Options

$818 is EVERYTHING...My Journey To VIP

LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
edited October 2018 in General TSB Discussion
TL;DR: Spending OVER $818 is the only way to achieve VIP.

I randomly stumbled across the TSB app at the start of the 2017 season, and my world was forever changed.

I instantly became fanatical, playing day and night, often up to 12 hours each day.  I enjoyed the game so much, that I consumed myself with everything Tap Sports Baseball.  I found myself constantly on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and even this official forum (though I never thought to enroll as a member).  I envied those with the elusive VIP badge, but living paycheck to paycheck without much disposable income, I understood that the badge was for the elite, and it was not something that I would ever be able to attain.

At the start of the 2018 season, my mind was changed.  I frequently saw members discussing what it took to be selected as VIP.  Some members claimed you had to spend $818, others said $500, while others said they received the badge while spending under $200.  Some members even claimed they spent very little and were just active in the forums.  This is where the light bulb went off, and for the first time, there was a glimmer of hope that I may one day be able to achieve that brilliant VIP Badge.

I quickly created an account on these official forums and got to work.  I answered questions, assisted members, and generally shared my knowledge about Tap Baseball every opportunity I had.  I was manning the forums near 24/7 trying to prove my worthiness.

After a couple of months of obsessive posting behavior, I had accumulated hundreds of posts, hundreds of "likes" and "agrees", but alas, I did not appear to be any closer to achieving VIP status.  

After countless hours of assisting the community, I felt it was time to request what I felt I had earned.  I reached out to GLU on Facebook, Twitter, the moderators of the forums, the in-app customer support, and pleaded my case.  I received very few responses, and those I did receive were not very encouraging.

At this point, I knew what I needed to do.  I figured I had successfully checked every box on the VIP qualifications list...other than spending a significant amount of money in the game.  Not a wealthy person by any means, I decided to sell some of my most prized possessions on Ebay to begin purchasing gold within the app.  Every time I sold an item, I purchased an iTunes gift card, and purchased Gold through the app.  Being such a large contributor to the community, I figured I would be a VIP in no time.

Mountain after mountain, I checked my app only to find that the elusive VIP badge did not appear.  I spent $200...no badge, $300...no badge, $500...still no badge.  I completed all of the gold achievements which I had been told is how one earns VIP...no badge.  I couldn't believe it.  Could the $818 number be real?

I continued selling my possessions and loading my itunes account until I had nothing left to sell.  I was finally about to make the purchase that would put me over $818!  With a click of a button I bought a mountain and quickly rushed to check my account....no badge.

I was beside myself.  I had done absolutely everything I could imagine in an attempt to become a TSB VIP, and had come up empty.  In an attempt to cheer myself up, I spent 30,000 Gold (not during fan rewards) and purchased 15 Ted Williams boxes.  Box after box I received, cash, xp, evo, draft picks, but no Ted Williams.  I was depressed, broke, pissed off, and now had 30k less gold in my TSB account.

I still had $300 left in my itunes account, so I decided I would spend the rest of it but that was it.  Mountain...nothing, mountain...nothing, mountain...nothing.  

That takes us to this morning, where I was down to my last $75.  I logged in the app, a mountain offer popped up, and I went for it.  I then force closed the app, and reopened, and to my amazement...I WAS A VIP!!!  My long awaited rigorous journey had finally come to an end.  As I open my account every 5 minutes to stare at my glorious VIP badge, I offer this advice to those wishing to become a Tap Baseball VIP.

In my experience, it doesn't matter if you follow and are active on Facebook and Twitter.  It doesn't matter if you join or post on the forums.  It doesn't matter if you play all day every day, reach a certain number of wins, or achieve any other in-game statistics.  It does't matter if you spend $200, or $300, or $500 within the game.  It doesn't matter if you complete your gold achievements.  The ONLY WAY that you will EVER become a Tap Baseball VIP, is by spending OVER $818.  

-My truth.
Proud TSB VIP!

Comments

• Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Haha congrats. Enjoy it before the Glu gods decide to jail you for no reason with no possible recourse. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @LonzoBallin congrats buddy. You really deserve it and truth be told I am going to miss your old signature. You are right about the $$$ amount being the real qualification though. I was not on the forums last year until I became VIP and so it was just the $$$ spent. Makes sense though as like with anything else in life you get better rewards the more you spend. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Congrats Lonzo! I know how long you've worked towards VIP. I'm happy as heck for you buddy.
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Congrats Alonzo...you deserve it! Be careful tho, as MM stated above. After all the blood, sweat and tears-it would be a shame for you to lose out on the VIP benefits! Once again, congrats brother👍🏼
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Dumb stupid autocorrect...Lonzo🤪
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @LonzoBallin This hurts man. I've been talking to you for awhile today...and I find out about your VIP status like this??? :(
    Oh yeah, where are my manners. 'Grats buddy! lol In all seriousness, I'm happy for you. I know it's important for you. Initially, I felt that your motives were a bit suspect, but you're a good dude. You're so damn helpful and I'm sure you will continue to be a great asset for the community. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    congrats @lonzoballin, get your name to CS asap as gifts go out Thursday. You might be able to make it in time.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @LonzoBallin what @dkarski87 said. In the event you don't get your name on the newsletter in time just ask them for the gift when your name does eventually get added as they have sent it to others after the fact before. Also once you get the newsletter there are sometimes questions in there that need a reply by a certain date to get additional gifts so read it carefully.

• Options
    @dkarski87 @Houmy thanks so much for the extra info.  Your insight and worldliness into everything TAP Basbeall has been greatly appreciated.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    @LonzoBallin we aim to please. And with "we" I am just referring to myself as I am waaaay past referring to myself as a 3rd person now and am on a higher level. @dkarski87 can fend for himself on that one :D

• Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Congrats!, I may be reading this wrong but sounds like you spent over 1000 to get it.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    touche pal... ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Congrats @LonzoBallin and like several others  on here, well deserved.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Congrats, but alas... more confirmation I will never achieve VIP status lol. I refuse to spend more than $60-100 on a game in the duration of my playing time. So VIP I shall not be... but enjoy the game for what I can get out of it with that budget in mind, I shall. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks Lonzo needs some professional help?

i mean sellling belongings to achieve vip status?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    @whynot you got me!  I am a self admitted TAP junkie/addict.  That said, I'm hoping VIP is the cure for my disease.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Been a tapaholic myself, for 5 years, good luck kicking that addiction!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    razorback24razorback24 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Good luck getting gifts Friday! I spent two weeks dealing with CS to get added to newsletter. I came VIP labor day and didnt get the Friday gift and was told I had to be added before the month begin. Hope you get what you deserve this Friday!
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    That’s awesome, and a sad state of things at the same time.  Knowing I’m active here goat diamond in game spent several hundred on game and will never be vip due to not being able to play the 818.  I’ll continue to play but that’s a real bummer!!! But congrats to you none the less!!!