Options

Setting to disable pop ups

colesyycolesyy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
I’m not taking about the ads. I bought gold early on to get rid of those. Just as annoying are the pop ups for gold and box sales. There should be an option to turn those off if you aren’t interested in seeing them. Just make a section where people can see them all if they want. I find the pop ups can lead to accidental purchases, which I’m sure is exactly what they want.

Comments

• Options
    Denver710BombersDenver710Bombers Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    It always makes me put in my password before it’ll purchase anything.. but yeah the pop ups are a bummer but it probably makes people who are on the fence about to buy or not say sure I’ll just buy it so I get it.
  • Options
    colesyycolesyy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Mine required a password as well, but I originally had Touch ID turned on to approve purchases. I accidentally clicked a pop up and it said purchase in progress. I panicked and locked my phone. Then when I unlocked my phone my finger print also approved the purchase on the box. I contacted support and of course they didn’t do anything. I opened the box and he played didn’t even crack my line up. Lucky it was only $25 and not $100+. I have since turned off Touch ID for purchase. Now when I click something I know to wait and click cancel purchase.
  • Options
    MickeyCallawayMickeyCallaway Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    It does not require a password unless you are spending actual money. If you accidentally click on something that costs gold, and you have enough gold in your account, it spends and there is no confirmation. This has happened to me before. When u try to complain, they tell you there are no returns or refunds. Glu definitely needs to address this issue. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Buying confirmation (either with gold or actual money) should be added for sure. I have spent lots of gold accidentally for dumb stuff I don't want to do. Money at least is not an issue because in my iPhone I turned OFF in-game purchases, so every once in a while when trying to close a popup results in an attempt to purchase it, I get a "purchase failed" message. Glad I turned it OFF.
    If at some point I want to actually buy something within the game, I temporarily turn ON in-game purchases.
    Works for me.
    But the gold spending, definitively could use confirmation.
  • Options
    Miggy4PrezMiggy4Prez Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    The amount of times I've spent gold on stupid things. I have a Galaxy S8 and I have to swipe up at the bottom of the screen to get the home/back button. If I mishit it I buy things lol.