Post your WoH team!

soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts

Hey everyone, I thought it'd be cool to share WoH rosters. I've been reading through and found it interesting seeing the few posts that people had put their lineups in, so I figured maybe we can get more to look at, compare and discuss!

As your pictures will brag (or shame) for themselves, feel free to add any additional notes/stories, as well as your division, typical success rate, kryptonite round/pitcher etc.

To start, I'll share mine! Platinum team, only beat WoH once. Diaz is the worst to me, I dont think he remembers he throws pitches besides sliders when I'm up. Made it to him earlier and he killed me every time (before the change). Best of luck to y'all today, don't leave me hangin!

Comments

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts

Gold team, fairly regular cycles, though I didn’t have one cycle at all before going gold winning with PotW Arenado iirc. As what I think will be a common thread among these posts is that Edwin Diaz absolutely shreds me (I’m something like 7-100 or something against him, including a combined 1-43 stretch the 2 times I faced him as 5.10.).

• maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts

Cycled twice today before running out of gold on 5.10.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

Could not cycle on 20+ tries vs Kershaw and 10+ tries vs Diaz. I’ve cycled every WOH this season except this and last week.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

I have cycled every WOH lately, except today. Faced Kershaw 15+. Need more xp so I can cap my legends, which is what I plan to concentrate on, instead of wasting gold on certain events. Then maybe I can consistently cycle.

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

Im only a silver team... almost had Kershaw 3-5 with two on and two out. Then grounded out to first. Since the pitcher change I only beat Verlander once and got to Diaz. Used a video replay and then dumped my gold on retries hoping for 1 round to give me a chance. No dice... Only 2 fastballs in my 5 tries. I feel like my players are good enough to win of given the chance.

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited September 2018

I'm 0-8 with verlander, includes extra innings 3 times, then throws me junk for grounders and pop ups... just like two wohs ago when he was 5.10 :(

I got to kershaw before the change and now can't even get back to see Snell for the first time lol

It's all done with mirrors
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

Things looked a lot better before the potw & potm dropped...

It's all done with mirrors
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

Ok fellow tappers, I don’t have my woh team pic right now, nor will it compare to y’all as I went diamond GOAT and am way behind that with my roster!! I chose wrong path and chased gold instead of staying strong. I play a lot of tourneys and bonus games daily to keep gold coming, but I wish I chose to stay silver and max team!!!

N e ways on the topic of WOH. As we read the comments by everyone here, it’s a guarantee that woh is TOO HARD. If a max legend struggles to complete level 5 then WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!! If I screw up on my timing, or swing at bad pitch, then I man up and take the lose. but if it’s UNHITTABLE PITCHES that we see the problem then PLEASE GLU PAY ATTENTION HERE!!! Make the curve hittable with THE PERFECT SWING!!

Thanks all for your inputs in this forum, I enjoy the inputs!!

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

@houmy how would you use these guys for the last three rounds . . Cuz the way I've been doing it hasn't gotten me through.. although I attribute it to pitch sequence . Just seeing who you'd use for who on last 3 rnds

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

He beat it early as I did, we got kershaw in the first hour. After that if your app restarted you got the new line up. Your best option is micky for 10 without a doubt. I was using POM turner with 7% skill boost on 5-9 for snell and had no issues. Its all pitch sequence againt diaz. You could beat it with a POW lefty if you got the right pitches.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

All you can do is keep trying and hope to get lucky, no more skill involved in WOH, just random luck.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts

@dkarski87 I wasn't using mantle on 5-10 as he would hit as a lefty and Diaz skill is against lefties . And mantle skill is vs lhp so his boost not active . I used bench against Diaz. And he fared well... Just never got enough pitches to hit . Had one more run late . Bench tied it . In extras I didn't see not one fastball . However I did get 1 hit off a slider !!! An infield hit. When it barely comes off the bat and looks more like a bunt lol

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts

Hey all, everyone send a ticket to cs about the unhittable curves. Tell them to make it hittable with a perfect swing. Give us a chance to use our skill in the game instead of a garentee out every time!!! Enough complaints MAY help us!!

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

@snowy24 I like your lineup but was Jack Bauer ™️ already taken? 🤘

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I have a lot of time and these bats keep me from having to spend in WoH:

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Are you saying you can cycle without spending any gold?  I find that shocking.  I thought they made that impossible.  My lineup at gold level was pretty top heavy (legend Griffey, POTM Turner, POTW Yelich were my top 3) and it still took me over 2K to get Goldschmidt.  Almost all spent on 5.9 and 5.10. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I have a lot of time so I'd rather start over than pay for restarts. Against a guy like Diaz, I don't think it's necessary to boost because your results will be dependent on the pitches you see. To answer your question, I've spent a total of 960 gold all year and I've beaten WoH 13-14 straight weeks. If I had less time, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to spending on boosts(when needed) and restarts.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

You must have magical tap fingers.  I've tried numerous times to do it without gold, and never really come close.  Especially not since they amped up the difficulty in recent weeks.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

Thanks Houmy! Lol! Sutherland fan. Bauer was one of his greatest roles though.