I unlocked a minigame!!!

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
edited September 2018 in General TSB Discussion
As I haven't seen anyone else posting about it I must be the only one to have unlocked a special minigame during tonight's slugfest. About 6 hours into the game a special minigame was unlocked where you played against the computer and tried to select a slugger for the next round, after finishing the previous round, before the app had a chance of showing you a $99 mountain of gold popup. EVERY SINGLE ROUND.

You had barely a split second to select a slugger after the previous round was finished before the popup showed up. And as a bonus round if you clicked the popup and then backed out another one would show up and once you cancelled THAT ONE then and only then you would see the "Purchase cancelled" message. GLU really needs to get it together as the annoyance level with this recurring "bug" is reaching berserker level for me.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Yeah man, I was going crazy! Worst part? In the rare moments where it didn't pop, I didn't know what to do. I already had developed the muscle memory to wait a second and then, close the box. LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I must have clicked on it a couple dozen times, as every time I went to select slugger it would popup right before I tapped. If I didn't have secondary approval on my phone, I would have spent a few grand last night.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    Same problem here ! I messed up on muscle memory ... Was so used to tapping the X on box that when I tapped and it actually wasn't there .. boom level 6 rnd 7 I'm using my created 127 rated slugger ... Not exactly ideal against 242 judge lol
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    And of course I ran into the "oops something went wrong" message while I was on 6.10. To GLU and CS's credit however it only took a couple of hours for them to refund me any gold I had spent after I created a ticket about it. A+ on that part.

• ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Wow, they refunded you on that? Nice!!
    @ameeshcubbie they have done that before as well. In some cases when they know about a glitch and issue in the game they are rather prompt in offering refunds. I also received another substantial gold credit back when the double ball glitch was happening in walkoff. That one was taken care of in a matter of hours as well and so far this year I have not had any issues with CS at all. Some things may have taken a while for them to fix like the Chipper boxes that were released by error and apparently did not contain a Chipper. That case took almost 10 days but it was resolved to my satisfaction still.

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    this little minigame had me pack it in early last night lol. Got sick of closing the add or missing and having to cancel the purchase then close the ad again and again and again and again.... you get the idea. I would hate to see the bank account of someone who doesn't have the dual verification setting on their device lol. I could have easily racked up $20,000 in an hour yesterday.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan the minigame cost me a few cycles too. I am again to where I was in silver tier with 7-8 cycles not spending gold on restarts and cycling in 30-45 minutes. The popup frustrated me so much I just wanted to finish my last cycle and call it a night and was batting "angry" and missing a few balls. Wanting to just finish it I ended up using 4 gold restarts on that last one and that is when the "oops something...." crash happened and hence the credit back from GLU.

• YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Houmy said:
    And of course I ran into the "oops something went wrong" message while I was on 6.10. To GLU and CS's credit however it only took a couple of hours for them to refund me any gold I had spent after I created a ticket about it. A+ on that part.
    Hmm when I sent my ticket for that I got the screw you from Glu answer . “ the development team sent out 2 gifts to make up for your inconvenience “of course I didn’t get anything of value from those and was still out my gold . 
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Coooool now the incessant pop-up ads are preventing the club level up reward from coming up. This is insane, is there no QA for this software.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    The joke of a deal. Get 7500 legend XP and 10,400 gold for a small fortune of $99.99 kept popping up incessantly yesterday. I said screw it. Done. Today I haven’t seen it, yet...
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

now its the prime pick bundle....every single player in woh...close the On Sale Now tab first..

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Oh I guess everybody has unlocked the minigame now? 😤

• TOUGHNUTZTOUGHNUTZ Registered Users, Member 107 Posts

could we please get a confirm purchases made with gold ? sick of game pausing hitting it twice then the game flipping pages quickly to catch up and boom gold gone over ad over

cheers

TOUGHNUTS ( NO HALF SENDERS and TSB GRINDERS ) FORMALLY BIGGYBANANAS ( TSB 17 )