Walk off hero update?

nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
They say the pitchers have been downgraded for all levels for the final four rounds but yet everyone is still the same. I made sure the app was updated and Force closed and restarted. What gives?

Prev1

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Mine were still the same too
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Pitchers are the same but their ratings were supposed to have dropped. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Overalls all stayed the same 
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Absolutely nothing changed about the pitchers at all. They were all the same ratings as before the supposed downgrade. Seems like it was all just a ruse to make sure everyone had updated their app to 2.0.3. Certainly wasn't any difference in the gameplay after the update. 

Of course, for those of us who played early and played well, we didn't get Knoblauch boxes. Probably okay. What are they? 2.5% odds to get the lowest rated Legend out there? 
    25 percent actually lol 
    Are you certain it wasn't 25 out of 1000? That's the normal odds on those boxes. I know I harvested Legend XP from the ones I ended up opening on the way back through the tower. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited September 2018
    They wrote inside the box a 25 percent chance

It's all done with mirrors
    Negative. 250/1000 Chuck 750/1000 XP 
    I'm anticipating a denial for my ticket for the box and/or they'll send me a box thst is like the normal 2.5% odds, so I took the screenshot to argue hehe
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just saw this thread. It was considerably easier after the 'update.' Most of the pitchers went to level 1. Most notably, Miller at 5.8 was level 1, Price was level 2, and Neris was level 3. Those were huge drop offs from the pre-update levels(price was lvl 8, Neris was lvl 10). In level 4, I believe they were all level 1. 'Not Justin,' who's normally a pain, was absolute cake as a level 1 rating. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I had no trouble getting to 5.10 with my A and B teams but did not experience the increased number of fastballs as others have reported with Neris and thus both devices failed several times after the update. Msybe if I had a little more time and more cracks at it I too would have experienced the increase in straight fastballs and won.  Anyway, will see what the responses to my tickets are and what Wednesday may bring.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I went back through 5 and beat Neris with one free try and one 80 gold boost. Before that, I was flailing. Then I tried to go through the tower again. Got to 8-7 with three dingers but could not get the last fastball or two I needed. 

Suffice it to say, it was a lot easier post-update. Pre-update, I had given up. 
    That wasn't at all the experience of anyone in my club, including myself. All of our pitchers were exactly the same including the same strength. All of our club has updated their apps and reopened them after the update yesterday. 

And, I certainly agree with those who are not overly happy with the idea that CS gave one player the Knoblauch box as a "courtesy" while flat out denying others. Granted, if I was going to give one person a courtesy, it would probably be @Houmy. It's just not a good look for GLU to be extending courtesy to one player while not doing the same for others who spent the first couple hours hitting their heads against a wall without any courtesy whatsoever. 
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    I asked CS the same thing and threw out there if I could get my gold back (only 1500) on the first stint with Neris.  Granted, wasn't expecting anything but thought, "what the heck?". CS came back that they had no evidence I even passed level 4.  Seriously!?!?   I fell out of my chair.  I responded with, "how else can I put up 3M points without cycling?" and an image of my Signature Segura to boot.  I don't really care if I receive any compensation, but don't make ridiculous claims like that!!!  Jeez!!!
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    So glad others have been getting responses from CS... lol. I have not gotten a response and I messaged right when the change happened before the news came out. Obviously I am low priority... thanks Glu! Not that they will do anything lol.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    It amazes me just how dumb the decision makers are in this app, how sloppy the work being performed has become, and how detached from reality the employees in whatever department seem to be. How anyone can think what they did yesterday was ok is mind boggling. It's bad enough that they made what was to many, significant changes to the game play and the awards made available so late in the day, but to then not make it right (at least so far) for all users and in some cases CS agents making statements that 100% contradict what fellow CS agents have said in previous interactions, is mind boggling. It's early still and we may yet get surprised with an appropriate response from the company/CS staff, but right now I think there may be more thsn just a few of us who feel we've not only been slapped in the face but were given the middle finger too. Let's hope they make the right decision, and make it quickly.
    Just received the first response on one of the two devices I sent tickets to CS. Long story short they're sorry I didn't get my reward and that they've sent the info to the developers for investigation.. ... here we go again.....
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Is this a non iOS update, just wondering, also was there no free gift yesterday, played all day never got one. Also anyone have trouble with boosting players yesterday? I wasn’t getting boosts for skills or even after watching a video it would say I earned it but player wasn’t boosted when the stats show up in the box like usual 
    @Sandpipers that is my favorite response they send! I always respond back with "I don't care if you tell the developers you need to do something for me to make it right". And then I again get "they will send the info to developers for investigation... and as stated there is nothing they can do for me" lol. The CS for this game is a joke. 
    Get this @nym5fan I decided that I will stop spending a penny on this game, stop watching videos to raise gold and just f2p and have some amusement from time to time when I'm bored. So I saw the Huston box and thought here's where I will spend my last gold... I needed to watch 27 videos to reach 500 gold lol, bought the box and got Bagwell lol.... too funny for words. Conspiracy theorists would say there's a connection to my missing Knoblauch box lol
    edited September 2018
    @Sandpipers your conspiracy had me thinking I could be so lucky and got a prime pick that produced a 3.5* nobody... FML. 
    edited September 2018
    Sorry dude, maybe it was because I had 150k in unused legend xp and Bagwell is my first.... yeah right.
    Now I gotta watch more videos coz I need the 120 gold to level him up lol
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Ted Williams is the one player I've wanted this year, because he carried my 2017 team and is basically awesome.  I thought maybe this is the time I finally get lucky, after never hitting a "random" legend box in three years.  Maybe this is recompense for getting screwed out of a Knoblauch box? 

My reward for 2000 gold: 7 evo.

I get why not every box is going to yield a legend, but why Glu has to punish you with this type of crappy reward is beyond me.  If i got 7500 legend xp or something, maybe I would have plunked down more gold.  But I'm not going to pay more and get 14 evo.  That's useless. 

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I think pass along to the developers is code for sweep your issue under the rug. Whenever I get that response to a ticket I know I’m getting no satisfaction.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m no VIP but I did contact customer service last night after they put the Knoblauch boxes on level 4 and 5, they saw that I did pass level 4 and gave me a box earlier today.  I’m going to guess that I got the right agent but they didn’t even fight it.  I’m more upset I let 2 or 3 opportunities to cycle get away because I couldn’t get one more hit. 
    I have two accounts that had the Knoblauch issue, my main account response was already listed above. The second account just received CC response and it included the Knoblauch box and a mention that he checked my logs to see I didn't get it previously. So a perfect example of 1 agent doing it right and another agent doing something else. I got legend xp btw....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just received one Chucky box for the first cycle. To be clear, I only requested one Chucky box because I didn't think I 'deserved' the level 4 box.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    I got a good CS agent for once too! Got the box and got the XP. But for once i am pleased with how a CS agent did the right thing.
  • buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Same here, got my box and even an apology.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Wrote a pleasant ticket with no bitterness  & Glu rep sent dm that they checked my logs. I received Knoblauch box within 48hrs.