Options

It's back baby!!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

Cant wait for diaz!!!!!! lol @DFBB are you using mantle for him? or someone else?

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options

I hope it's not Diaz. If it is, Bench will the first(of many lol) cracks.

• Options

Of course it will be diaz, didnt you beat it on Monday for goldy? Or did you beat it early like some of us vs Kershaw?

– The Great Houmy
  • Options

I beat it with Mantle against Kershaw. I wouldn't call it early though. It took me awhile and after I heard about the change, I simply didn't restart my app. Lol

• Options

Yea me too, took me a few restarts and didn't want to risk restarting the app. Had a few cracks at him on Monday but no luck, all junk. I saw a guy on FB beat it with banks on a walk off HR off his curve ball. No lie. I wouldn't believe if I didn't see it on my own.

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

I wish they would do that event on the weekends. So people who work can enjoy it on their days off, instead of only getting to experience it a couple hours at night. Love that event! Best one Glu has imo.

• Options

I love the event. I just wish they'd keep derby as a stand alone event. Would be amazing if this was on a Thursday and of course, weekends would be even better.; maybe one event per day that's cumulative scoring for the whole weekend!

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

Another chance at Scooter.... baseball gods please grant me the magical ability to hammer bizarre curve balls into the nose bleed seats hehe

It's all done with mirrors
  • Options

It won't be scooter. I'm going to guess that it's either prime sig Yadi or prime sig Blackmon!

• Options

Ahh ok... forgot thery use the old listing

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

Why do you think it is the old listing? Did I miss one or wasn't the last one labor day boxes for level 5?

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options

The labor day boxes were from 9 days ago. The rewards currently pictured are the ones from the last Royale a few weeks ago.

• Options

I had a brain freeze, partly coz I wanted scooter so bad lol

• Options

@DFBB I would blame the late hour but I think it's the loss of too many brain cells due to some ill advised activities in my youth. For some reason I remembered that box being a labor day box after Labor day was over.

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts

I'm cautiously skeptical that Event Royale is actually back.

I know it shows up on everyone's Event tab.

Part of me thinks GLU had to do a hard reset of their servers early Monday morning to fix the Club Rewards snafu from the weekend prime event. In order to get things back up and running as quickly as possible, they simply rolled back to the latest stable point.

That's why Walk Off was easier earlier in the day for those who played, but got immensely more difficult as the day progressed.

We'll see what today brings. I'm not going to be surprised to see them roll with Event Royale. And, I'm not gonna be surprised if they pull it all back and just go with Slugfest.

Just about the only thing that would actually surprise me is if they spent any time over the last day and a half addressing the very real concerns of very real customers about the very real fraud that Wank Off Hero has become.

• Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts

good point @mi

• Options

• Options

Good point @miggyrising

what do do you guys think about event royale as the weekend event? Lots of options that’s for sure.

• Options

Back or not the choice is clear for me. Slugfest all the way through as I tried to do too much with the different events last time and easily missed 2 or 3 cycles. I'll do slugfest for a good 7 or 8 cycles and then if there is time maybe I'll have a go at WOH. Of course if there are reports of WOH boxes paying out signature primes or legends once players cycle then It'll be that the 2nd half of day.

• Options

Absolutely, been saying that from the first go, lots agree with that idea.... or at least Saturday & Sunday. The only thing that may have been overlooked with the idea of changing the weekend event is the accolades process. They would need to be reworked as they are 50% of the reward during the weekday events building up to the weekend.

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts

In theory, I like the idea of doing it on the weekends, but with some tweaks to the scheduling possibly.

They simply couldn't do Slugfest all weekend long. If they did, those who cycle the event multiple times on Wednesday would get 2.5 days to cycle instead of 1. By the time they finished the event, they'd probably have half a million Prime XP, if not more. To compensate for this possibility, they'd either need to significantly reduce the rewards or make it harder to beat. Either of these choices would make it either not worth playing for a lot of people who can't cycle or impossible to beat for everyone.

The same is true of Walk Off. They've already increased the difficult past the point of impossibility for all but the very few who don't mind dropping a few thousand gold bars for a random chance at getting a fastball. If you gave people 5 times as long to play the event, it's not going to make much of a difference. Those who can't beat the event aren't going to spend any more gold than they are now. And, those who can will either rake in rewards or stop once they're satisfied with how much gold they've spent.

I do like the idea of turning the Event Royale into a multi-day event though.

Perhaps they should simply add a weekly total event in which all of the points scored by a club throughout the entire week are used to determine a weekly club champion.

Keep the event schedule as it is right now. The Weekly Event Royale starts with Walk Off on Monday. At the end of the Walk Off event, clubs would still collect rewards based on how they play in that event. Tuesdays are Prime Sprint. Again, club rewards are handed out at the conclusion of the event. But, the total club score is added to the Walk Off score for the overall weekly competition. Rinse and repeat.

They'd want to disclose the multipliers ahead of time. They should likely be similar to how they were done before. 5x for Walk Off. 2x for Slugfest. Everything else gets 1x. Maybe something better for WOH and SF if it looks like clubs are running up the score on other events without even playing these events.

They'd also want to have some reasonably generous rewards for the Weekly Event Royale standings instead of worthless #1 Draft picks and token amounts of XP.

If they did this, it would make the weekend's somewhat relevant again. Clubs would want to play to increase their standings in the overall weekly competition.

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

@miggyrising you need to work for Glu. 😁

• Options

There have been many suggestions regarding schedule, and I for one want the weekend prime event deleted altogether. It's a huge time commitment and it's boring as hell. Tuesday at least is just one day, so I can live with that but will still skip it unless the rewards are significantly improved or if the club points go toward something as suggested above. Bonus game event is the same thing, other than most people facing stiffer competition and the points format is different...I don't play it either.

I agree about slugfest and woh not being designed to be played all weekend. The whole point of the weekend imo is to divide the events up to make it more manageable and to keep it fresh. Slugfest on one day, woh on another. CvC needs to be accommodated in there but may be fine in the format it has been lately, spread out every couple of hours or more on Saturday and Sunday. The other events, well, for me, pick one of them (prime or bonus game) and run it Friday and maybe have more CvC sprinkled in.