Options

Slugger Strength

Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
All, 

I am wondering, what slugger strength (ballpark) is required to cycle slugfest at gold? I think mine is around 26k. I have never really focused on Wednesday, as it’s always been my least favorite event. I just think it’s boring as hell getting 10 of pretty much the same pitch, and trying to hit em out. I do know that this is probably the best event for obtaining Prime xp though. If they do the Royale today, I’m not going to sit and beat my head against the wall, hoping for 5 or 6 fastballs from Snell and Diaz! I’ve already frustrated myself enough for one week! Gonna start focusing on my sluggers while that event is still good, so any help is much appreciated!
Jason 

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Best help I can give is save your resources and don't chase it. You are far too late to build a successful slugfest roster. I am silver with a 37k slugger strength and still have trouble on the last 4 rounds but after a few tries usually beat it. There is one gold team in my club that has cycled slugfest and he has a 44k strength. In silver I start facing Gold sluggers in Level 5 and half of the sluggers in Level 6 are capped Gold 10 against my silver 10 sluggers. I know it is frustrating not being able to beat WoH, but chasing slugfest at this point is a bad move, you will waste your XP, gold, Evo, cash, etc. And still not cycle. 

Sorry for the bad news. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. I guess I’ll just hope I can get a few fbs in walk-off! Or I may just play the Prime and bonus games today!
    Jason 
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I wish they would separate the slugfest roster and the everyday roster and have a level up system for both. Where your everyday roster could be gold and your slugfest could be silver or bronze etc. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Radarlove1976 sorry to say but 26K is not enough for gold. You need to be at 42K+ to cycle and not spend all your gold on restarts.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    ArmpitastrosArmpitastros Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I would agree with the others.  I am silver and slugger strength is at 28.5k.  I cycled once and can get to the last few levels most weeks.  I have to boost, not miss or even mis-time a pitch, and hope that my opponent has more than one miss as they outdistance me by 75-100 feet per homer.
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m giving up on Slugfest for now. At least I got back to cycling WoH last night!
    Jason 
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Silver 32.5k strength and i cant. I start really struggling halfway through the last round spent over 30k gold begging for 5star slugger picks but its not even worth it unless you have the primes from early on.