Why I just deleted the app

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
edited September 2018 in General TSB Discussion
good morning to everyone 

I just deleted the app. Feels good to be done with it. Yesterday was my breaking point. Giving different rewards based on when people complete the levels of walk-off did it for me. 

I of course messaged CS and told them that if I was indeed a very important person that I wouod have a box waiting for me this morning. Their response was....

I gave you 2 prime draft picks!!! (these are the 2 that I got last night before I ever sent the message. I would believe it to be a global gift). I told them I was deleting the app now and gave them my email address should they feel like correcting the problem (I won’t be holding my breath)

I could list all the other reasons, but ive done that before. Feels freeing to not have that app on my phone. It'll save me 2-3 hours a day.

- no stress about constant curves/sliders
- no stress about different strike zones for walk-off as opposed to bonus games
- no stress about buying boxes and getting squat. 

I won’t miss the game at all, ill miss the people. 

I spent a few weeks in a club with @Houmy and have been in a club with @dkarski87 for most of this year. I will miss the people, but not the actual game. 

Take care everyone. I will not be back for 2019

Prev1

Comments

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I received no global gift yesterday. So I would believe you did get gifted 2 prime picks. Though to me that wouldn't be an acceptable remedy as the Knoblach box was 25% odds to get him. I messaged CS as well with the screenshot that I beat level 4 and did not receive the box before the News was released. I have not been responded to. It sucks and was frustrating when they changed the rewards on the event. I found Sig Sevy to be harder to hit after the changes personally. I do think they should send those that beat the levels early in the event before updates should be given a Knoblach box. Its only fair. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    You are correct. I actually got those 2 prime picks for the first cvc match that ended late this weekend. I was high score and mvp when the hour ended. Just seems to me that when there are this many issues going on it isn’t worth my time. I shouldn’t have to hassle anyone to get the rewards I have earned/should have earned
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

Congrats @bigpredfan.  Spend more time with your family. 

I completed level 4 early also and submitted a ticket to CS to get the Knoblach box.  If they refuse, I'm following your lead......

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m right there as well. I’ve been sending in tickets for the past 3 weeks regarding the con game that WOH has become. I must have really got under their skin, because now they have jailed my team for undisclosed reasons. Can’t wait for Jan, Florenze and all the other CS reps to hit the unemployment line as this once great and fun game runs its course and everyone realizes how we have been taken. **** YOU GLU!!!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Glu is going to be just fine, @fahhq2.  So many people pay through the nose for this game, and I don't see that changing.  We have collectively enabled Glu to make the game harder and less user friendly year over year, and unless people follow Bigpredfan's lead en masse, nothing is going to really change. 
    Yep @Metsicans money talks more than words. Even if you are just watching videos, Glu makes money off of you. 

Like a strike, get enough people to delete the app and stay off of it and then changes will happen. 

Complaining without action doesn’t change anything long term. 
  • PdidsPdids Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    edited September 2018
    And yet a simple search of your name says you are still on the app. I am guessing that was just BS. Dude you are still on the app...4:01pm and I am looking at your profile. What gives? 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @Pdids He may have deleted the app from his phone, there's no way to delete his team from the game.  It's still there if he ever downloads the app again. 
    @metsicans when our team disbanded and people left en masse you could no longer find any of them on the app or anywhere in the game.  I am thinking they gave him the boxes. HA! 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So @Pdids you are saying that if someone does a reinstall, which involves deleting the app, then their team is deleted as well? That is just untrue.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Bigpredfan I am sorry to see it has come to this for you buddy but it may be for the best so that you can cut back on spending on the app. I remember you left our club for that main reason so that you wouldn't be tempted to spend unnecessarily wanting to contribute to the club. Glad to say I have taken my own advice and cut back on the spending as honestly there isn't much point to it at this point.

@Pdids if you can’t find someone on the app you are blocked from them or they changed their name. My team will always be there. 106-107K team strength diamond team that wins 92% of the games I play. 

@houmy it has nothing to do with money actually. This all has to do with how Glu treats their customers, even their very important customers. I haven’t spent any money on the app in a few weeks actually. Especially as I can beat diamond 6 weekly for 7500 gold. This is about having to constantly message CS about 

- rewards I’m owed
    - fan rewards resetting and then asking for those rewards
    - getting rewards that I would get if I played at 8 instead of 3

this is about treating customers fairly from the start, instead of having to beg for them to make it right. 
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I've been on the fence about this for a couple of weeks.

Just had a good buddy I know IRL delete the app as well after his team got jailed without any explanation and without any response. He's recounted some of his experiences with the game to me. Had I gone through a quarter of what he had happen to him with this game, I would've walked away immediately. 

For me, the only reason I'm still playing is the guys on my club. They're a great group of guys who enjoy each other's company. Without that group, I'd be right there with you.

As it stands, I do still play the game. But, I don't use any gold to do it. The only gold I have is from team rewards and progress rewards. I use that to level up new players. That's it. 

I agree with you 1000% that we shouldn't be begging rude customer service people for rewards we've earned through our gameplay. If GLU doesn't want to honor the rewards it offers, they shouldn't offer rewards. 

They've gotten so bad at CS, I didn't even bother to put in a ticket for Monday's WOH event. I cycled the tower twice before they changed the rewards. And, I made it back to Level 5. I played all afternoon, cycled the tower 3 times and ended up getting exactly 2 Knoblauch boxes in the end. 

But, I didn't even bother to put in a ticket because I knew ahead of time what was most likely to happen. I would put in a ticket. I'd wait several days for a response. I'd get some canned response that didn't really make sense given the situation. I'd respond to that with evidence of my performance. I'd wait a few more days. They'd tell me there's nothing they can do. They'd close the ticket. 
    @miggyrising you cycled WOH 5 times without using any gold?

@Houmy No. I made it to level 5 a total of 3 times. 

I didn't spend any gold on replays or boosts. But, I've been very judicious with leveling up my special skills. My last 4 hitters were all rated higher than the 5.9 and 5.10 pitchers without their skills. And, I used a couple video boosts along the way. 

I've boosted all of their skills to +15 over the last few weeks. On Monday, that helped me get Segura who I immediately boosted as well. 

My first time through, Verlander threw all fastballs. I don't even think I recorded an out. The second time, I had to use the video replay on him.

After the replay, he walked two batters in a row. Then he threw a fastball that I homered. Then he threw a curve that I hit down the RF line for a double. Grounded out to first advancing the runner. Then he threw a something pitch that I flew out on but scored my runner. With two outs, he threw another curve that I doubled on. Then he threw a fastball that I homered for the win. 
    @miggyrising do you know what comes after the 16% skill boost for 1500 gold? Is it more gold for 17% etc?
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It's a good point, that I've been neglecting. I've been caught up trying to raise pxp for new players that I stopped increasing the special skills... this isn't the first time I've heard successful users get there in part through maxed out special skills... time for yet another shift in my "strategy" lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @nym5fan 1500/3000/4500/80 Evo are the last four levels for bonus skills.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB 9k gold for some skill boost? I'm not surprised but I am laughing hard. lol
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I complained to customer care about the knoblauch box and got it 2 days later.  Club member dis the same. 
    Took about 12 hrs for the first one and until this friday morning for the second one, but happy they delivered. So I have more legend xp for a future addition hehe
    Knoblauch was a 440 or 445 right? I am personally glad I didn't get him as I would have been tempted to level him up with what little hard to find XP I have.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @nym5fan I will definitely cap Mantle's skill soon. @Houmy, Chuck is a 445 max player. He was great for me when he was first released as a fan reward. He won four WoH for me and was responsible for another. Sadly, times have changed and I don't even use him for WoH anymore. If I didn't already have him, I wouldn't cap him.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    True, but I'm in the begger category so would have done it and have Lxp to spare as a result. I keep getting primes however and dont have any prime xp to do anything with them. Bambam was picked up a week ago and ice bucket trout during royale I think it was, plus chapman and kimbrel.yesterday and today. Still havent finished leveling Diaz from I think two weeks ago due to getting Pujols and Yelich in the same time period. Anyway, will grind away....
    Can we delete this post, dude has played 1k games since he posted he deleted his account. Total BS.@Bigpredfan
    edited September 2018
    @pdids did you read my original post?  I left them my email address in case they wanted to fix it. Guess what?  It got fixed. 

I came back because the club wanted me back plain and simple. Problem fixed and I’m now only playing games where I don’t feel screwed. Tournaments and bonus games. That’s it period. And when you are diamond 6 and have a lot of bonus games you can play quite a lot. 

I’m not playing any event that causes me any stress. No walk-off, no prime events, no derby. Literally just tournaments and bonus games. Also haven’t watched a single video for anything like the moments because I’m refusing to even give them money that way. 

So when you can get 7500 free gold every 1,000 division wins and you win 92-93%, it doesn’t take too long. 

Holler at me when you leave silver 1

Edit: the app was deleted. You can ask @dkarski87 if you like as I recorded it on my screen and sent it to him. Can’t post videos here. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Pdids why you creeping the guys profile anyways. I know the guy very well and if he is still playing why is that any of your concern. He has been here longer then your Aug 4th joining date so find better use of your time. Most people here know @bigpredfan and hes been very helpful to many users posting xp charts and providing advice. If he still chooses to play then so be at, hes diamond level and plays GOT runs for free gold. 1k games a pop.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Creeping is the word, it's way past enough already
    @Pdids I would give up on trying to troll @Bigpredfan if I were you. You won't find many forum users that would take your side on this one. As @dkarski87 pointed out big has been one of the most helpful members on the forum and having played with him in the same club I know he's as solid as they come and a class act.

@nym5fan I've never gone past the Legend XP on skills boosts. Not convinced that a 1% boost is worth gold.