Options

Silver or Gold?

maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
Yes, I know there are a thousand posts on whether to go to gold.

however,i have been building my silver team for some time now and problem is that I am often matched up with platinum and diamond teams which I rarely beat. 

I kind of feel like I am being forced to go to gold. Should I save resources for a week or two and make a break for gold? 

I presume going gold gold will allow me to get closer to the platinum teams competively.

hopefully the ViP gift include XP tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    the amount of XP it will take to level up all those legends and primes to Gold 10... I think your best to stay silver for life.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @maddmaxx67 as @nym5fan pointed out you don't have enough XP or EVO for that matter and won't even be able to bring most of your roster to even gold 1 so it may be even harder for you. WOH will pretty much be impossible and judging by the amount of Prime XP that you have I am assuming you do not do too well on Slugfest already which is even that much harder in gold.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts
    Yeah, I am lucky to get to level 5 on slug fest. I started too late and it’s much harder to build a slugfest team then hitters with a late start.

i guess I will stay at silver
  • Options
    Yeah Silver would probably be the best option. Sorry to be a killjoy but that is the best advice in this situation.

• Options
    Having said that looking at your legends as well as @dfbb I feel a sudden urge to go back to 2017 version and just stay there. You guys make me feel so inferior right about now :#

• Options
    Houmy said:

Having said that looking at your legends as well as @dfbb I feel a sudden urge to go back to 2017 version and just stay there. You guys make me feel so inferior right about now :#

You feel inferior??? You should take a look at my team! lol
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Nice humble brag and an even more amazing team! Invest in derby, rack up resources. You'll need to save for awhile. You have enough Babe and Mays evo? It's 30 for each to go from silver to gold. To reiterate what's already been said, you won't have much fun in gold because you won't be able to level your best players. And that's no fun.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @dfbb hit it on the nose with that one. Having fun is the most important aspect of the game and you'll have a lot more fun in silver.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I was never great at derby and so I never paid that much attention to it. I'd play all the time of course but once I got too frustrated (with myself) I'd drop it until the following week and try again. I have played season mode faithfully from the start, partly just to get the slugger picks. I'm at Silver and woefully poor in the slugger department having never cycled. I currently manage to consistently get to 5.8 without using gold and a couple of times as far 6.5 using gold. Donaldson is my top guy, tied with him is the freebie allstar Schwarber and then My Legend lol.... haven't pulled a 5star slugger in two months of trying.

Advice?
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options

I was never great at derby and so I never paid that much attention to it. I'd play all the time of course but once I got too frustrated (with myself) I'd drop it until the following week and try again. I have played season mode faithfully from the start, partly just to get the slugger picks. I'm at Silver and woefully poor in the slugger department having never cycled. I currently manage to consistently get to 5.8 without using gold and a couple of times as far 6.5 using gold. Donaldson is my top guy, tied with him is the freebie allstar Schwarber and then My Legend lol.... haven't pulled a 5star slugger in two months of trying.

Advice?

As a Silver Team that Cycles this event weekly using no gold... if Donaldson is your top guy, I don't think you have much of a shot at Cycling this event anymore... Unless they come out with Prime Slugger Picks or something. The last 4 guys in level 6 are rated 199,204,193 and 193. They are all 5* Gold 10 sluggers. I had a hard time with my 179 and now 180 top rated Prime Sluggers. But I managed to do it without gold. If you aren't able to boost to at least 175 and average 5800-5900 a round at that level, you will have very little chance at Cycling. (Though there was one round where Bellinger in the final round on level 6 missed 3 pitches).
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    To cycle slugfest at least at gold . You will either have to be willing to part with some gold .. or have an extreme streak of luck . As the slugger on 6.10 is usually rated so that whoever the bonus slugger is would be rated 1 higher IF you 100 gold boost him . Basically you need to have each round having the ai miss a Homer . And never miss one yourself . Still unsure if would be possible without gold for boosts or restarts
  • Options
    Would getting guys like 5* harper and judge give me a chance if I boosted to the max do you think?
  • Options

Would getting guys like 5* harper and judge give me a chance if I boosted to the max do you think?

you would have a shot I think. Would need a little luck on your side.
  • Options
    matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Well after seeing his team...Im going to quit.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Options
    Ok, so you're saying there's a chance ;)
    All I need is that hope so I can mine for gold and spend it all on slugger draft picks hehe... which I've been doing every event, just not hardcore. Otherwise I'll continue to beat my head against woh... won it once, then have lost in 5.10 the last two times.... where's my Prime lefty/switch hitter, can't see him among all those 3.5* guys....

Thanks guys
  • Options
    @Sandpipers to be honest with you even with 5* Judge maxed it would be tough as the opposing sluggers get stronger every week. Now gold is obviously harder than silver but the resistance you'll meet is proportional and as you can see below Judge won't even place top 10 at this point as far as slugfest strength goes and harper is even a few sluggers behind that (the reason I didn't evolve him to gold). Now if you do get Judge and can afford the blue XP do max him and see how it goes. I could be wrong and in this case I hope I am.

• Options
    Thx @Houmy I'm sure it will be like threading a needle at 20 paces... I'm only really doing the 3 events now and mining for gold, so increasing my resolve to try and win it once works for me. Meanwhile, I'll work on getting @DFBB to use his connections to implement a special sluggers box at 300 gold full of prime sluggers of course, so thst I can pull 4 or 5 of them and get back into the groove lol
  • Options
    Now if you can get past level 5 with Judge then go for it. At least you'll get 18.5K prime XP a week and some #1 slugger picks. As far as GLU offering prime slugger draft picks I am honestly not sure why they haven't yet. I've been wondering that since 17 as it would make so much sense and I am sure a lot of players would go for it. Specially those starting 2 months or so into the release and having no shot at slugfest at that point.

• Options
    Absolutely, the prime xp is a major motivator. I've made it to 6.5 a couple of times so anyone better than I currently have should take me farther, and who knows I just might get lucky. If I can win the player award just once, who knows? Anyway for sure it's a long shot but I'll ramp up the try mode anyway. And yes, I've wondered why they've never put out a sluggers box.... they sell everything else except umpires lol
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I know I go against the grain here, but the payoff for being gold (or higher -- I'm diamond) outweighs staying put. Leveling up gives better loyalty boxes, level up bonuses, etc. If you take it on the chin a bit, it's ok. Just keep playing and it'll even out. I struggle on slugfest, but do well in all other events with my diamond 68k team. It's easier to increase your chances of winning if your players have higher overall numbers. Can't cheat math!