Legend Derby has arrived!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
But um, can we get the 10k lxp to replace the prime slugger in level 6? Pretty please? 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Have a feeling that slugfest is going to be brutally hard. 7 levels!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Perfect timing. Leas incentive for me to slug. Been getting super tedious lately and the fact that 6 isn't LXP blows.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy I feel like it almost has to be a placeholder of sorts(with Nolan). It makes no sense to keep pushing prime sluggers at this stage. Also, how else are we supposed to level our legend sluggers if they dont have lxp as prizes?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    So woh will have legends in 2 weeks? ;) Sorry to rain on your joy @dfbb but I dont slug!. I will however love some lxp in woh. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @DFBB even with LXP those above silver just can't afford to level them up. I won't bother cycling more than twice, if even that, any longer. Just gotta baby the 240ish PXP I have for any WS Trophy primes I may get and be done with it.

@Houmy, I don’t remember WS primes from last year. What’s the deal with them? Like signature primes?
    @Metsicans pretty much like signature primes. Released after the series of course and last year I remember getting Verlander through WOH and Altuve may have also been WOH or boxes.

@Metsicans I actually forgot how good they were. More Legend caliber than signature primes. 

Instead of dropping Nolan, they dropped Crime Dog's rating at b1 to 125?? Ugh! :(
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Houmy ahh the good old days where you actually got players at your level. 
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    For those of y'all that played last year, does having the Legend as the top prize also raise the difficulty of the final level astronomically? 

I'm fine with spending some gold to finish Slugfest. But, if my stable of Prime Sluggers isn't going to be good enough to beat Level 7 without dropping 2000 gold, that would be good to know. 

@miggyrising, Walkoff remained mostly the same except 5.9 and 5.10 were legend pitchers. A few weeks I played 2017's Walkoff for giggles.  I had capped diamond Ted Williams (I cycled walkoff ten times to do that), but could not beat 5.10 despite using all of my remaining 2017 gold (about 3k).  I think it was a capped signature legend Ryan.  Impossible. 

@Houmy, now that you remind me, I also had that Verlander and Altuve.  Verlander was my ace for a long time before they released Signature Fergie Jenkins in Walkoff. 

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    after the season is done and the new tap baseball 2019 gets released, do they still do WOH or something in the '18 version (or the '17 version for that matter)?
    Still no changes to derby. I'm also a bit nervous about how difficult they will make legend derby. 
    Silver is reasonable, but I heard gold is tough! Also, bonuses for crime dog isn't working. :(
  • AnomanderrakesAnomanderrakes Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Seemed to me that level 7 was easier than level 6.  Also, like you, I'm not getting points for McGriff. Sent in a ticket, I'm sure it'll get answered within the next week
    As @DFBB and @Anomanderrakes mentioned, it appears Level 7 was a little less challenging than Level 6. 

That may be a little misleading though as Level 6 was significantly more difficult than previous weeks. Same hitters. They just had more perfect rounds with insane distances to beat. 

At one point, I swear Aaron Judge hit 3 straight 600 foot homers . I entered the bonus balls ahead by 100 against him. Hit all three to the power alley over 525 feet. Still lost by over 300 . Totally glu'd. 

I did end up with Crime Dog though. 
    edited October 2018
    @miggyrising I know it varies from cycle to cycle, but I didn't think level 6 was more difficult than previous weeks. I was able to level McGriff to silver 5 and just cycled the rest of the way to cap him so I could save on Lxp. I expect GLU to crank up the difficulty for silver on Weds and make it reasonable for gold.
    I'm really hoping they add lxp to level 6 on Weds. I don't really understand why they would continue to feed us prime sluggers while making it very difficult to cap the legend slugger reward. I Would also love for derby to have it's own day again, but it appears that ship has sailed. 
    @DFBB I'm totally with you on giving Derby back its day. At the very least, GLU could give Slugfest a premium multiplier in the Event Royale to reward those players who have spent all season actually playing every day without sitting out Wednesdays. 

Given that the absolute best round score that can be achieved with the bonus player is 100k (which only happens when they mistakenly give the Bonus Slugger his super bonus plus his team bonus), it would seem reasonable to make the Slugfest multiplier at least 3x the multiplier given any other event. In any of the other events, individual game bonus points can often be 300k+.

Those bonus scores only go up when you add in the pickem multipliers, which aren't available to Sluggers anymore. 

If @[TSB] blueleopard is looking for feedback on Event Royale, that's my №1 issue. Slugfest should always get much better multipliers than other events.