Rewards for WOH and sluggfest

louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
are there different rewards for different levels for each of these events?  I am currently platinum and sluggfest is really hard to get through one round, let alone cycle through it. But I see clearing round five would get me 15k prime xp.  So I’m wondering if I’m better off starting over at bronze with a new team, against weaker sluggfest opponents and cycling through at the bronze level. I’d love to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @louisawesome same rewards for everyone and only difference is the difficulty of opposing sluggers. Pretty much the only reward that is different is for CVC and that is based on the club level rather than individual teams.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I sytarted over with one of my teams recently and while you do have easier SF opponents you also have worse sluggers lol
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts

Thanks for the info, in retrospect I should have never gone up from gold. There is no incentive from what I can tell to move up. The cost of xp gets really high after the gold level. Without higher rewards at the higher level you are just hurting yourself to move up.

• soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts

Eventually when you win enough games, you get matched up against stronger teams in bonus games and prime games. It gets tough to win at that point without moving up. Other than that though, you're right. It becomes impossible to afford prime/legend players, which you need for those last few rounds. You get no extra rewards or help getting xp. I think about restarting my team all the time (am in platinum as well).

People claim that woh is easier, but I tend to disagree. 5.9 in WoH almost guarantees me 9 straight curves or sliders every time. I try it a few times, get mad and wait for CVC. Only thing left worth playin imo in platinum.

Slugfest is just a joke at this point, I play level 1 round 1-4 a bit to get gloves but after that it's pointless. The opponent gets 5900-6000 every time, and I can only muster 5600-5700.

Sorry for being kinda negative. Just my experience since being in platinum.

@soxfan I agree with all of the points except WOH. Haven't gone platinum this year and am staying in gold but from my experience WOH became easier in gold versus silver. As you mentioned Platinum requires a lot to level up players so if you have your roster at below level 8 then WOH would be harder but if you are able to cap them then you should have a better chance. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

• soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts

I could be as well. Since primes take 188k from gold to platinum, my top players aren't all prime. Their stats are only slightly above the pitchers, so that may have something to do with not getting good pitches. I haven't heard much feedback on here from 5.8-5.10 in platinum but that's been my experience. Ever since diaz was introduced it's been unplayable. Kluber was nice to me, that was about it.

You are right about Diaz. Just no way of hitting him unless you got real lucky with one or two fastballs. Now that his POTM boost has expired I wonder who 5.9 & 5.10 pitchers are. Got to 5.8 but have to restart so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

• buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts

I got 9 straight curveballs for 4.1. Wondering if I have pissed off someone at Glu.