WOH - 9/3/18

TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
Walk off hero looks great this week! Mediocre players who can't cycle can still look forward to good rewards. Would anyone mind posting the last three of level four and level five?
Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL

Comments

• spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    5-7 conductor. 5-8 pom greinke 5-9 pom Diaz. 5-10 is signature prime Kershaw
    Can't remember level 4. They were a breeze
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Level 4 ends with Not Justin, Strinbean Slinger and lastly Berrios. All righties. 
  • qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I can not get past Greinke. I've tried pine trout and prime Harper. Just can't get anything past short stop. This is for 5-8
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I went 0-2 vs Kershaw but have a plan in the form of Prime Altuve when I get back to him, I used the strategy I used for Wednesday when I saw it was a right hander.  Since Kershaw is a lefty I’ll bat Soto vs Diaz and the endless sliders and use Altuve vs Kershaw, I have his late innings skill at level 10.
    edited September 2018
    On another note wondering about Chapman’s max I see he starts at 117.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited September 2018
    @redlegs2018u I was wondering about Chapman as well and someone stated 430 which seems high as that is what signatures start at. But since signatures can get higher maxes depending on post season I guess it makes sense. I've trying to get him myself without spending any gold on restarts as I already have 425 max  bregman so if I don't get him it's no big deal but if I do then one of them can move to DH.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Houmy said:

@redlegs2018u I was wondering about Chapman as well and someone stated 430 which seems high as that is what signatures start at. But since signatures can get higher maxes depending on post season I guess it makes sense. I've trying to get him myself without spending any gold on restarts as I already have 425 max  bregman so if I don't get him it's no big deal but if I do then one of them can move to DH.

His max is indeed 430. A fantastic prime with great hit. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at Walk off hero and have no chance at getting him.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
    edited September 2018
    Well i did end up getting him after 20 or so times failing at Diaz. Only used video restarts on diaz and had to start over all those times but once I got to Kershaw I did use 3 gold restarts as I knew that at least using the gold on him was worth it as he is not unhittable like Diaz. So once Soto's boost is over I guess 424 Bregman will be my DH.

I am just guessing here but I am guessing those that passed level 4 multiple times had much better luck with the labor day boxes now?

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited September 2018
    lol.. funny not many people complaining today. I got bellinger and mustokas on 2nd cycle. No primes for me ;(
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Yeah I got two 360 max on my two cycles so I bought two more to test and got a duplicate and then xp. Odds of pulling a player seem to have gone up now that they don't matter any longer.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    lol coincidence? I doubt it. I just beat it on my scrub team for fun that I cant beat diaz again my main team and pulled diaz....
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    No coincidence. I believe they just improved the odds so that some would buy more boxes before they expire. Only reason i bought two myself after the 1st two woh boxes payed put was the chance of pulling a prime. The 360s I pulled will stay inactive as they're not even worth the XP i get on trading them in. 

Well I’m still flailing against Diaz now 1-20 I was as I said in an earlier post preparing for a righty then saw it was Kershaw so I adjusted letting Soto try to handle Diaz and have went 0-14 since getting one fastball per sequence, I don’t want to spend much since I do at least have Arenado at 415 so while Chapman would be very nice it’s not essential, like Lindor was last week because it was an 87 point increase from the 4.5 Star I had there.  I did get a little good news for next week since I have PotW Yelich already so I don’t have to chase a PotW this week.
    @Houmy those boxes from woh level 4 are guaranteed player . Any one of 4 . I got prime Diaz on both my trips around
  • Denver710BombersDenver710Bombers Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Can’t beat Conductor... big pain in my butt
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    edited September 2018
    Idk how you guys cycle this. Half the time Sale throws me nothing but curves. The 5-6 times I got to diaz he rains sliders. Dont think I got a single hit off him. It's not fun when you literally have no chance =/ can't even foul em off most the time. And when you do foul one off with two strikes he throws a nastier one. I keep thinking my 384 hit batter will see better pitches from him, wrong every time so far.

The worst was getting diaz from the lvl 4 box. Like imma waste 290k prime xp on a reliever >.>
    @spicedaddy30 thank you for the information. Didn't know that. Believe it or not I was able to go through diaz again and for some reason i was able to hit the impossible pitch for a single. Got this guy from the 3rd labor day box. 

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @spicedaddy30 thank you for the information. Didn't know that. Believe it or not I was able to go through diaz again and for some reason i was able to hit the impossible pitch for a single. Got this guy from the 3rd labor day box. 

Not challenging you to a game anymore 😂
    The final tally on Diaz: 1-25 :/ only 3 viable attempts where there was more than one pitch that was straight. Upset because the only two attempts I had at Kershaw I scored runs despite it being L vs L .  Had I got there again I had Altuve with a 10% skill boost waiting for the opportunity ironically he had the only Diaz win that took 4 innings and his fastball at times seemingly glitching to near BP level which almost made it worse.  I’d rather face a legend who throws a changeup than pitchers like this who are basically fastball/slider but are throwing 75% sliders.  I found that I could occasionally get solid contact but only 1hit by swinging very very early against that sharp slider.  Even Scherzer who can be downright filthy wasn’t so bad in comparison.
    @houmy I think a rematch is in order soon ! Lol I was hoping to have mantle for the next one . But alas. Glu has taken all my gold and left me no mantle to brag about lol
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I have a love/hate relationship with WOH. I Lille the rewards and the challenge of the event, but it has become very frustrating the last few weeks. I am convinced that buying a boost doesn’t matter on the last few pitchers of round 5. Either you get a good pitch sequence or you don’t. The event is very time consuming for me because I refuse to spend gold on restarts. It is a great feeling to get past the last pitcher though!
    @spicedaddy30 sure, I don't mind getting another whooping from you. Just started it and what do you know, you're pitching Ryan against me again. Maybe this time I'll get more than one run off of him?

@houmy another match after . I'll try and get someone else to throw . He's just unfair lol
    All good @spicedaddy30. I just see it as my penance for abusing others with the Ryan Express myself back in 17. B)

• Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    I was i was able to make decent contact on the curve by swinging Way too early.  The one that cuts right in on your hands for a strike.  Still only one hit ever off his curve.  No cycle for me this week....