Options

Back to Royale Today?

Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
edited September 2018 in General TSB Discussion
It looks like it’s gonna be the Royale event again today. Question; how do your clubs approach the Royale? Do you try to divide and conquer (ie players who do well at WoH or Slugfest focus solely on those events?) Do you try to hedge on which events will get the multiplier and focus on those? Trying to maximize what I can get out of my club. I hate to be this way but I am the only one normally that will get us to the top tiers through the week. I just want to try and push some of my teammates to be as productive as possible tonight, while trying not to be an ass about it!
Jason 

Comments

• Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    great question. I just try to do as much of what I am good at and thats what our club does. Afterall it is a game so we try to enjoy it. It is in most cases the only day we hit all the tiers
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Firstly, it's all about bonus players.  If any club members have bonus players, they should focus on the events where said players will receive a bonus.  Next, you should focus on multipliers.  If your club can determine which event(s) have the highest multiplier, it would be smart to focus your effort there so there's not a huge surprise in ranking when the multipliers go into effect.  Lastly, each club member should focus on their strong suit.  If a club member in great at slugfest but awful at woh, they shouldn't spend tons of time playing woh just because there may be a higher multiplier.  That's my 2 cents.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Personally I think it should be a no brainer. From the forum posts it's obvious that there are only a handful of players, 1-3, on each club that can cycle WOH and/or Slugfest so the rest of the club should just concentrate on the other events. Also those that can cycle Slugfest cannot afford not to play that all day, no matter what the multipliers are, as they only get the once a week chance of farming prime XP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Speaking of Royal anyone has a line on the last 3 pitchers? Also if any iOS users can post the odds of the Royale box players that would be much appreciated.

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Last 4.. Cole.. Archer .. Sevy .. Verlander... All lower levels. Enjoy. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    My opinion on this royal thing is if in woh yesterday potw was a bonus he should also be bonus for this event. What's the point of a potw to be only good for 2 events.
  • Options
    @dkarski87 thanks buddy. Guess I'll give it a go then.

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Life with Jim Rice is nice this Wednesday.
  • Options
    @Haraycaray so I am guessing you got him? Mine ended up being TB Trout which I already had :s

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m ashamed to say it took me 8 tries, I’ve beaten better pitchers than a 204 Verlander in less attempts but I did get a Prime Severino so a good chance he’ll be my ace barring getting a legend pitcher at some point as I think they depending on matchups could at least get to the ALCS.
  • Options
    SterlingSluggerzSterlingSluggerz Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    What players will give you a boost today? How does one find out 
  • Options
    @SterlingSluggerz they are all listed in the News/Announcements section. You can get there through the chat section. 

• Options
    Speaking of the Royale. Weren't the ice boxes 500 gold each? 3 of them for spending 2K gold in fan rewards would make them...….

• Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    ...... a bargain?
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I know that it's a kind of bonus they've added in, but honestly given the typical results of those boxes, I'm not inspired to spend gold for 3 chances of nothing
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I kind of missed the weekend when 8 of my hitters were bonus guys. It sucks when NYY pitchers don't get a bonus today.
  • Options
    @dkarski87 you weren't kidding about lower levels. Went through the 2nd time and no restarts. Got Diaz 2nd time around.

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap, I have a bad feeling this wont last. They are giving everyone who complained an easy time and then watch. Legend pitchers are coming next week.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I love triple plays almost as much as 9 straight sliders/curves
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Been a weird day I’m 2-5 on 3.10, I rarely take any losses till 4.8 or 9 and missing lots of hitable pitches too just an odd day.
  • Options
    marc8282marc8282 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Bonus players help tremendously, then making sure whichever event had the X4 bonus helps 
  • Options
    Damn TB Trout again on 3rd cycle. Oh well. I actually had more fun today not playing slugfest so all good.

• Options
    Just had 9 consecutive curves from Archer, that was fun
  • Options
    @Houmy send a TB Trout my way bro! Lol 
  • Options
    @Haraycaray I wish I could brother. 5 cycles with 3 Trouts and Diaz twice. I won't even level Diaz as he's a 410 and I already have a 408 Kimbrell so not worth spending the XP. On the bright side though 4 of the XP boxes were legend XP.

• Options
    I just love those regular max 400+ players. Pulled AS verlander yesterday and I was JAZZED @Houmy
  • Options
    @Haraycaray that's a nice pull. Have AS Freeman and Judge myself. It feels nice only spending blue XP on them. I'm at a point though where I have to be picky with who I spend prime XP on. I'm tired of Slugfest so not gonna get into it as much and sit there all day tapping away. Got 200K left so plan is to get to 400 and then wait for the post season and WS trophy primes, if I get any, and then be done with slugfest. 

• Options
    Aaaaand as soon as I say that I pull this from the tier rewards. Only 370 though so definitely not worth it.

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    @Houmy I cycled it 3 times and got Diaz all 3 times lol I was praying for that Trout!  It was a lot more fun and beatable today so I can’t complain.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    At our club, everyone plays WOH as much as they can to get the bonus players and xp, then slugfest for the same thing then focus on the events with the highest multipliers while dipping back in to WOH in-between.  Multipliers can be figured out early by checking how much results from each event are multiplied after doing one round in each event, so we share that result in the first half hour then go from there.