Walk Off Hero 10/1 Game 163 Edition

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
Your last 4 today overalls are at Gold level.

5.7 Severino RH 193

5.8 Miller LH 200

5.9 Price LH 200

5.10 Neris RH 216
Prev1

Comments

• VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    They raised the levels back up rip
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Got two fastballs from Neris. Two more than Diaz, but 4 less than it takes to pass.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Can anyone confirm the level went back up?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don't think they raised it.  Neris was Gold 3, I'm almost positive.  I bought two retries and failed.  But next time I made it back to him, I won with just the free 20% boost. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    ok thanks @Metsicans
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    Can someone please post the odds for the players in the 163rd game box?  Thanks!
  • 4orty4orty4orty4orty Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Legend Young - 10%
    Sig Kersh - 15%
    Sept Hero Davis - 37.5%
    Bubbly Baez - 37.5%

Chance of getting anything hittable by Neris - Not a snowballs chance in hell. 

Good work to those who have gotten past him. Closest I could get was 5 runs. That late breaking ball is a constant pop up to the catcher. Have to catch the right sequence I guess. Not wasting money to do it though.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I was able to almost just walk to a win which surprised me due to going 0-16 last week vs Neris, today Yelich + 40 gold boost = 8-5 win only had one out on the second pitch.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I picked up Davis and legend Yount. Too bad I have to head to the airport. Takes me two tries to beat Neris each time I have been through. 
    How do people beat Neris? Can you hit his slider (or whatever it is)? I only get about two fastballs per inning.
    @MacGruber, no, the pitch that speeds up halfway to the plate is always unhittable.  But the fastball sequence is happening more often now.  I think I got it on my 4th try. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just got to 5.8, tried a video boost and it was stuck on 'loading video.' Eventually, I had to restart the app and it restarted me back at 5.1. I got back to 5.8, tried to video boost and same thing happened. Back at 5.1 again. How dumb would I be to try using a video boost again?? :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @Metsicans 0-5 so far, every fastball has gone for a hit.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    My wifi had a glitch and it caused me a restart during 5.10, like I need that kind of help :(
    It's all done with mirrors
    Well, 0-4 on Neris and I've had 1 hit... everything is in on the hands for an infield pop up except for two sweeping curves thst I popped into mid field.
  • gludoesntcaregludoesntcare Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    After a couple month drought of losing in WOH, I actually beat it 2 Mondays in a row. Could it be all the bitching to CS? Or maybe that I started spending $ again? I love this game and hate it so much. Anybody struggling on Neris, you just have to keep getting back to him. I eventually got a sequence that was 80% fastballs.
  • gludoesntcaregludoesntcare Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I then got Baez from the 163Box
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 2-2 vs Neris with Yelich and a 40 gold boost, I spent more gold leveling Turner up as he will be slightly better than Prime Arenado with a 30 hit rating upgrade with similar power.  I’ve gotten September Davis both times, would’ve liked Yount since I had him last year as my only legend.  Team would be more than set if I could get 10-15k gold to get Mick and Mays evo but I feel like I’m getting to a decent place.  Prime exp to finish off Miller and to level what will become my starting rotation and I might start saving for the Plat/Diamond climb to finish off the season.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @redlegs2018u I would have loved to get Davis but got Baez and don't really want to waste the XP on him as I already have 420 Altuve. But even at bronze one I have about 4 or 5 grand slams with him already being in gold tier so at least he's good for the bonus points. What does Turner look like maxed? Don't know if I want to spend the gold/evo leveling him up.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy, Turner is 246 maxed at gold. Better than my Prime Arenado. 
    Ugh its even more frustrating when someone says 2-4. I have faced him 10 times, its not skill he won't pitch to me. I have not beaten walk off in 2 months because no one will pitch to me. I am at least 0-100 on 5.10.
    @MacGruber Who are you using at 5.10? Many believe that the better the batter, the better the pitches you will see.
    @DFBB Usually Chapman (Max 430) or Altuve (420), today PotW Gurriel.
    @MacGruber I think that might be the issue. I was able to cycle it 6x with Will Clark. I have guys in the club with nice legends as well and they saw plenty of fastballs too. Neris' bonus skill is also vs RHB. It's still possible, but odds are definitely lower. 
    Same boat @MacGruber I had one round where I saw more than 2 fastballs and it went to 5 in total and I fouled one of them :( 
    Anyway, 0-9 despite having the bats to do the job.... disappointed
    I think we’re at the point where we need legends to beat walkoff. Although really, POTMs and POTWs with the right skill and hitting from opposite side of the plate as the pitcher should be good enough.  

I cycled three times. Really wanted Prime Kershaw but got Davis and Baez. With prime Altuve already capped, I might trade that Baez in eventually. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I'm in the same situation as you @Metsicans having Altuve capped. Don't really need Turner either as I already have 425 Bregman and 430 Chapman maxed. Gotta start trading some in as now I've reached the dreaded "max locked inactive" point and need to clean up the inactives some. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I beat it on my 7th try with Prime Altuve
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan M PotW was about 20 points ahead of my Altuve, so this legend stuff is bs i was at least 0-15. When the F am I going to see some pitches? I can get to 5-10 easy. So lame.
  • midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    It's way easier than it was 2 weeks ago. The first time they introduced Neris at gold level he was like 263 or so, yesterday only 213 if I remember correctly. I do think all the bitching got through to glu.