Options

Trades

mountiesmounties Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
i know that you guys probably think I’m nuts but I’m not talking about global trading.. I mean trade within your club.. huge reason 2 prime catchers Vasquez Kimbrall and Chapman in bullpen there prime! I think it would make things much more competitive.. o n they have to be an equal value trade.. any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    There are too many cheaters on the game for that to happen, even within a club.

I assume you're not one of the cheaters. I actually assume that about most of the people here who truly like the game and want to see improvements for the betterment and enjoyment of all.

Unfortunately, we're not necessarily in the majority on the game, especially amongst the top tier clubs. You may or may not be surprised to learn that many of the clubs whose names consistently show up at the top of the leaderboards are full of cheaters.

As soon as you enable trading, those guys are going to create 20 more dummy accounts to mine for players from gift boxes. When they get a player from those gifts, they'll simply trade that player to their main team.

If it weren't for the reality of cheaters in the game, it would be a really nice feature though. My current roster has 4 1B all graded five stars or above. I also have 2 3B and 4 OF graded similarly. I can't possibly get them all in my lineup at the same time. If someone else on my club needed one of them, I'd gladly trade for a better shortstop.
  • Options
    Completely agree with you about the cheaters and I have a club with 20 that actually pay and play guessing we are not even close to the majority 
  • Options
    colesyycolesyy Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    You don’t choose to not do something because of cheaters. I’ve posted about this request before, and there are lots of great ideas on how it could work. It’s a pretty big change, so more likely to come in the 2019 game rather than an update to this one.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Certainly cheaters is an issue, but the main issue is MONEY!!

Glu wants you to spend thousands of gold bars trying to get a player, and no “fee to trade” is going to satisfy them.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    MickeyCallawayMickeyCallaway Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I was talking about this with guys in my club. If they let us trade, we would all spend way less money on packs and boxes. Peeps at glu are driving bentleys and lambos. They aren't about to downgrade to a Chevy so we can trade 😂
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    whynot said:

Glu wants you to spend thousands of gold bars trying to get a player, and no “fee to trade” is going to satisfy them.

Don't make trades "free". Charge 500 gold or something to initiate a trade (Cost of a prime pick). Problem solved.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    whynot said:

Also, they shouldn't come leveled up. When you trade they should be back to Bronze level 1 and you should have to use your own XP to level them up. Again spending your own resources and making Glu more $$$.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Now that sounds like it could work 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    That sounds like a good set of restrictions. And regarding cheaters, they don't pay anyways, trades or not trades. Why even worrying about them? They don't need trades to cheat and get good players. They mostly have huge amounts of gold (not to say unlimited) and can get whatever player they want just by buying more and more boxes until they get what they want.