Weekend Boxes

toughbombers3036toughbombers3036 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
How can you get a 4* and 4.5* player from the weekend box when they are not even a option. Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    As I've whined elsewhere in here, I got XP 8 times, which was bad enough, but your experience is a head scratcher, and equally itritating... better start a ticket with CC to see what's up.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • toughbombers3036toughbombers3036 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    already done. Other teams in my club have experienced the same thing
    I just received the global glu gift of a Weekend Box, which was nice, got more xp :neutral:
  • justdingers902justdingers902 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    There's something definitely wrong! Just spent 5K on 10 boxes and got XP only, I also wrote customer service as this doesn't seem right. Is anyone getting players?
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I bought 11 free one made 12 xp in every box im not even shooting for fan rewards this week after that
    On my 13th attempt, including the freebie which was try #9, I got Willy the Beast.... this week has been dead awful for getting anything of what I define as value in any of the picks and boxes I've acquired, including the 7 days of awesome.... anyway, 1/13, maybe lucky 13 will change things around
  • jhambombsquadjhambombsquad Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    How can you get a 4* and 4.5* player from the weekend box when they are not even a option. Has anyone else seen this?
    I got 4 star Cespedes...leveled him up quick because they said all players from the box get 10k s hit...sure doesn't...ticket has been submitted
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    There’s a 10 percent chance of getting a player in this weekend’s box. By comparison, there’s a 50 percent chance to get a POTW on Tuesday. I’d save the gold for the better odds. It’s tempting to try for the weekend luck, but the odds aren’t in your favor. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • xrichiexrichxrichiexrich Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I got the same issue today, and since my last support ticket hasn’t been resolved and the guy in unresponsive I can’t even submit a new I let for it. Spent 9k gold and got Dustin Pedroia, Evan Longoria, Michael Brantley and Carlos Gomez, all who are no longer there and are not collecting bonus points even though the thing said “10k for hits by other players in the box”. Such bs.
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    It seems every weekend Glu creates new players and gives us terrible odds at getting these players. I know that they need to generate money, but this is getting ridiculous and frustrating. I have bought 4 to 6 boxes, I wasn’t paying attention, plus the free one and didn’t get one player. It is hard to justify to keep spending money on this with no return.
  • huminbirdhuminbird Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    If you get a player from the weekend box can they be used after the weekend is over?
    ..Hum
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    huminbird said:

If you get a player from the weekend box can they be used after the weekend is over?

Yes. They are yours to keep.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

It seems every weekend Glu creates new players and gives us terrible odds at getting these players. I know that they need to generate money, but this is getting ridiculous and frustrating. I have bought 4 to 6 boxes, I wasn’t paying attention, plus the free one and didn’t get one player. It is hard to justify to keep spending money on this with no return.

Odds are 1:10 that you get a player. If you bought exactly 10 boxes, you'd have a 65% chance at getting a player. Your results, while disappointing, doesn't deviate from the norm. And again, these are the best odds they've ever offered for prime/360 max players.
  • huminbirdhuminbird Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Thank you. I made 8 picks and got two skilled 360's. It's a good day. Been on the other side of the odds many times...

..Hum
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I pulled prime La Potencia on the 5th try. My first prime not from the prime only picks we got for the twitter promo
    edited August 2018
    @huminbird and @whammo911 'Grats on beating the odds. One day, I'll find out how that feels! :)

edit: wow @whammo911 ! Primes are 1:40 odds and you got him on the 5th box! Amazing!
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @DFBB must either work at the GLU factory or have serious fanboy fantasies of being plucked up by a game developer for a weekend trip to Napa and some serious cuddling.

If you buy 10 boxes with a 6 percent chance of success, your overall odds of success are not 65%. That's not how odds work, especially if they're being manipulated behind the scenes by greedy developers.

If you buy 10 boxes at 6.5 percent odds, your expected value for success is .65. After 10 pulls, you should not expect to have a full player. After 16 pulls, your expected value reaches 1. Even then, those aren't the odds of getting the player. If you buy 16 boxes, you might reasonably expect a player.

Of course, when boxes are 500 gold bars each, that makes your expected cost to be 8000 gold bars just to get a 3 day player who'll never be a bonus player again. In real money, that's about $80 someone should expect to spend just to score bonus points in an event with crappy rewards.

That's a ridiculous money grab regardless of what they've offered on previous boxes.

While we're on that subject, in previous weeks, they've always chosen other bonus players outside of the box. If you don't get lucky on your pulls, you could still play the weekend event and score some points for your club.

This weekend they've chosen all the bonus players from the box or from the legend boxes.

Many users are rightly upset about this. They should absolutely consider not spending money on this game until the developers do a much better job.

Now, go along and pass this on to your buddies so they can fix some things.
    @miggyrising

1) You need to learn math.
    A)10 boxes at 6.5% would yield an expected success rate of 49%.
    2) Stop pulling odds out of your results oriented mind...these are the actual odds:

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea I am with @DFBB, and NO I dont think he works for them, If I recall he was jailed just a few weeks ago. If you dont like the boxes then dont pull them. If you need a place to cry or complain then do so elsewhere. No one is forcing anyone to pull boxes. If you recall last week they had bonus's for about 8 or 9 teams. Maybe that's why they made this weekend a little different. Only 1 weekend, like you said the rewards suck anyways so then dont play. Try madden, I heard its a fun game!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @miggyrising 1) You need to learn math. A)10 boxes at 6.5% would yield an expected success rate of 49%. 2) Stop pulling odds out of your results oriented mind...these are the actual odds:
    I am over my earlier rant and being mad. It is only a game. But for the record on math. We have 6.5% chance of a player every time we open a box. That does not change when we open boxes. A person could on open 100 boxes and never receive a player. Unlikely that this would happen but possible.
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    The reason that happened was that they were available in the 1st boxes of event but 20 minutes in they changed the boxes. That's why I still believe they messed up something on the change. That's why nobody is getting players but if it was a mess up it's one they will never admit. Just my 2 cents
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    qkpony said:
    The reason that happened was that they were available in the 1st boxes of event but 20 minutes in they changed the boxes. That's why I still believe they messed up something on the change. That's why nobody is getting players but if it was a mess up it's one they will never admit. Just my 2 cents
    This seems the most logical explanation for the crappy day for everyone... i could see them rebooting and messing up the odds altogether somehow on their end. But like you say im sure its already swept under the rug at this point.
  • MRSPARKYMRSPARKY Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I got 4 star Cespedes...leveled him up quick because they said all players from the box get 10k s hit...sure doesn't...ticket has been submitted
    I did the same thing with brantley... all to no avail and come to find out they changed the damn box shortly after release to take those normal players away. I submitted a ticket too but good luck with getting a response. GLU is bullshit
  • HydrabobHydrabob Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I actually had a decent amount of luck this weekend. Got not Justin twice and mayor ddc in 11 tries including the free one.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I went 4/20 Dad, Showtime, El Mago, and Papa Fritas 
  • royallyscrewedroyallyscrewed Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I went 4 out of 62 conductor, manaelator, el mago, and willy the beast