Living in Canada and the Quest for Gold

jaseyelninojaseyelnino Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
Living in Canada adds a whole layer of difficulty to the game. Glu actually does alright by us in terms of currency conversion, but still... Whenever the price for a promo deal is advertised in USD, go ahead and tack on a good extra 35% - that's what we're paying in CAD. Also, the gold offers in the US completely blow ours out of the water. I think if you did every single one, you'd end up at around 17 K. I've considered doing location spoofing and moving myself to the US to have access to offers on other side of the border, but I feel like that's begging to get jailed. 

Any of my fellow canucks have a good gold acquistion strategy that they want to share? 

Also, Glu, I'm an excellent diversity candidate for VIP. Canadian representation is lacking. You could use our friendly Canadian presence among the VIP ranks. Think about it. I'm available for an interview at any time.
"I'm a naughty little screen tapper" - Me

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jaseyelnino it's not enough that you guys have universal healthcare AND a Trudeau now you want our gold discounts as well? Pick a side buddy  B)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• jaseyelninojaseyelnino Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @Houmy take our Trudeau, give us your gold discount 😂
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    You guys also get a head start on new versions, so no sympathy here.
    Do we get a head start on new versions? How would one know such a thing?
    Yes it is released in Canada about two weeks before the U.S.

@Houmy , you are one helpful guy on these forums. Only been on here for a bit and I see you helping out left, right and center.
    @jaseyelnino there are a few of us on here that try to help new players with any questions they may have. I personally do it as I don't want new players to go through the same confusion I did back in 17 when I was new to the game and didn't know much about the game.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    To push negotiations further along, I think there are at least a few Canucks who would seriously reduce the discount amount IF you took Trudeau :wink:
    It's all done with mirrors
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    If we're negotiating a trade here, we'll take Trudeau.

But, without question, it's going to need to be a player for player swap at the same position. That part is not negotiable.

So y'all don't feel like we're just trying to pawn off our soon to retire aging (non) veterans in exchange for youth and vitality, we'll possibly discuss taking on Rob Ford or Gary Bettman.

Regardless of the specific bit players involved, we will absolutely demand the construction of a very large wall designed specifically to keep Syndy Crysby in Canada.

Full disclosure: if we obtain Rob Ford or a Canadian to be named later, we're probably going to try to flip them to Brazil for 2-3 teenage soccer prodigies so we don't look overly silly getting swept out of the 2026 WC.
    What @miggyrising said AND we'll give you Celine Dion back. We're keeping Ryan Reynolds though.

Ok I here you and although I completely understand your demand for the same position swap, we'll need to bring in a third party (at least) for a deal that moves your player to the Siberian League and gives us maybe a cheerleading squad in exchange. On the other hand, I think we can save a bunch of money and not have to build the wall if we package the deal with Dion who will go to the Quebec Major Junior League and we get a guarantee that Justin Bieber has a no trade clause enforced - meaning you guys keep him.
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited August 2018
    Tried a couple time to send them a message so they would give me something, all they said was ''All the prices are in USD'', I challenge every special box to Apple and they always refund me since there's no USD on the pop-up, and all the other ones do
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
    @Sandpipers good call on Bieber. How about we sweeten the deal for them and throw in Kim & Kanye as a bonus?

• ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    edited August 2018
    @Houmy Alright for Kim & Kanye, and we're giving you Nickelback
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
    @Houmy that might work if we can include them in the Siberian League side deal and we get a few containers of vodka in exchange, which our sides can split for the celebration :wink:
  • hoopshoops Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Ya it is getting expensive to keep up with the cost difference.