WOH 09/17/2018

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Anyone with Throwback Trout getting any bonus points? I have restarted a couple of times and nothing.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    He wasn’t mentioned on the home page I believe. Just the prime sig 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Thanks buddy. I was looking for announcements and guess never looked at the homepage.

• ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I have seen three different rewards for completing level 5: 1) Paul Goldschmidt, 2) Walk Off Hero Box with either Herrera or Trout, and 3) WOH Box and Premium XP Box.  I also did see the Salty screen but didn't pay that much attention.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited September 2018
    @Armpitastros Signature Goldy was from last week and was showing before the event as that has been the norm this year where they will show the old one until the new one starts. I did see the WOH box by itself at first also and on the next restart it changed to the WOH & XP box.

I actually got excited when I saw the salty splash screen and though they are going to start giving out legends as Salty is the player that was on the new 700 gold legend draft picks before they fixed them.

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Salty showed rookie down below too ....that was interesting I need to start screen shots from here on,
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    They made it really easy for me to log off from the game by 1pm EST today so I can enjoy my Monday. 

Same story as previous 3 weeks. Race through Levels 1-3 without even the slightest issue. Get though Garrett Cy Young Cole on my first try. Destroy Happ like always. 

When I get to Not Justin, my players with base ratings 80 points higher can't hit anything but weak grounders and shallow popups. Boost my guy on the video restart. Beat Not Justin in extras. 

Then Stringbean Slinger induces 3 straight weak grounders from a guy 85 points higher than him. 

Start Level over. Make it through Not Justin again. Same thing with Stringbean Slinger. 

Exact same pattern as last 3 weeks. No matter who I use, what they're rated, if I use boosts or not, it doesn't matter. 

I could do what I've done in previous weeks, which is to keep at it. Maybe I'll get lucky and beat Slinger. Of course, the pattern also involves the next pitcher doing the same to a player rated 100 points higher. 

Not worth the time or effort. 

@Houmy If you can't get this fixed for a lot of players there won't be any interest in a 2019 game. You might not have until your trip in October. For even more people, the deadline might be sometime during today's event. I have guys on my club who aren't even going to log in to their app anymore on Mondays. 

They don't give two shits about the guys who cycle every week. They're convinced, as am I, that Glu manipulates the results of walk off. When they're asking people for real money to play their game, that's pretty close to criminal. 
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @miggyrising I wouldn't put so much weight on @Houmy. He is just trying to help but not really sure there is much he can do but be a voice of us on forums. From there it is in Glu's hands. I think it is great that @Houmy is even trying to help with feedback to Glu. We should all be thanking him rather than pressuring him. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    And before anyone chimes in with their bs about randomness and random number generators, I'll submit the following. 

Two completely different accounts. Both set up on completely different devices with separate everything. Completely legitimate. Even asked CS before I set up the accounts to make sure it was kosher. 

Before this set of pulls, I pulled side by side Robbie Rays. 

Quite frankly, the odds of this being even remotely randomized is so miniscule, you'd probably have to use CERN just to calculate it. 

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I have 3 devices and the  exact same thing happens about 90% of the time....don't get me started on multiple pulls of the same guy back to back to back etc. Anyway has been ranted about on here multiple times since release day
    It's all done with mirrors
    @nym5fan I know that. I'm just messing with him. He's not going to convince GLU of anything. Hopefully, he enjoys the trip. 

That being said, if GLU doesn't act on user's concerns in a discernible and noticeable manner, he might be one of only a handful of players who'll even bother to download the 2019 version. 

And, if GLU is reading this, they should know users aren't going to accept the excuse that they can't fix the issues in the middle of the season. But, they hope to address them in the new release. 

GLU has worked overtime this summer to make this game worse and worse. If they can make changes on a weekly basis that make the game worse for users, they can devote some of that time to making changes in this year's game before it ends. 
  • ChiefHagChiefHag Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    edited September 2018
    :'(:'( All Curveballs from Diaz 5.10...unbeatable
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Diaz is impossible. Don’t waste your time or gold.