Options

Prime vs regular with skill

qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
So I am in a situation and need some advice. I know I have to level up players but what do you all think about trading in prime players or whatever. Is a regular prime better than a normal with skill? I hope I'm making sense. I can post screenshots if it would help.

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Typically a prime will be superior to a regular with a skill. However, depending on your level, sometimes the prime is not significantly enough better to warrant spending prime XP. It really depends on the specific situation.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    It depends on the prime. Is it Prime Ethier? Or maybe Prime Bautista? Prime Ellsbury? I would take a regular player with a skill over those any day. But what if it is Prime Cain, Soria, or Kimbrel? I would rather have those than a regular player with a skill.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • Options
    The inactive primes I have now are Kemp, Davis, Pedoria, felix Hernandez and clayton Kershaw. The picture is of my active starters. 
  • Options
    TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Keep Davis, Kershaw, and Pedroia. The others are not worth keeping.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If I remember correctly Pedoria was a low level prime so if that's the case he wouldn't really be worth spending the XP on.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Houmy said:

If I remember correctly Pedoria was a low level prime so if that's the case he wouldn't really be worth spending the XP on.

Pedroia is low level prime, but his hit rating at silver 10 is 192 without boost. which is better than a lot of other players with skill boosts and some other primes I have before their skill boost. So depending on the players you have, he could be worth holding and upgrading for the hit rating.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    nym5fan said:
    Pedroia is low level prime, but his hit rating at silver 10 is 192 without boost. which is better than a lot of other players with skill boosts and some other primes I have before their skill boost. So depending on the players you have, he could be worth holding and upgrading for the hit rating.
    My current 2nd basemen is ian's Kinsler prime with skill. So maybe I can get rid of pedrioa?
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    You don't have to get rid of him if you already leveled him up as the trade in xp won't be much. Just keep him on sub or inactive as he may be useful down the road. Once there are no more POM or POW boxes GLU may start cycling regular players as bonus players like 17.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022