives right now. We have had 1 VIP quit playing this week and are about to lose another one who just got VIP status because the game has gotten too expensive 
    Agree.  The last club I was on was consistent top 5 in the big bracket, then two or three vip players quit within a week.  I left the club to slow down and take it easy for a while.  It's extremely expensive and time consuming to be competitive, and you don't really reap that many rewards for doing so. 
    It sounds like GLU has made MLB TSB 18 more difficult and nobody likes it. Especially when everyone is trying to reach the VIP status.
    Sums it up.  It's a fantastic platform, but this year has been frustrating  
    its more difficult, but I'd argue its a more level playing field - When a person in Platinum level 1 would get nothing but platinum draft picks and the corresponding XP for trading them in, they would get such a tremendous advantage while someone in gold 6 opening the same draft picks where they're all gold 1 instead of platinum 1 would be getting screwed. I really like that every pick is a bronze 1 - i thought that was a genius move by Glu.
    Last season i started playing the game in mid-May, and there was no way for me to ever catch up to the people who started from day 1 since they were already gold and getting gold draft picks while i'm stuck getting bronze then silver. Now we both get bronze in this scenario, and being smart with XP can help you catch up to that gold level person.
    What you are failing to consider however is that when bonus players really make the difference, having someone needed to level them up to gold or platinum to make it worthwhile kills those teams while someone at bronze can level them to 10 for a fraction of the XP. It isn’t fair to those at a higher level. I’m gold and having to spend at least 15K of XP on any new players to have them be beneficial, while silver players can max them for less than 10K
    Platinum teams don't play bronze teams, nor do platinum teams earn more points during events.  You basically get punished for leveling up...like already mentioned, a bronze team can breeze through leveling up bonus players, a gold or platinum team would need a ton of xp saved up for the same bonus player... And let's face it, the game has become ALL about those event bonus players.

You say the playing field is leveled, I think bronze and silver teams have a massive advantage. 
    Bronze and silver do have a massive advantage, especially in leveling up sluggers too. When you win a new slugger from the tower, you have to have the XP right then to use that new slugger for bonus points. And it takes a ton to get that new slugger to gold. At bronze you can cap that new player pretty quickly and rack up the points a lot easier
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Mets121741 I started playing last year in mid June and was Diamond level before I started playing the 18 version and for the 1st one I had no idea what I was doing or that I even had to join a club in order to get more rewards. It is possible to join late and still keep up with those that have started months before you if the draft picks were still based on your tier. Now you have some that spend large sums of money on the game and advance that way so the playing field is not even any longer imo.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    The game has its ups and downs like any other.  The game progressively gets tougher as you go through.  Remaining competitive takes time and commitment but not impossible.  If you plan to play competitively you will need real money from time to time but deals will help with that.  If you're like me who just wants to enjoy a baseball mobile game for what it is then it's a lot of fun plus the club I've joined has allowed me to meet really awesome guys!  Hope it helps!
    @SakaV2 I am glad you are enjoying the game for what it is. Everyday I am still learning about MLB TSB 18 and love it. I am trying to remain loyal to the club that I am in lol The clubs are awesome.  :)
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    Clubs can be a lot of fun depending how cool everyone is!  We have fun and get competitive at times creating a lot of friendlies against each other.  In all seriousness, there is a lot of hate for the game and at times it's somewhat deserving but for what it is ( a mobile baseball game) it's a ton of fun and the right club amplifies it!  Glad you're enjoying yourself.
  • gvelazquezgvelazquez Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Lol, I actually am a very active player in the game. Especially since now I have a decent team. I am working on the sluggers though since I normally don't make it past level III on some events. Other than that I easily put of major points for the club on most events. Sometimes though I think the game is a trip, there are moments where I'm competing against a lower rated team and they win but I bounce back. Ive bounced around a few clubs due to inactivity but am on a solid one now.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I feel that I screwed myself in some ways when I went to gold from silver because while I did make sure I had the gold and evo set up to push my starters and my 10 pitchers ready to go I forgot about my sluggers and I didn’t make sure I won enough sluggers so that I’m not constantly dumping exp to try to get things moving.  I just now have 5 sluggers capped with two more 4.5s to level since I feel I need at least 6-7 capped sluggers to even think about cycling and having a fair amount of gold for restarts.
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I love the game, but I leveled to quickly this year and now I struggle to remain competitive. I am not going to complain about it though. Eventually my roster will be good enough to compete again. I think staying at silver and building up resources is a good strategy. I think people get frustrated with how hard it is to place top 25 or higher in events.
  • sactownkatzsactownkatz Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I wouldn’t say anything negative but different and sometimes harder and at times a little frustrating compared to 17 but that’s what keeps you playing.  At first I was way frustrated and contemplated quitting but muscle three it and it gets much better.  Understand the game is made to make $ also so either crack out your wallet occasionally or put in work on offers for gold and the game is more fun but not necessary.  All in all if you love baseball you will at least like this game if not love it.  Also find a good stable club with a good leader makes the game much better.