Options

I'm Not Even Mad...

seven1treyseven1trey Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
So I'm one of the many folks who have had lousy luck on these boxes this weekend. Several guys I know have had stellar luck, pulling 3, 4, even 5 or 6 guys, but I got Manea and nobody else in the pulls I made. I understand the odds, I understand that a random number generator is behind it all, I just get tired of being the one with bad luck. I can't tell you how many Prime Picks Ihave opened and have never once pulled a Prime player. I even won Free Stuff Friday this week and got xp from both boxes. I didn't buy 30 or 40 boxes like some guys, and my results (mathematically) are well within expected parameters anyway, but this was a real kick in the pants. Couple that with only guys from this box getting bonus points and it makes for a drag of a weekend.

I wish they would consider making the odds just a little friendlier, and making the non "jackpot" prizes better, but that is still strictly personal preference. I just dont want to keep spending money to keep getting punched in the mouth, and I truly believe that you just about have to spend money to win at this game. Not every case maybe, but most, especially with the videos being janky anymore.

So long post short, congrats to you guys that mauled the boxes this weekend, but my bad luck and whatever else is going on has robbed my enthusiasm for this game. Good luck to everyone the rest of the weekend, I will be the guy playing my refreshes only and getting chicken scratch points lol.

Comments

• Options
    AnomanderrakesAnomanderrakes Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I bought one box and pulled Chuck Nazti. I was amazed. The last 3-4 weekends I've bought 10 and pulled nothing. They really need to go back to what hooked players and payers alike. The outcry from this weekend isn't some temper tantrum that will go away after the weekend. It WILL cause them to lose a lot of loyal players. 

Im not mad either. I wasn't mad the past three weekends because, like you, I understand what they're doing and i know it's a decision that will backfire hard. Maybe they'll learn from this weekend, maybe they won't.

p.s. That's why I love slugfest. Don't have to pay to score points
  • Options
    It just bugs me because the gameplay itself is a lot of fun for the most part. I do think they make woh and slugfest tougher than it strictly has to be to drive gold use to complete them though. I am not saying they should be cakewalks where everyone and their mom can cycle, but last week I spent about 2500 gold on walk off and another 16 or 1700 on slugfest and cycled neither one. Now my team isnt top tier, but it isnt awful by any means. I'm silver 6 with team strength of 68-69k, and I had a potw and a POTM last week. My sluggers are 29k+, and all 4* or better. I washed out at 6-7 while using my best slugger (silver capped prime Machado) and the 100 gold boost. That should have been enough to at least carry me to the next batter. 

Again i dont expect to cycle every week, and I realize that every week you dont cycle makes the next week harder, but dang man. If i wasnt in such a great club i truly think i would just skip Mondays and Wednesdays. Constantly facing gold clubs on bonus game days sucks too, but its not nearly as frustrating as the tower events.

I know Glu is a business and making money is their goal, and i dont presume to tell them hie to do it. Its just that the boxes sucking like they do, the difficulty of the events, and the cost of the gold are much more likely to make me and people like me quit and delete the app than it is to inspire loyalty. 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m not usually one to complain but when your event is completely gated by buying mystery boxes without even the illusion of offering up something for those who can’t or won’t spend to score any points at all is bad form.  Having a few bonus teams with a half dozen or so players most disciplined teams may have for 4-5k with decent odds to obtain even if they don’t get a super bonus player gives at least the illusion that most of the players get to participate.  10% odds at 500 gold with no f2pish prize just to play just puts a bad taste in your mouth even if you know that you needs to buy a few boxes to have a decent chance at good production.  For this weekend for instance they could have had the original versions of the nickname guys be a 1k bonus or something.  If this is something that becomes normal I’ll just avoid weekends altogether I’m sure my family would like that lol.  After moving I had to cut down on spending nearly altogether though what I’ve accomplished so far allows for decent WoH and CvC results to keep me afloat but for the lesser spenders that make up a large portion of the player base give them a bone here and there on these events and a few of them will be apt to spend money.
  • Options
    AnomanderrakesAnomanderrakes Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Seven, you and I are around the same. I'm silver 6 with team strength of 70k and a slugger strength of 35k. I cannot beat WOH to save my life. The day I used 2500 gold for restarts on 5-10 and still couldn't beat it was the same day I told myself that I wasn't wasting gold on that event anymore.

I can beat Slugfest. When it was 5 levels I could beat it in 30 minutes. When it first went to 6 levels I could beat it in 45 minutes. Since the latest update I can still beat it, but it takes a lot longer. That's when 7 Prime Sluggers capped at level 10
  • Options
    ShamblesShambles Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    @seven1trey
    You're not alone. I'm in the same predictament as you.  Never even got a prime player as an option in prime picks.  At least you got Manea, I got 8 xp boxes in a row for this weekend player pack.  
    Great post, I'm tired of constantly getting the bad luck too. 
  • Options
    My team is 67k and I just reached gold 1 hoping that would change my luck. 
  • Options
    WamBamKablamWamBamKablam Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I think I opened close to 50 boxes and received one player. Just one. Don’t feel bad. 
  • Options
    That's bs! Doesnt make me want to get another pack
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    There's so many reporting 0 or1 for 20, 30 up to 50 boxes! It's just not making sense to me.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    If there's enough complaints, Another "7 days of awesome"?  
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I started off really bad I went through 17k gold before getting anything but then lady luck came. I also got stringbean on free box. 
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I just bought the $19 popup for the 8 boxes got xp on all. Lol
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Sigh... it's like a curse
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    @qkpony damn nice grab 
    @Sandpipers at least you're not the only one cursed
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I got 50 boxes this weekend and 8 hit for players (2 duplicates). First 30 I only hit 2 players, last 20 I hit 6 players. I was frustrated and kept doing 2x gold offers to get more boxes. Was able to put up 44 million points with the 6 players I got though.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    I wound up buying the 8 box for 20 dollar deal as well. Got xp 5 times, another Manea, Underpants, and Dad. Overall between bought and free boxes I think I opened around 35 boxes, maybe a few more. Strictly speaking I was within the 10% odds but man I still feel violated. I mean for one thing the guys I got were pretty underwhelming. For two, it was just such a cash outlay. 20 bucks real money and around 15k gold, and I have heard plenty of people who spent way way more than that and got less players than I did. On the other hand there was a guy in my club who wound up with i think 7 of the nickname players and I think 3 of those were primes. He pulled 4 players from his first 5 boxes. I was just gobsmacked at his good fortune. And jealous lol.

I wish Glu would adjust the odds a little. Just say to like 10-12% for the primes, and 20-25 percent on the max 360 guys. That still leaves plenty of room to sell boxes but not bend over your fan base. They could also maybe throw some prime and prime only picks in there and lose the blue cash that is essentially worthless in a 500 gold box. Hell even a reroll prize would be okay. I mean just make it a little more competitive. And like everyone else said, quit screwing us on the 1k and 4k guys. 
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I got nothing but XP out of the freebie boxes. That’s it.