Options

Hear My Plea: Please Move Event Royale To The Weekend

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
Nobody likes the weekend event.

I hate to be so blunt, but it must be said.  Between overpriced boxes with poor odds, regeneration of the same players over and over in different forms, monotonous gameplay, and lackluster rewards, the weekend event has become the demise of TSB.  More and more teams and clubs are deciding not to spend gold and not to participate on the weekend.  This is becoming a larger epidemic week after week and it is time for a change.

This weekend, my (high ranking) club started out looking forward to another successful top 3 finish in the weekend event.  Within one hour, we realized our bracket was too difficult to compete, and there was absolutely no incentive to spend our time and resources playing all weekend only to win some xp and draft picks that none of us can use.

The solution:  Move Event Royale to the weekend!

Since the advent of Event Royale, everyone in my club and my circle of TSB friends have felt the event would be best suited for the weekend.  The event is fun, engaging, and has worthwhile rewards.  If Event Royale was moved to the weekend, I know countless players would be "glu'd" to their phones all weekend, spending gold, resources, and having an enjoyable time.  This move would be a win-win, as players could yet again feel a purpose of participating in the weekend event, and GLU would see a large influx of purchases and asset usage.

For this reason, I beg that you please consider replacing the current weekend model with the Event Royale.

Make the Weekend Event Great Again!
Proud TSB VIP!

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree with you that the weekend sucks, 100%. But if they moved the royale to the weekend the way it is the derby guys would have a field day. Most can cycle 6 or 7 times on a slow day imagine what they could do over 3 days. GLU would never allow this, they would need to structure it differently. Perhaps time slots for various events throughout the weekend, I dunno, no clue how they would do it. But even for guys that cycle WOH. And the huge points that guy up with multipliers from the royale. I saw clubs hitting BILLIONs in 12 hrs. Imagine 3 days of those same scores. It just wont happen unless they structure it differently.

I am hate the weekend and rewards like everyone else, even if you finish 1st its 1500g and 3 prime picks. Sorry but people spend way more on pulls then 1500g. As states, rewards not worth the payout. @houmy posted a while back a schedule for the weekend once if we broke up all the events into time slots. Cant find the post but something like that might work.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Okay, not wholeheartedly. Kinda half-heartedly. Maybe, quarter-heartedly at best. 

The issue with ER on the weekend would be guys like me and @Houmy who routinely cycle Slugfest and occasionally cycle Walk Off Hero. Right now, I can cycle Slugfest in about an hour. The only thing that prevents me from cycling it 8-10 times every Wednesday is my attention span and my desire to maximize club points. If I really push myself, I can complete the tower in about 30 minutes. 

The weekend event is 5 times longer than a weekday event. If you gave me 48 hours to play Slugfest, it's not unreasonable to think I'd be able to cycle it 50 times, if I really wanted to. 

That would give me close to a million Prime XP from one weekend. 

Yes, they could simply make Slugfest more difficult to beat or they could reduce the rewards. But, either of those options wouldn't hurt me as much as it would hurt those who are less successful at the event. By keeping me from racking up a million Prime XP in a weekend, they would probably be keeping other players from getting anything of value out of the event. 

For me, the solution remains to make ER a weeklong competition integrating the current daily events and applying multipliers to either be known on Monday before WOH or on Thursday ahead of the Weekend Prime Event. 

Make the rewards for the weeklong ER something clubs and individuals will be willing to fight for. I'm thinking the top prize should be something along the lines of 5000 Gold, a guaranteed top notch player (who won't be a bonus guy right away), and a decent amount of desirable XP (will probably change throughout the season depending on what is in highest demand and lowest supply).

Use the event multipliers to keep clubs from running away with the top spots by simply playing one week day event really well.

Then, on the weekend, incorporate some blitz periods with boosted bonus points to encourage teams to play at normally less popular times. For instance, give a 3x multiplier for club points scored between the hours of 7am and 10am on Saturday and Sunday mornings. 

This would solve multiple issues the developers are spending too much time trying to fix instead of focusing their energies on addressing longstanding glitches in gameplay. By simply doing this, and requiring teams stay in their club throughout the entire ER competition to be eligible to collect prizes, they'd make the weekends relevant again and significantly cut back on guys jumping around between clubs to game the system. 
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I understand with the extended time period players who are excessively good at Slugfest could farm incredible amounts of Prime XP, but the point of my post was not that Event Royale "as is" needs to be moved to the weekend, but rather that a change to the weekend event must be made.  @Houmy proposed a plan referenced above a while ago, where the weekend could cycle through the various events, so no member would have too much time on any one single event.  The weekend event needs a change, and the Event Royale (or some modified version of it) is the solution.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    Agreed.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The weekend move would be very ideal for players, but moving ER to Thursday makes sense for both the players and Glu. Either way, I really hope that derby goes back to becoming it's own event. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @DFBB many higher end teams rely on Thursdays for GOT runs and a good reason to burn 1000+ games and put up some points at the same time. Best day would be Tuesday, no point in having 2 sprint events during the week. Especially when the ER holds another one as well. My vote goes for Tuesdays. I personally dont play Thursdays but many diamond teams do.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dkarski87 Those teams can still play bonus games. The only issue I'd have with Tuesdays is that WoH on b2b days seems like a bit much. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Yea but without the bonus day event they are just burning games to level up. With a bonus day event they have the opportunity to put up points at the same time. Thats why you see some of the top clubs with Diamond players score stupid amounts of points because all they have to do is get 1 bonus player or a POW and play 1000g and put up some killer points. Either way you guys are all right, the weekend event needs to be changed or revamped.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    I would at least like to see it moved to Saturday or Sunday. Although, I’ve kinda enjoyed having my weekends off lately!
    Jason 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited September 2018
    Seems to me like the weekend event is too long as it is. Why not add in an event and make the weekend Saturday and Sunday with a higher chance of getting the players from the boxes? 

Monday- walk-off
    tuesday- derby
    wednesday- bonus games
    thursday- tournaments (bonus games give out cash as prizes, so people who play a lot for bonus games will have the cash)
    friday- Event Royale
    saturday-Sunday weekend event. 20-25% chance of a player out of the boxes because it is only 2 days instead of 3

• Options
    gusfringgusfring Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    The little clubs have a chance to compete if it is only one day, if it is three days, no one will stand a chance but the big boys.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Maybe it’s because I’ve been in a decent to good club (we’ve had a few top 10 weekends), but I don’t really worry about other clubs running up the score as long as we hit the progress rewards (after we finished 7th a few months back and realized we got not much for it we just stopped caring about it).  I play my 6 when I remember to and don’t streak anymore so royale on one or more days will at least add some variety and I’d actually would play more than some autoplay and CvC.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I hate to say it but this is a play during the week/riding the train/sitting in traffic/at school/ in the toilet/waiting on an appointment/running errands DURING THE WEEK game.....I have better things to do on the weekend than this.  That being said, for better clubs the enhanced CvC makes participating in those matches and the overall rewards more attractive, and popping in for a few games every few hours over the weekend makes more sense and is more enticing with the better rewards.  Putting royale on the weekend would not only be suicide for GLU since better players would cycle the s#*t out of it, it would also be a drag since while I enjoy the game and spend a lot of hours on it weekly, I'm not going to put it in front of spending quality weekend time with family and friends.  Who can't find the time to break off 8 autoplay games here and there?  All about the CvC on weekends.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @bigvivec that’s where Glu can fix it though. 

Bonus games, before all the bonus players ever started last year, was my favorite event of the week. After win number 200 for 20,000, all the rest were 200 and it was pointless to keep playing unless you were just dying for division wins. 

Set a limit on the number of cycles. 3 cycles and then you are done.  People could put in their “work” and punch out for the rest of the weekend except the quick pop in for cvc. 
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Theres no doubt people are laying off the weekend event. My club has moved from regular 25-50 finishes to top 10-20 and nothing has really changed from a performance standpoint. To be honest it seems we are moving up in weekday events too but like i said no real crazy performances other than our normal point totals. I personally havent dropped a dime in 3 weeks and im pulling the same number of “good” picks in freebie boxes as i was when i dropped 100$ a week.(feel stupid now) the only saving grace for me left is the royale. Its a shame i spend most of the event at work. Moving to the weekend would push a ton of wind back in the sails.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    If they had Royale on the weekend quite frankly, I and several others would be found in dark rooms in corners trembling, saying "just one more cycle!"  It would make crack look as appealing as steamed spinach.  No way I could walk away for any appreciable time with my phone calling me.  LOL
  • Options
    Forsakencowboy15Forsakencowboy15 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    They need to get rid of Tuesday sprint.  We already do this on weekends. Royale would be good here in place of it 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    With Royale, another issue (for me at least) is that it is sandwiched between bonus day and sprint day.  I have zero interest in playing those events two days in a row -- I don't even touch those events on Wednesday.  If you put it on the weekend, you reduce the risk of burnout.  As someone else said, just limit the number of times you can cycle Walkoff and Slugfest.  That should resolve any real issue from Glu's perspective.