Absolute bullshit Glu - WOH

Glu has to be the greediest organization for gaming in the existence of mankind. WOH is literally impossible. I am using Babe Ruth against Edwin Diaz tower 5 level 10 boosted with the 80 gold. I have now played against him with Babe Ruth and this boost 20 times today. I have seen one, maybe two hittable balls in those 20 games. This degree of difficulty or rather I should say this degree of impossibility is absolutely ridiculous.

GLU LISTEN HERE. You are losing players who spend money on this game everyday and this kind of bullshit will just make you lose more. You're trying to make spend more gold? Well guess what? You're exhausting people in the process. And I am on the verge of quitting all together. I really hope someone here is listening and fixes this issue. Give us hittable balls. This is absolute bullshit.

Prev1

Comments

• bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts

Same here buddy. The algorithms are similar to a video poker machine.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

What is your team level with babe and is he capped? also whats his skill boost at?

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

Bullshit is a kind way to put it. There are no words for the frustration I’m feeling right now. I cycled EVERY single WOH except for these last 2 weeks. After restarting 20+ times vs Kershaw today, I get back to 5-10 and they switch it up to Diaz!!! So there goes all my hard work saving Bench vs a lefty. This game now is more about luck and spending than actual skill. This, along with Slugfest, were my favorite events because actual skill was involved rather than deep pockets. Our club recently decided to forgo the weekend event due to the endless funds needed to win. I really hope that Slugfest remains playable or else there will be no reason for me to play this money sucking game.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

Totally agree. I have been beating WOH with ease lately, except for today. For some reason, pitchers from round 7-9 have changed in the middle of the event and I can’t get past round 9 with Yelich boosted. I can only assume they changed the pitcher for round 10. I have Ruth as well. He looked like a toddler hitting the ball against Kershaw this morning. He is 329 max boosted. Tbh, Slugfest is the only event that I like now. A couple of our VIPs have given up on WOH. Don’t blame them. Its beyond frustrating.

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts

I loved walk off hero as diamond player even though I can’t cycle. Could build up blue cash and get tons of picks playing over and over. Then now standard blue cash is 2k not even worth playing for was up to 5 and gold up to 25 quite often. I think I’ve gotten 30 gold total and just not worth the effort I used to put. But I guess that’s about all events now to be honest.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts

What a weird deal. It seems like they would want us to cycle so we would work and spend more to improve the players

They don’t want you to cycle so you use your gold to keep trying.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2 Registered Users 28 Posts

My babe ruth is level 10 on silver which is the level im at, and skill is 14/20... finally beat him after 30-40 restarts. **** glu

Better be easier today

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts

@ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2 it won't be lol

From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

Anyone beat it?

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

0 for 5 against diaz, with capped Mantle. No beau-no!

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Not me, I was having trouble beating 5.8 (Verlander).  Trying to do it without spending gold, though. 

beat it on my first try today... glu God's listened

• maddmaxx67maddmaxx67 Registered Users, Member 140 Posts

I beat Diaz with silver Ruth 10 on first try, had all fastballs except for one at bat. I had a harder time against Hamels

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

Anything good from the Acuna & Royale boxes?

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I got the POTM Acuna so I've put up over 10 mil in the event already playing bonus games. Prime Acuna doesnt make my roster

• judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts

I’m using Willie mays. I haven’t seen one fastball from Diaz in 10 attempts. The game is broken.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

It's not broken, it's functioning just how Glu wants - do you think they want everyone to have great players, let alone a prime and a bonus player?  But in terms of it being a fun game to play for consumers, yeah, it's pretty much broken. 

I would be fine if they made Walkoff a little more winnable but the prize players a little less desirable.  I'd play just to get the bonus points and prime xp.  But I'm not going to ram my head into the wall and try to beat a virtually unwinnable competition, at the cost of all my gold, just to get a player marginally better than the ones I have. 

@judgesmails1 you have to use a left bat against diaz or youll never get a fastball. Even if the left bat is lower ranking than willie.

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts

Is that for real? I haven't heard that before. My highest lefty is is 182 Hosmer (Silver10). Not sure he would get the job done.

ya for sure. this is well known with this game. left bat against right pitcher; right bat against left pitcher. thats why knowing what youre getting next is so important. I've now tried to cycle a second time. 40 attempts + and not able to. Can't get a pitch sequence to win. Glu continues the bullshit

edited September 2018

I knew that, but I have never heard that it helps with your pitch selection. I am 0-5 on Diaz, three attempts had 0 fastballs.

• midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts

Also 3 attempts with lefty legend Reggie Jackson (all boosted, two gold replays). 0 fastballs. WTF. I definitely don't need another outfielder... but I do desperately need a catcher.

edited September 2018

Ya switched to lefty, he still won't pitch to me. 0-4 lefty (2 no fastball rounds) 0-10 total with about 5 no fastball rounds.

keep trying! I swear its more beatable today than monday. I just beat it for a second time with no gold boost.

• judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts

It doesn’t matter that much righty lefty. If all he’s throwing us curves it makes no difference. Most people that had success today used bench who’s a righty.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts

0-16, nothing but curve balls etc.... 15 consecutive, then finally a couple fastballs, then back to 9 consecutive curves... translation is 3 straight outs, video restart, 2 straight outs, a couple of homers on fastballs, then the third out, gold restart, 2 straight outs, etc, etc, etc... closest I got was 4-5 ... several innings of just curves and 3 straight outs. ... is bs.

It's all done with mirrors