Options

Leveling up too quick

orangetxorangetx Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
Before I got serious and knew what I was doing I would play a lot of bonus games bored at work. Well I ended up leveling up way to quick and having a weak team compared to others on my level. I just got to diamond and my team strength is almost at 77,000. 

Has anyone else made this mistake and if so were you eventually able to level up your players enough to actually compete in events such as slugger or walk off or just in general?...

Comments

• Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Wow, being diamond with a team strength of 77,000 is going to be a struggle. You may still be able to win games at a decent rate, but WOH and Slugfest are going to be extremely difficult for a long time. Many people in your scenario choose to start over, but if you've already invested a lot of time and money and enjoy your team, then you will just have to persevere and upgrade little by little. Best of luck with whatever you decide.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    I did that to a lesser extent. Started in May and went straight to platinum, thinkin it was good. Now slugfest is out of the question, as level 1 is impossible. Only recently beat WoH for the first time, but usually only get to 5.8. I still find the game fun, but missing out on slugfest is awful. I'm at 95k team strength. If I hadn't done what I did I'd probably be spending a lot more money on the game, so at least it saves you on that.

To answer your question, no I dont think you'll have a chance to beat the last round of either slugfest or woh for a long time. The amount of XP and evo needed is outrageous and you'll get no help for being in diamond. If you ask CS to reset you back to bronze or gold they politely refuse =( I try quite often lol

In platinum it takes ~120k XP to cap a reg player, ~290k prime/legend xp. So basicly, potm/potw are useless. Primes and legends are laughable. Got a bonus player for an event? Too bad, you probably don't have enough XP or evo to get him high enough to get hits.  And I can only assume it's a ton worse in diamond.

Sorry to be kinda pessimistic. You can still easily enjoy the game a lot. Just don't expect much as far as completing events.
  • Options
    Dignans1Dignans1 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Agree with soxfan.  With a constant stream of bonus players every event, there’s no way to level them up constantly plus build your team.  I’m only focusing on WOH from this point.  I’ll build up that core group of performers and stop worrying about other events.
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Same here. I'm diamond with 68k team and slugfest is impossible. WOH isn't bad. I can get to 4.8 and then get stuck, but enjoy the rewards and freebies that I can turn into XP. The diamond rewards are much better, as are the diamond club rewards. So that makes it better. I haven't spent any money on gold so far, so I'm not out any money. I don't want to lose the players and progress, so restarting is out of the question for me. I usually wait to level people up until I level up on Thursdays. I'll hit diamond 2 this week and will get a nice payout to level up players, buy xp, buy Evo, and buy boxes. I never got legends, so I've never concerned myself with them. I just only get boxes where the odds are closest to my favor like potm, potw, and now the signature box. I'm certain I leveled up too quickly, but enjoy the game nonetheless. I hold my own quite well in competition, but often lose out to VIPs that double my team strength. But I use every bit of XP to keep improving my team constantly. Every bit helps.
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m in diamond and I have no problems with competing in prime events and bonus game events. I never competed in slugfest and WOH does take time to be competitive again. I wouldn’t say that bonus players/ POTW/POTM are useless. If you have the resources then get after them. At least when you’re in diamond you aren’t going up against those silver and gold teams that can push 85-100 k team strength. Those who stayed silver or gold are probably catching more L’s than we are. 
  • Options
    orangetxorangetx Registered Users, Member 17 Posts

Yeah I’d like to start over but at this point I feel like I wouldnt have as much fun trying to rebuild my team. I’ll just learn from this mistake and do different on 2019 version. Thanks for the input everyone!

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

2019 Im bronze until I can't win anymore.....will never go past silver!

• Options
    GojuRenshi123GojuRenshi123 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Bronze in taps 19 was strange.  I was winning a lot of games at level 1-4, but couldn’t win woh or enough prime games at the last bronze level.  I moved up to silver and started to kill it.  Why is that?