Options

Obtaining a Legend

xdrunk66xdrunk66 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I have been playing way too many hours of the game. I am up to Gold now and have 38k of Legend XP but no Legend to spend it on. Is the only way to get a Legend player by buying those Legend box's and hoping you get super lucky and get the player? I mean the chances are like 1/4 of 1%.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Odds are 2.5% in the legend boxes, but they don't come cheap(1k-3k a box). The best way is to save up 30k and do the fan legend rewards. I know that sounds like a lot, but if you take advantage of double gold offers and do videos, it's not bad at all.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Or get a free box when they have issues. I had nearly 50k LegendXP saved from cvc and no legend to spend it on. Then yesterday happened, and a Nolan Ryan box was given out. Needless to say I do not have 50k LegendXP any longer!!! I actually was fortunate enuf to also pull The Express on my main team as well-however I spent the Twitter LegendXP leveling up Bench. So  I guess it’s best to always have that XP cuz ya never know when something special will come ur way...
  • Options
    I forgot to mention the most obvious way. When they gave out five free Banks legend boxes on Tuesday, people made new accounts until they pulled him. Having a nice legend to start your team is a great way to 'catch up' to everyone else.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @xdrunk66 they will probably start offering legend draft picks for 700 gold in the future as well like last year. Odds are still low on those and it will be a random legend.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Other than potw, lately the only way I get some of the good players
    DFBB said:

I forgot to mention the most obvious way. When they gave out five free Banks legend boxes on Tuesday, people made new accounts until they pulled him. Having a nice legend to start your team is a great way to 'catch up' to everyone else.

Jeez, every angle in the book lol.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    @Sandpipers LOL It's not like GLU isn't aware. I thought about restarting my 2nd team, but it's a lot of work. Besides, I'm just focused on my silver team right now.
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    DFBB said:

damn I wish I thought of this...
  • Options
    Lefty legend bat about to be served.... 😉
  • Options
    DFBB said:

Lefty legend bat about to be served.... 😉

TW?

• Options
    @Houmy The kid's papa. 
  • Options
    Sr? Saw him in 17 but couldn't get him.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    @Houmy I don't think there are going to be Legend Picks, Legends are now showing up in Prime Picks.
  • Options
    @MacGruber I believe @DFBB was referring to the 30K gold spent reward for todays event.

• Options
    Great skill too!!!!

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Can anyone give me some context? I want to pop for a lefty legend but was waiting for Ted Williams. How does Griffey compare? Should I go for him instead?
  • Options
    @Metsicans Ted may only be offered as a ATG so the odds of getting him may not be as good. 455 max is kind of low for a legend though.

• Options
    Houmy said:

@Metsicans Ted may only be offered as a ATG so the odds of getting him may not be as good. 455 max is kind of low for a legend though.

Thanks. I went for him because his hit rating was good (better than Reggie's, who is a more premium legend), he's a lefty, and he has a special skill against the righties that usually crush me in walkoff at 5.10.

I'll probably regret it when better legends come out, but I figured if I didn't get a legend soon, walkoff would be impossible before too long.
  • Options

So, at what point do I have to tell myself I will never get a legend from a legend box?  0-5 on Ernie Boxes, 0-10 on Mantle boxes, and this weekend, 0-16 or so on Teddy boxes.  The Ernie Boxes were free, but that's a lot of gold in exchange mostly for 85K cash and 7 Evo.  I even bought a mountain this weekend to fund the purchase of more boxes.

Time to give it up?  Is it irrational to think that Glu has ensured I never get one (either because they want me to move up from Gold, or because my team is too good for Gold level, or whatever)?

• Options
    @Metsicans you would probably be better off saving the gold and doing the weekend fan rewards once they offer a legend that you want.

• Options

Thanks @Houmy.  I actually did that the weekend I went all in for Mantle, and got Griffey.  Glu got me with Ted Williams, though.  He's unbelievable in the game, I had him last year, really wanted him again.  I'm usually good about being more disciplined, but couldn't do it this time.  I literally do not think there is another player in the game who could make me break my discipline, unless they decide to do a legend Dwight Gooden.

Anyway, 0-16 this week is probably enough for me.  I might do one more, for giggles.  We'll see how Walkoff goes.   

• Options
    @Metsicans I hear you about TW. Have him myself in 17 as well and he is super.

• Options
    @Metsicans I hear ya man. Sorry about the poor luck. Babe was my kryptonite and broke my discipline too. :(
  • Options
    Worst part was, I think I spent enough to get Gaylord Perry, but my spending counter reset on Saturday night.  So I ended the weekend with like 15300 spent, when I'm pretty sure I spent over 30K.  Definitely over 20K (but no prime only pick). 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Submit it a ticket. They will give you what u missed out on. Happened too me twice where my fan rewards reset and they gave me the next level I was close too.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy