Options

What's it gonna be?

nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
edited September 2018 in General TSB Discussion
The last few weekends Glu has come up with a way to release special versions of players for weekend bonus with very low odds.
First it was Nickname Players, then it was Labor Day Players...
What will it be this weekend? Will we get Glu'd into spending a ton of gold for 2.5% odds at a bonus player?
Or will the bonus players be guys we might actually have on our rosters?
We will soon find out!
From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I'm more curious about the fan reward legend. I've been saving and want that lefty legend I've been coveting (hopefully Ted Williams)....
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @nym5fan weekend event bonus players will pretty much always be new players released on that Friday. Our normal roster players as well as WOH prizes will eventually become bonus players for the mid week events after the post season once there are no more POTM or POTW players. And speaking of the post season you should save some gold for the world series boxes and specially after the series are over the WS Trophy players. I have a few in 17 and they perform better than most of the legends I have.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Not wasting gold on these boxes. 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    If I was silly enough to go for the box, I'd wind up getting Gardner 8 or 9 times...... again
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    We'll find out in 15 minutes or so if they have improved the odds this week or not.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Not getting my money this weekend... I'll wait for better players. 

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap all pass too. No 360 SRs or SPs. Big pass this weekend.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    It's been pitcher week... opened around 30 draft picks from various "rewards" and 90%+ have been throwers
  • Options

It's been pitcher week... opened around 30 draft picks from various "rewards" and 90%+ have been throwers

How many of them were Belly Itchers??? lol
  • Options
    nym5fan said:

How many of them were Belly Itchers??? lol
    31 hehe
  • Options
    Just did a quick scan of global chat and Gardner is featuring prominently again, although the complaint is about getting him 3 times in a row... oh if they only knew.....
  • Options

Just did a quick scan of global chat and Gardner is featuring prominently again, although the complaint is about getting him 3 times in a row... oh if they only knew.....

One guy in my club went for it and got Gardner too lol.
  • Options

Everyone was complaining about not pulling players... here is Glu's answer lol
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Bought one and got Braun and that concludes me spending gold on those this weekend 
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I made the decision last week not to get worked up anymore about the weekend boxes or event. It's not worth it. GLU doesn't even monitor their direct customer service lines. There's no way they're checking what people are saying negatively about them in other places.

I'm very glad I reached that decision last week. If I dropped 500 gold for Gardner, I'd be extremely upset.

Khris Davis, Jed Gyorko, Dexter Fowler, and Gardner are on just about every bronze team within the first week of their existence. Usually they come through a Second Round pick. Occasionally, they're from a First Rounder. If they aren't on the roster before you join your first club, you almost always pull one of them (Gardner) with the #1 pick you get for joining a club.

Once again, GLU is ignoring those who have spent months building quality teams and spending money while giving newbie players false hope that they've stumbled into a game that won't suck them dry.
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    #Bait&Switch
  • Options
    Hey! Guess who I got on the freebie box today? Yup, my favourite pull, Gardner!! Must the 30th time I've gotten him, probably more
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Hey! Guess who I got on the freebie box today? Yup, my favourite pull, Gardner!! Must the 30th time I've gotten him, probably more
    I actually pulled prime moose today. Which is unbelieveable because when i dumped money the free picks literally never amounted to anything for me. Now that i quit They have been on fire.
  • Options
    jpuck6190 said:

I actually pulled prime moose today. Which is unbelieveable because when i dumped money the free picks literally never amounted to anything for me. Now that i quit They have been on fire.

Nice going! That's the only guy I would have wanted... a little jelly here ;)
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I was interested in Petit . I don't have any long relievers of note . All Sr. But not interested enough to put any money into weekend boxes . I tried a couple signature prime boxes after I pulled mantle ... No luck there
  • Options

I was interested in Petit . I don't have any long relievers of note . All Sr. But not interested enough to put any money into weekend boxes . I tried a couple signature prime boxes after I pulled mantle ... No luck there

I only recall someone pulling Prime Ramirez from the previous signature box, and nothing this weekend... again, if I recall, I believe the odds were supposed to be 6% for getting a prime.... I wonder if that was a combined amount, meaning it's actually 1.5% per prime player?
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I was interested in the house overall lindor . Switch hitters are what I strive for .
  • Options
    Me too, I have Mr. Smile and would love max 430 prime lindor but at 1.5%, which I think it really is, not gonna happen
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

I don't believe the odds.....if they were really 1.5% or even 6% no one would ever get these players.....and they do. The RNG is not purely random is my sense...