Issues loading app after update?

KingBamfKingBamf Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I was playing this morning just fine and now my app won't load past 37% and blames a network issue as the cause however my friends phone is working perfectly fine on the same wifi? When i delete the app and redownload it - it goes up to 61% and just keeps spinning and if i retry without deleting the app it returns to 37% error. Is anyone else having these issues?

Answers

• miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Did you solve this? 

I'd imagine the solution likely involves uninstalling and reinstalling the app. In between, you might want to clear any caches or data remnants still left on your device. 

Both 37% and 61% are regular stopping point for the load. 7%, 10%, 15%, and 41% are other normal stopping points. If you get past 61%, the game almost always loads fully, even if takes a little bit of time. 

From what I've been able to divine from the tea leaves, the 37% error happens when the information your phone sends to the GLU servers doesn't match up with what the GLU servers expect to see. For instance, if you've logged in to your team through a second device and then go back to the original device, the game will stop loading at 37% because your device sends what GLU considers to be the wrong device ID. You'd have to return to the second device which will send GLU the proper device ID.

This might also happen if the version on your phone still includes information or processes that GLU has updated in their new version. If that update is considered critical by GLU, they could include a line in their code that prevents a login unless the update has been fully applied. In that case, the game would also stop loading at 37% simply because the GLU servers don't expect your version of the app to still include the things that were updated. 

Clearing your device of all cached data then reinstalling the app should clear it up pretty easily. 
    edited September 2018
    :)
    :)
  • msleathmsleath Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I'm having the same issue as KingBamf. it's still not working