Options

Ice Bucket weekend

nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
Its an Ice Bucket weekend. The latest version of players we already have with stats we already have but wont get any bonus for having unless we spend the gold and money to aqcuire them again but with a different picture. Awesome!
From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
     crappy compared to last weekend. More choices and players. Hard pass this weekend.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Bought one for the hell of it. First one lol 
  • Options
    Pulled 1 on my scrub team, got Grandal.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Nice pull.  Still, that blowout skill is the worst.  The only time it really helps is on 5.10 in walkoff, and I doubt that Bryant is going to be your 5.10 guy anyway.
  • Options
    @Metsicans I’ve been trying for a KB since the game released this is my first version of him, so I’m jazzed about it. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @Haraycaray -- definitely a good pull.  Better than my Prime Arenado for sure. 
  • Options
    @Metsicans hopefully he’s a super bonus this weekend 
  • Options
    @Haraycaray gave me hope and I pulled a Red Sox and Indians prime pick. Ended up with a 5* Chris Sale. Not the worst outcome... but not great either. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    You want to talk about players we already have with just different graphics? The one on the right is from the moments picks I just got last night and the left one is from the Sox & Indians box. 2 point max difference based I am guessing on the length of his beard?

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @Houmy that has to be the worst (by which I mean best) example of unnecessary duplicate players of all. There is no reason there should be two avg joe Prime versions of Kimbrel with a 2 point overall difference. At least put a skill on one of them...
  • Options
    I'll bet you the 410 max is a bonus player and the 408 is not. That will be sure to piss some people off.
  • Options
    FYI the 410 version came out in a prime box WAYBACK early on when primes were just starting to roll out. He was a bonus tier level player early on. Then the 408 version we see now in the moments they made in a weekend box WAYBACK also....lol. Sorry for that but whoever was making these players obviously didn't pay attention to the details, much like the same people who made another 420 prime trout this weekend when last weekend we had a throwback 420 trout for blue xp. Take about dropping the ball.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @nym5fan you were right as usual with the 410 version being the bonus and the 408 useless in the event. Or maybe YOU gave GLU the idea of doing so 1 1/2 before the event? Shame on you!!! :D

• Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    My clubmate asked which box he should get... BOS-CLE or ice bucket. Can someone with iPhone post the odds please?
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Odds are crappy and crappier
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    Best catcher I’ve pulled this year. I’ll take it. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    Unlike last weekend, I immediately locked the player. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    @bravesfanla now the main question is do you have the XP & EVO he needs to be brought to Diamond?

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I got him too, and Brantley out of the other box, both about 60-70 points minimum strength under what I need... oh well, there's always a gift or two to try, maybe...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options

@houmy

Not at all, but I have him to where he's putting up some decent club points. Lost 2 really good members this week. They got to the point where they had to walk away out of frustration. I tried talking them out of it, to no avail.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I'll slowly upgrade him and settle on him being my final Catcher.

Interesting thought I had a few moments ago as I was about to purchase another weekend box: "I don't have enough resources to upgrade him. Even if I pull the best player in the box, I can't feasibly upgrade him.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    @bravesfanla at this point I'd settle for him as a catcher too. Got 300 Posey and he cost me yesterday in CvC.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I pulled prime Kimbrel with the prime Indians and Red Sox draft pick. Trying to figure out what to do with him. It would seem stupid to trade him in, but I certainly can use the prime XP.
  • Options
    @buaya123 Do you have enough Prime XP to upgrade him enough to help your club?
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    Don’t forget to get you 5k of each xp and 3.5 star player for 49.99! 
  • Options
    @bravesfanla Unfortunately I don't have enough Prime XP. Which is why I plan to keep him as an inactive for now.
  • Options
    soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    edited September 2018
    Don't talk about duplicates til you're right on! I have 420 max prime ramirez on my team. They released a new 420 prime for this box so no bonus for me. Bleh!

Sorry, not trying to minimize others' positions, just bummed lol