CvC Jumpers

miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
I've already commented that I think GLU did the right thing with regards to the rewards for CvC.

There needs to be some benefit for those clubs that level up and progress that shouldn't go to the clubs that have just started, are constantly resetting to get easier brackets in events, or look for other ways to trick the computer into easier matchups. Prorating the CvC rewards based on club level creates the incentive for clubs to level up.

Unfortunately, this has also created a new breed of Tap Baseball players: the CvC jumper.

These are the guys who seek out Diamond level clubs to join solely for the purpose of trying to pillage the CvC round rewards.

They'll almost always lie about their intentions during the recruiting process. They'll say they're in it for the long haul. They're only leaving their old club because half the guys aren't playing regularly anymore, etc.

But, as soon as they realize those Diamond clubs have better players than them, they suddenly remember a friend asked them to help out during the club events that day.

I don't necessarily think GLU needs to do anything to stop these guys. Whenever they show up in our club, they leave within the first two rounds after spending a bunch of gold and finishing 4th in the MVP scoring.

For those who are recruiting for their Diamond level clubs on Wednesdays and Thursdays, this is simply a public service announcement.

Make recruits join your clubs before the Wednesday event. If they say they regularly cycle Slugfest and Walk Off, hold them to it. If they don't score a couple million for your club on Wednesday, kick them before Thursday's events begin.

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Excellent advice, there are without question a lot of "CVC jumpers" out there.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • XzombieXgangXXzombieXgangX Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    At first I was bummed about the change cuz I really wanted the premium xp but now I’m stoked on it too cuz it makes me try a lot harder to get and so does everyone else
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I think there should be one bracket and just change the rewards to relflect it . Example let’s say for easy math that there are 10 brackets . Then the number 1 prize would be given to clubs 1-10. 2nd and 3rd would be 11-31 . And so on . Then there would be no reason to restart or cvc team jump 
  • TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Yetifrost said:

I think there should be one bracket and just change the rewards to relflect it . Example let’s say for easy math that there are 10 brackets . Then the number 1 prize would be given to clubs 1-10. 2nd and 3rd would be 11-31 . And so on . Then there would be no reason to restart or cvc team jump 

I'm pretty sure people CvC jump for MVP and High Round rewards rather than overall ranking.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
    True hard to stop that one 
    But the one bracket idea stops the creation of new clubs to get better matchups 
  • jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    My club had the same problem. People looking to milk CVC rewards and say they're in it for the Long haul. I got the club to gold on my own, and 5 others helped me get to platinum. We finally got to diamond and people started milking like crazy. So we booted them, blocked them, and recruited bronze and silver guys just starting out. We get more honest players, they get sweet rewards for participating and being loyal. The only problem is that it will take forever to level up the club again. Luckily, we're already diamond.
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    We're considering enacting a requirement that new team owners successfully complete an entire event with our club before being eligible to pursue CvC High Round or CvC MVP on any matchup.

If they join our club before Slugfest on Wednesday, they can play full out on Thursday. If they join after Slugfest begins, they are ineligible until the weekend CvC. Same rules apply on the weekend. Join before Bonus Games on Thursday, you can play the weekend CvC. Join after, you wait until the next CvC.

If someone doesn't respect the rule or doesn't like it going in, we'll find someone else who's actually gonna join the team.