Options

Word of the day: Curveballs

Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts

Or should I say, unhittable curveballs! I must have faced Snell two dozen times yesterday, and only saw a handful of fastballs! I have been able to regularly get to 5.10 for months, and have even cycled on occasion; not yesterday! It became obvious that no matter what I did, I was not going to be allowed to cycle!

Here’s my suggestion: if you’re going to have the unhittable curves, why not offer a batter with a “can hit a curve” skill! I would break the bank for that guy!!!!

Jason 

Comments

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts

Diaz played me the same way for multiple times. High and away, impossible to hit curves! There’s nothing more annoying than not even having a chance.

• Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts

It’s all in the algorithms. You’re attempting to do something which has already been predetermined.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts

Unfortunately, I think you’re correct. Before the first pitch of the first round, they already know if you will cycle that day. That’s the frustrating part!!!

Jason 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

Yeap, you guys are right. Each rd you start is predetermined. I can usually tell after the first few pitches if I have a chance at beating it. If diaz throws you 2-3 fastballs right of the bat you cannot miss any of them and make sure to get a runner on base. If you miss one chances are your round is already over. Also, it would take you over 20, 30 or 40 attempts before you even get that pitch sequence so I totally I see the frustration in WOH. This was one of my last few events I actually played still, the way its going it will probably be the end for me as well. Spend all day trying to beat a player that throws your unhittable balls, even the ATG are stuggling big time. Very sad to see the way this is going to end the season. But dont worry, I am sure they will be sending out a legend only pick soon that will draw in new people into the game.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy