Impossible WoH

Dr_MccuskDr_Mccusk Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
has anyone else experienced just impossible rounds? I literally had Diaz throw me 30 at bats of unhittable curveballs. I don't understand this shit. I used a lefty and a righty and just could not get a fastball or any contact with a curve(if I could make contact) was a pop up. This shit just feels so broken. The amount of luck you need to win is dumb. I shouldn't have to cross my fingers and hope for a fastball. I should be able to hit a curve. One of the most infuriating days of playing this game. Considering retiring because of it lmao. Does anyone have tips on hitting curves?
Prev1

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Praying doesn't help much either... it's basically impossible, you may get lucky and be able to hit a curve /slider for a sacrifice or once in a very very blue moon get a single... fouling off usually ends at the 4th or 5th try and still nothing but curves....  my experiences anyway
    It's all done with mirrors
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Ive never hit so many foul outs with such a good player.....
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• judgesmails1judgesmails1 Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Yup they made it impossible. They should be refunding everyone’s gold.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Played 6 games at round 10. 3 fastballs. Glu has completely screwed this event that used to be fun. I think I will skip Mondays from now on. No point. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Ruth did hit one curveball for a single. Thanks Glu for screwing this awesome event up. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I figured since they screwed us by making a non-bonus player the prize (50% of the time), the event itself would be easier.  I.e., that they would make their money by making people play through a second time.

Sadly, it appears they have decided to continue with their broken event, while also screwing us over on the prize.  Sigh. 

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    At this point I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Slugfest becoming impossible as well regardless of how strong your lineup is.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    This just caught my eye lol

It's all done with mirrors
  • 4orty4orty4orty4orty Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I'm curious what their definition of "hit" is. If they define it as making contact, then I would also agree that 80% of the sliders/curves are hittable. If they mean they go for base hits, then they are lying. At gold 10, Altuve is a 275 hitter with a late inning Skill boost. Add the 20% gold boost to him and he should be able to easily hit, and get on base, and curve/slider. No such luck.
    It's not remotely true that 80% of the curves can be hit, as in base hit.  It can't be.  I'd be surprised if you can even make contact with 80% of them, but even if so, who cares?  A flyout, lineout, popout, strikeout, groundball out...they are all outs.   
    I just want to know how much that diamond "legit" teams is gonna go for B)

• midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    "80% of the curves are hittable" LMAO. Legend Reggie jackson is over 350 with the gold boost and I have exactly zero hits on curves in about 12-13 times... so almost 40 ABs. And all I F'ing see is curves (sliders). 
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    All star altuve original hit rating 296. Skill at 12% plus 20% gold boost. Hit rating it like 388. And can do nothing . Why you ask ? Because I can't get any fastballs. I'm sick of it . I'll see y'all on Wednesdays only from here on out . I saw someone say mob 9innings was cool . I'll take my money there instead . I'm done being GLU'D
  • spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    And you may ask . Yes I also used Johnny bench whose original hit rating at gold 10 is 290 . Same boost . Like 380 hit with boost .Them sliders ain't hittable . 
    If anyone has cycled yet please post whether you get both Trout and Herrera or just one of them as the box says "chance" for limited edition versions.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think its just one @houmy. Seen someone post on FB and said they got Trout and was going for a second cycle. Im sure @DFBB has beat it, he will tell us for sure! ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    I cycled and......Trout
    So not only did they keep it nearly impossible to beat there is no guarantee you'll get the bonus point player and even if you do you have to hit a homerun to get any bonus points? Brilliant. 

• ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Not sure their end game but it’s frustrating!
  • Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    I’ve not not been able to get by Snell at 5:9 for the last two weeks! Tried PoM JD, PoW Ohtani, Ken Griffey, none have been able to get enough fastballs to get by. I can breeze my way to 5.9, then it all goes to hell!!!!
    Jason 
  • gludoesntcaregludoesntcare Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Glu literally doesn’t care about any of our feedback. I was able to cycle WOH up until 7 weeks ago. Back then I could cycle every other week or so. They are just extorting money at this point. Anybody know a better game to play?
    0-20 againat Diaz last two weeks. I’m so mad I’ve almost thrown my phone across the room about 6 times. I obviously need a timeout. 
  • ChiefHagChiefHag Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Its simply impossible...down 5 runs no one on...and all curveballs 
    I can’t even get past rd 8 this week...I wrote to Glu and customer service said “we don’t know how pitches are chosen” lol I wrote back and said, it’s simple...you only program one pitch for last rounds. It’s bad when I begin to hate the game and only want to win for spite. It makes our Mondays even worse than Mondays already are.
    Well I for one am pleased with myself. Did not cycle and it's the 1st WOH that I didn't cycle, except the Event Royale ones, and it cost me less than 200 gold for boosts to figure out it just isn't worth it.

Miller just threw me one fastball the whole round...does everyone else feel like this is a carnival game at this point? I wonder how it’s legal. If money wasn’t involved then make it impossible if they want. Seriously, is the MLB game the same with building your team and draft picks? 
  • ChiefHagChiefHag Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I didn't even want the rewards just wanted to beat woh for first time....as i was late to game.... I finally have team good enough to cycle and they make it impossible...really sucks
    edited September 2018
    I just asked the global chat player that received the 80% hittable story from GLU to post it to the forums. Says he/she has a screenshot of the chat.

• davidh760davidh760 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Sandpiper I was the one that posted that here is what they said 
    That is so misleading. Yes 80% can be hit and it is about timing but those curves CANNOT be hit without being an out. Rishelle...I’m disappointed