Diamond Walkoff

caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
anyone in diamond able to beat walk off?  I finally was able to get to the last round but at level 7 was outclassed by 70 already.  Most of my guys are just diamond 1 or 2 and regular bonus guys such as pow and weekend box guys.  Anyone able to beat it and is it only primes abd legends able to?  The struggle is real!!!! Was pumped to finally get to final round then reality check lol. 
Prev1

Comments

• bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I can't beat 5-10 at Platinum.
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I struggled through it myself on Monday.  I told the team to make the next one easier.  We'll see how that goes.  Some are saying the Event Royale one is cake. Others are still struggling but not as bad.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    This is what this is what I’m working with at diamond. I’m struggling to get out of level 4 this week, but on the times when I do get past 4, I breeze to 5-7. 5-8 is the highest I’ve been at diamond

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Bigpredfan I can get to 5.8 in diamond...can’t beat it tho. Super tough lol 
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Ok I don’t feel too bad.  Appreciate the feedback!!! 
    This is what I’m currently working with.  Not bad but a ways to go I guess.  Diamond is great for the gold but makes the gifts and events rubbish.

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @caddie2323 you’re gonna need multiple either POTM/POTW or prime guys over diamond 5
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Problem with diamond is that even if you do manage to cycle each week where are you going to get the XP & EVO to bring those players to diamond? They wouldn't do you much good stuck in gold or low platinum. 

Personally I don't plan to go past gold this year. I am getting tired of slugfest as even though I am back to 7-8 cycles in gold tier with minimum gold spent on 6.10 boost only it is getting tiresome. I plan to get about 300K more prime XP so that along with the 200K I already have I can max 5 more primes down the road and then just have fun.

So hopefully as @blueleopard said they will roll back the difficulty to what it was from the beginning and not at what those "80% hittable" unhittable Diaz pitches were as that's really the only event I have fun with.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Are the rewards better in Diamond?

Take WOH for example: Do you get better rewards after each round?

Better rewards after beating bonus games, season mode, etc?

Tap tap tap tap it in
    @bravesfanla as far as I know the better rewards are for CvC only with better boxes such as Legends, POM or POTW and such but again that goes back to my point that unless you have the XP & EVO to bring them to Diamond then the prizes wouldn't be as great.

@Houmy Thanks again for the input. You're the real MVP. Glu should pay you to be a liaison between them and TSB players.

I have nowhere near the EVO or XP needed. At this point, I' just having fun with it. Doubt I'll go to Diamond just yet though.

Tap tap tap tap it in
    @bravesfanla thank you for the compliment buddy. Glad to help. As far as Diamond goes I even regret going Diamond in 2017 and only did it when 2018 came out just so I could try it out. My entire 17 roster is Platinum level 7 or higher legends and primes and was only able to bring two to Diamond. Used to finish season mode with losing less than 5 games in Platinum and in Diamond I win about 40% of them only.

I can't seem to beat season mode in Platinum. Not even kidding, it's been the Astros in the Finals every time. And I lose game 3 every time. So yea...definitely not ready for Diamond. Heck, I wasn't even ready for Platinum. Huge lesson learned this year. My Platinum team last year had no problems winning Sluggfest or Season Mode. I wrongly assumed this year would be the same.
    Tap tap tap tap it in
    I hear you. The bronze picks changed the whole landscape. I don't see myself going past gold this year.

Up until a month or so ago the rewards in walk off were good, up to 5k blue cash in winning a round now 2k is the max.  I think they do not incentfy progressing well and force you to be getting smoked by teams way worse.   But I chose to go diamond to try and compete with score by being able to buy boxes.  Can’t pay like others but it’s my fault for trying.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I went up to diamond and am sorely regretting it. The amount of XP it takes to level up players is outright insane, expensive, takes forever and I still haven’t been able to cycle in WoH. Not flipping once. I should’ve done more research, as I thought leveling up was the thing to do. Little did I know it would just cost me more overall with no real benefits.

Dont make ale the same mistake I did.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I have the same problem in platinum, I just had my first 96 win season and my ace gets smoked for 7-10 runs in the first inning in the playoffs and there only like a 70k team...shrugged it off then I went over 6k wins and 90k overall and I’m 10 games above 500 halfway through and in second place...I’m facing 2 star starters that are 279...so I guess glue thinks it’s high time I move up to diamond..just as I finally able to put up a mostly platinum team...it really sucks cause I need to win and get that evo! 
    I went diamond and do not regret it. Here is why.

i was tired of spending all my gold trying to cycle walk-off and derby. So I decided I would take my team and focus on the other events. I kept a lot of 350 or higher blue XP guys. I crush bonus games and I crush tournaments. I barely play prime events as I don’t want to spend the good there. I win 93% of my games (that total includes season mode which is below 500). 

Im cycling diamond 6 once a week for 7500 gold without spending any money. Save all your cash throughout the week and, with the bonus game cash rewards, you can get close to 2 mil. That all goes I to tournaments which is division wins and bonus games about half the time as the box rewards. 

The only purchase I’ve made in the last 2 months was to get the legend from the VIP subscription. I had 190K in legend XP and no legend so that made sense. I’ll make it to 5-7 on walk-off with what I have here.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Sorry bigpred, that ain't good enough.  This game is based around WOH and being able to cycle;  you miss out on tons of bonus players, xp, and the resulting build up of bonus games to rock on royale or later in the week.  Cyclers lineup is a lot better than what you have there;  being content with less is ok for some but if you can make it over the hump and begin to cycle it is so much better.  And once your team is good enough it doesn't cost that much gold anyway.  Being able to cycle WOH separates the haves and the have nots in this game and that gap grows by the week esp. now that multiple players can be taken down over two WOH events weekly.
    @bigvivec I know my team is weak for my division and I’m losing out on nice legends and primes, but I have what I wanted. A stopping point. 

Mondays I have a stopping point to force me to do other things now. Same with Wednesday’s when I play all my cash for tournaments. And again on Thursday when I use all my bonus games. 

I coupd cycle when I was gold, but it was more frustrating than fun, and all I wanted to do those days was play all day long. Now I’ve broken that habit at least. 

To each their own. 
  • Bronxbomber23Bronxbomber23 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I made the decision to go diamond as well.  My team is comparable to bigpred’s.  My reasoning is this; if you stay at gold or silver even if you’re cycling it’s almost impossible to put up the numbers some of these guys/clubs do.  I felt like not moving up was middling.  Yes you get the WOH reward but what is the point of having all of those players if you’re not winning club events consistently or battling it out for the individual number 1 when applicable.  My thought is that I want to be one of the few who finishes diamond.  Yes I have better inactives than my starting lineup because I don’t have the resources to level them but I have a goal like bigpred said.  It’s actually even more palpable now that they give out the level multipliers.  I just wish diamond was more than X2, but like everything else in this game this year the value of things is not equal or what it should be.  Just my thoughts.
  • jcrow22jcrow22 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    I’ve been debating making the leap to Diamond. This is the first year I’ve played, I don’t spend very much money on the game.  My team is pretty strong, but without the pxp/lxp/evo needed to level up, I regret going to Platinum.  Houmy said:
    I hear you. The bronze picks changed the whole landscape. I don't see myself going past gold this year.
    This seems to be the right idea for next year. 
    edited October 2018
    Here's my current WoH lineup. I'm Diamond level I and still haven't been able to make it through 5-10.
    I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice/pointers as to how I could improve my chances of making it through.

Once I get to the 5-8 to 5-10 range, I get absolutely nothing but curves to swing at and it's infuriating to watch lower level members from my club cycle and pull player after player with weaker rosters.

@LudwigMonster when you say club members with weaker rosters cycling are you referring to their team strength?

Houmy said:
    @LudwigMonster when you say club members with weaker rosters cycling are you referring to their team strength?
    That and I'm confident that I'm the only player @ Diamond level on my club.

I feel like I'm being punished. Lol.
    @LudwigMonster

you won’t cycle walk-off as a diamond team while your top 4 rated hitters are in platinum. It just won’t happen. 

The reason you hit that toadblock is because the difficulty really cranks up starting at 5-7. Pitchers overall ratings make a huge jump starting there. 
    edited October 2018
    Fuuugh.... so it looks like I'll have to spend another $1,000.00 on XP just to compete in WoH (someday).
    ***sigh***
    More sane people would just stop playing the game at this point. I never should've went to Diamond. This sucks. I mean really... what's the benefit of leveling up to Diamond? Other than you get to spend even more money on the game, just to get worse results? Not happy.

• jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    edited October 2018
    I'm diamond and I can only reach 4.8 this week. This is nothing new to me though. Diamond level really starts to get difficult say 4.7 and grows significantly each round after. 4.8 (beiber) is a freaking 285 for crying out loud. On level 4. None of my players are diamond yet and many aren't nearly good enough as platinum 2-6, so it's going to take time to sock away XP and pxp to level them up and Max them at platinum 10 or move them on to diamond. My assumption is that my worst player should be no less than 250 for me to cycle regularly. Unfortunately, I may only do this right before the '19 edition gets released. Cyclers build great teams with WOH specifically in mind. Since I built my team for bonus Thursdays and Sprint events, I'm late to the party for WOH and CVC. Murphy's law, right? At least I've done it free this far. It's not like I've spent a ton of $. But that's why my success isn't immediate. It's a trade-off, but I'm always competitive.
    @LudwigMonster the reason I was asking is that they may be lower strength than you but pretty much at the top for their tier. What is your team strength if you don't mind me asking?

Fuuugh.... so it looks like I'll have to spend another $1,000.00 on XP just to compete in WoH (someday).
    ***sigh***
    More sane people would just stop playing the game at this point. I never should've went to Diamond. This sucks. I mean really... what's the benefit of leveling up to Diamond? Other than you get to spend even more money on the game, just to get worse results? Not happy.

I went diamond for the gold from the playoffs. Plain and simple. Every week I run through diamond 6 and get 7500 gold. I’m up to 3400 evo so that’ll never be an issue. Here is how I do that

all cash goes to tournaments, of which I win 90-95%. 

I normally have 400-500 bonus games for Thursday, which in turn replenishes my cash. I’m normally starting at 100K and ending at about 1.2 mil in cash on Thursday. 

Teams with lower team strengths than yours can cycle walk-off for sure, but remember they are facing silver/gold pitchers while you are facing diamond pitchers.