VIP status

jjarosz26jjarosz26 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
Can anyone explain to me how a person in my club got VIP status while only having the game a few weeks?  Customer care always says that in game purchases play a role in the decision but not the whole factor. I have spent over $500 dollars(which I was told by other VIPs is how much they spent before they got an invite) in less than a year and have been active 8-10 hours a day on the game,  as well as active on Facebook, Twitter and this forum.  How in the heck does someone get VIP in a few weeks?
Prev13

Comments

• ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I’ve heard if you spend a certain amount within a week, VIP status is attainable  B)
  • gvelazquezgvelazquez Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Dang, yeah I am seeking the status as well.
  • frenchrabbitfrenchrabbit Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    if I am not a VIP then there is something wrong. I play too much and spend too much to be a lowlife like the rest of y'all!!!!!
  • sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I spend a lot and I am active in the game. I am also always a top scorer in my club and have become active in the forum. I am not vip but waiting for it to happen. Just playing the waiting game.
  • ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    Just stay active, don't ask for it and your time will come. I also heard that it was 818$ and not 500$, but these are just speculations
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    $800 and see what happens. Certainly not activity. Im in over 3,000hours and about 10,000games. I got no glu love or vip badge. Im into a couple hundred or more. But since $800 is the mark most report, id try that. Guys that say they spent zero and got it, im pretty sure they are liars. 
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • AdorableKittensAdorableKittens Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Wow... I’ve been hooked on this game for a few years, and sometimes feel like I’m giving it more of my time/energy than I ought to. It’s even one of the 3 app games upon which I’ve spent a few bucks once or twice. So I understand very well how one can become fixated on playing. But honestly, the idea of spending several hundreds of dollars on, and regularly devoting half of the day’s total hours to playing an app game—or any other single activity, for that matter—strikes me as obsessive, compulsive, and/or addict behavior. I enjoy this game a great deal because it’s excellent at what it does: simplified offense-centered casual baseball. I’ve purchased, played, & loved many other games as well, & some have literally been life-changing; one is even tattooed on my right bicep. Yet there’s no single title among all those beloved games upon which I could possibly justify spending over $100.

If what I’m reading about how one gets VIP status is at all correct, it must stand for Very Insane Priorities. This doesn’t seem like something to be proud of or hope for, but rather a cause for serious reflection at least, if not outright concern. There’s a whole world of options out there, & even just talking video games alone, there are millions of them; thousands of which you’d surely enjoy as much or more! Think of how many games (or countless other awesome things) you could enjoy with that time & money.

Speaking from too much personal experience with addiction, I intend neither mockery nor judgment. I simply suggest that if any one recreational activity is taking a huge portion of money and time, it’s probably a good idea to seriously ask yourself if it’s really worth it; really making you happy; and really the best use of your resources. When any one particular thing starts dominating your life to the exclusion of all else, it’s probably time to try avoiding it for a day or two, just to make sure you can. Aside from obvious exceptions like family, career, & educational commitments, if there’s something you feel you absolutely can’t put aside for a couple days, then that thing almost certainly is or will soon be a serious problem. Games should be fun, not an obligation; a diversion from life, not life itself; and most certainly aren’t more expensive than rent each month for any reasonable person.

Thanks for considering, and best wishes to you all. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited October 2018
    You just have to do a little digging and research on your own. It's all right there for you to access.
  • Bosox81Bosox81 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Not sure the exact formula, as it does have to do with money, being active in forum and in game, not sure but I just got vip today!
  • thebalkingdeadthebalkingdead Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I am hoping to get VIP status one day. I have played a another game and have spent hundreds of dollars a month to stay relevant before getting tired of spending that much money. I have spent about $100 on this game this year but if it is $800 plus to get the VIP status I dont think I will be on their list. I am not usually one to complain and dont expect handouts. I understand they are in this to make money. I will say this is the one game I enjoy playing the most though and have for the past 2 years now.
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I don't know the formula either. Some say money. Some say activity. Some say all of the above. I play enough and have spent some real $ but not much. I can't justify spending so much real $ for something virtual. But I am enjoying playing the game. Would be nice if some rewards were a little more attainable.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Itz420sumwurrItz420sumwurr Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    It's hard to get
  • bomberdavebomberdave Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I also have spent some money. Not sure of how much but active everyday from start until around 10/11..self employed and to much free time..lol...I also the leader of my club and score pretty decent and the club does very well....tedandhisminions...just wanna be a VIP
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    It's VERY tough to become VIP.  I've been super active on the forums, I play all day every day, and I even spent an additional $500 over the past two weeks to try to put me over the top, but alas, I still have not been blessed with the glorious VIP badge.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I am also hoping I will get choosen.  One of my club mates did and I am pretty sure I have spent more and played more then them so I am not sure.
  • cubbies11111cubbies11111 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    You need to spend 808 dollars. Then you get VIP. Everything else said is all BS. That’s what it is. I am a VIP and soon as I hit 808 I got it. 
    There’s also no hurry to get VIP bc it does absolutely nothing...
    This is the only year I will ever be VIP. Just not worth it IMO
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I think it stays with you from season to the next. Not my experience though since this is my first time but at least a couple of teams in my club kept the VIP from last year. 
    Anyone else had a similar or different experience?
  • mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    the folks in my club that are VIP were able to get theirs granted early on so I assume it's transferable.  They just had to prove who they were from 17.
  • FFUDJJDJDFFUDJJDJD Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    818 isn't the magic # I play obsessively daily. Been at it since July. Spent 820. Still no VIP. It's crazy that there isn't something written as to what is needed. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tocopan18 VIP has grandfathered in the past so it should carry into 2019 unless they change that policy. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @Houmy that would be awesome especially since i got it late this season (2-3 weeks ago)
  • winalot75winalot75 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Wow... I’ve been hooked on this game for a few years, and sometimes feel like I’m giving it more of my time/energy than I ought to. It’s even one of the 3 app games upon which I’ve spent a few bucks once or twice. So I understand very well how one can become fixated on playing. But honestly, the idea of spending several hundreds of dollars on, and regularly devoting half of the day’s total hours to playing an app game—or any other single activity, for that matter—strikes me as obsessive, compulsive, and/or addict behavior. I enjoy this game a great deal because it’s excellent at what it does: simplified offense-centered casual baseball. I’ve purchased, played, & loved many other games as well, & some have literally been life-changing; one is even tattooed on my right bicep. Yet there’s no single title among all those beloved games upon which I could possibly justify spending over $100.

If what I’m reading about how one gets VIP status is at all correct, it must stand for Very Insane Priorities. This doesn’t seem like something to be proud of or hope for, but rather a cause for serious reflection at least, if not outright concern. There’s a whole world of options out there, & even just talking video games alone, there are millions of them; thousands of which you’d surely enjoy as much or more! Think of how many games (or countless other awesome things) you could enjoy with that time & money.

Speaking from too much personal experience with addiction, I intend neither mockery nor judgment. I simply suggest that if any one recreational activity is taking a huge portion of money and time, it’s probably a good idea to seriously ask yourself if it’s really worth it; really making you happy; and really the best use of your resources. When any one particular thing starts dominating your life to the exclusion of all else, it’s probably time to try avoiding it for a day or two, just to make sure you can. Aside from obvious exceptions like family, career, & educational commitments, if there’s something you feel you absolutely can’t put aside for a couple days, then that thing almost certainly is or will soon be a serious problem. Games should be fun, not an obligation; a diversion from life, not life itself; and most certainly aren’t more expensive than rent each month for any reasonable person.

Thanks for considering, and best wishes to you all. 

• winalot75winalot75 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    AdorableKittens, no one could have said it better.  This is a great game that gives us an opportunity to play for free-no members dues.  Aren’t  the real VIP’s the natural upgrader that can increase team strength without paying for it.  My IPhone was $800 and that’s VIP in my book.  I’ve been playing for 3 months now and without paying a red cent, am near 71500 team strength with my own Gold level 4 soon to be level 5 with 20 members all of which play.  Clicking videos for Gold can be more rewarding than getting a credit card bill at the end of the month.  Is VIP that important!!
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    jjarosz26 said:
    Can anyone explain to me how a person in my club got VIP status while only having the game a few weeks?  Customer care always says that in game purchases play a role in the decision but not the whole factor. I have spent over $500 dollars(which I was told by other VIPs is how much they spent before they got an invite) in less than a year and have been active 8-10 hours a day on the game,  as well as active on Facebook, Twitter and this forum.  How in the heck does someone get VIP in a few weeks?
    I’m a VIP player and the way I understand it, if you spend something like $1100 you get that status. I went back through my receipts and that sounds about right.
  • Bigwhip10Bigwhip10 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I'm curious as to why my vip team has yet to pull a legend and when asking questions in regards to malfunctions it takes twice as long for Glu to respond than my non vip team?

• BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Customer service told me spending played a roll and that there wasn't a set amount. Also said that VIP status was invite only.
  • BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    That said where's my invite? lol
  • jmtasticjmtastic Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I play everyday spent more money than I wanna know lol. Never got vip. 
    Man can not live on gifts alone