Options

New Update and tons of changes!

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @bravesfanla I love that GLU actually reads our suggestions. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts

Is anyone worried that the game is potentially turning to a subscription-based service? Or that it will shift towards that in a way that makes it non-competitive for non-subscribers?

From a business model perspective, it makes a lot of sense. But not if it's done the wrong way.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @nym5fan I would like to think that the subscription will last for 7 days. They released this update after yesterday's cvc so obviously if you bought today you'd be short changed 1 event if it was just to cover Thursday and the weekend. The terms talk about a 24 hour advance renewal if on autorenewal so again I tend to think it's every 7 days. It would also allow for flexibility to change cvc dates... anyway we shall see.
    My little club had a great start in yesterday's cvc but then got hammered the rest of the day, despite a couple of our teams scoring better than usual. I chalked it up to people having the potm bonus multipliers going for them, but maybe it was also this subscription thing.
    Oh and the club enhancements for buying a mountain and sharing one of today's bonus player boxes with all your club mates seems real friendly, like buying a round at the pub ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts

@Sandpipers

Where are those club enhancements located in the game? I don't see them.

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @bravesfanla it's in the same specials tab in the gold menu, actually called Box Gift Bundle 

I just realized that this offer is actually the 30% off Mountain deal that I never get since I never get pop ups anymore.... so I guess it's an ok deal regardless.
  • Options
    SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    So let’s say I buy the 9.99 trout subscription 
    and I cancel it ../will I still keep trout or it’s gone?
  • Options
    @SuperKingOfPaisas You will keep the Trout.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @DFBB you gotta catch photo release man... lol
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    @nym5fan what's that?
  • Options
    Putting trout back in the "water"
  • Options
    @DFBB fishing joke. 
  • Options
    @nym5fan I'm an indoor boy. :)
  • Options
    @nym5fan and I share a penchant for telling bad jokes ;)
    Of course many of us on here have that affliction.... some are just worse than others hehe
  • Options
    @Sandpipers if you are an avid fisherman... that joke was awesome! lol
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I love certain aspects of the update. Others are just dumb .

Even though I'm a Silver for life, simply because I prefer playing the game to spending all of my time and resources leveling up players I'm only going to cut next week, I love the addition of bonus multipliers for those in higher tiers. It gives people a legit incentive to at least consider moving up to a higher level. 

I also love the addition of user stats to the player cards. As someone whose club has been subject to massive CvC hunters, who only want to try to poach a few Diamond level rewards, it's good to be able to see more than just a team and slugger strength. Also comes in handy when someone claims they've cycled Walk Off or Slugfest routinely. 

I could care less about the CvC upgrades. My club has a CvC beast in it who has already been taking on 99 percent of the rewards by spending tons on boosts and gold. I autoplay one entry so I can pick up my 4k pxp. That particular mode has become nothing more than a measure of who is willing to outspend the other. If someone wants to drop a MoG chasing after an XP box and a couple empty Legend boxes, it's all there's. Adding in a subscription only makes that issue more acute and makes me want to play it even less. 

As far as the rest is concerned, most of it doesn't matter that much to me. Animated player pictures? Meh. 

I am stoked with their attention to the gold videos though. It's a subtle change, but I like it. By not giving the option to view a video unless one is actually present, it saves a ton of time and aggravation. 
  • Options
    So I was studying the cvc Prime Trout vs the Stats Leader Prime Trout, and they have  almost identical numbers, except Stats Leader has a risp skill and cvc offer does not. How much of a difference do you guys think these skills make to results?
  • Options
    @miggyrising Definitely agree with the sentiment of your post. I didn't realize we could view those stats of other players as well. Super cool. And the video thing? I'm digging it!
  • Options
    @Sandpipers the CvC trout is probably only good to plug in your lineup on CvC days. The rest of the days he will probably be mediocre at best and ride the bench. 
  • Options
    Thx @nym5fan
  • Options
    @Sandpipers I'm a huge advocate of bonus skills. For example, my entire team's bonus skills are always leveled to at least 12. A player's bonus skill is often more important than his base ratings. I can't endorse it enough. 
  • Options
    I only started Cycling WoH once I leveled Prime Altuve's late inning skill to 16% and had his Pennants maxed out. So I think both are important. Of course they did no good against the Diaz ERA of WoH… 
  • Options
    Thx @DFBB I asked partly because of woh but also as a comparison to all these versions that are out there.... I have ice bucket trout who is max 420 but with RHP skill which to me is like moving towards having a switch hitter.... his base numbers were 121, 123, 74 while the two versions I mentioned earlier are base 121,128, 80/81 and max 430 but Stats Leader version has the RISP skill. So it's clear now why the cvc offer is of the version it is, pay some money for a guaranteed player and you get a slightly watered down version
  • Options
    @nym5fan I believe it, and you guys have confirmed it... just wish I wasn't starving for pxp all the time so I could raise those skill levels past 9 or 10.... it's funny you mentioned pennants I've maxed all those things out and have like 30k balances on all my accounts... think I'll have to go full on with the 150 gold speed up for season mode to get that semi final 10k pxp
  • Options
    mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Anyone know when the Android update will drop?
  • Options
    @mynolesrock I'm android and I updated it this morning.
  • Options
    Came out late last night @mynolesrock
  • Options
    @mynolesrock if you are not seeing the option to update, you may have autoupdate enabled and already have the current version. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    So they and now sell new stuff at super high prices but they screw up the video player that shows ads for free gold with the latest update?🤔  I watched ten videos and received only 4 gold. I see why now,  trying to pressure people into spending money. I would assume they get a really good chunk of their revenue from ads not people spending money. Who knows I  could be wrong but with every little chance to sneak an ad in that's why I would assume that. Different year version but the same old mentality and screw ups... like a bunch of kindergarters that never learn their lesson and keep failing kindergarten. 
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @Houmy
    The popup offers last year were great. I got the Guriel. Player rating close to legend and WOH skill. I think Glu decided it was too good a deal because they went from $20 to 30 pretty fast. I don’t know why they don’t do more offers like this where customers will know exactly what they are buying. The popup and most offers now are stuck with chance at. You might get that nice Prime player or you might get a 5 star. Not worth rolling the dice on in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Keep the feedback coming, guys.
    Also, something I haven't heard from you all about yet is the Club Specialty Package.