New Update and tons of changes!

13Next

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Club specialty package seems really cool. There are many guys out there who love helping their clubmates. The problem is that most of those same guys can get the gold for the $70 special, which means they are paying $30 for everyone else to get a box. Overall, I think it's a great idea and I'm sure it will be a hit.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    I also really like the idea of the club specialty package. The most recent offer I have to admit was a little more on the expensive side, but I know many, including myself, who wouldn't hesitate to spend a little extra coin to help out their buds. I recommend adding this feature to the EXP deals for fifty bucks: increase the exp given and maybe have a little portion of that go to the rest of the club.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @[TSB] blueleopard I likened it to buying a round at the pub, real friendly gesture, plus it's a 30% off Mountain purchase if I'm not wrong, so not a bad deal overall.
    It's all done with mirrors
    edited October 2018
    Never mind.... brain matter just caught up to itself..... as I try to delete my question lol
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    @blueleopard
    Club Specialty Package is a good idea in and of itself. The price is what, in my opinion as a consumer, will result in lackluster sales. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    In other words, ain’t nobody paying extra for their club members. 

Obviously, there will be those who buy the CSP. I just don’t see it tipping margins even slightly. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Did anyone get the cvc Trout yet to be able to confirm his max? Don't need him but if the max ia good enough and they offer a catcher down the road I'd be tempted even without special skills.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy his numbers are almost identical as Stats Leader Trout who is max 430
    Thank you @Sandpipers. I guess gotta keep my fingers crossed for a Posey or Molina. Got 375 Posey at bronze 1 inactive as I can't bring myself to waste the xp in him. 

• miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @[TSB] blueleopard We actually purchased one of the Club Specialty packages this evening. 20 guys in the club. The guy who made the purchase needed the gold, so why not?

Unfortunately, as we've discussed ad nauseum here, y'all have an issue with what you claim to be a random number generator-driven algorithm to determine the outcomes of mystery boxes. If there's one issue that is going to keep clubs from purchasing these things, it's our experience with the mystery boxes. 20 guys. All 20 received the same XP reward. 

Now, we know these things are claimed to be random. And, we understand the nature of odds. We certainly didn't expect all 20 guys to get something out of the boxes. We didn't even expect 5 guys to get a player from the boxes. But, since zero received anything, there's zero percent chance anyone on our club will make a similar purchase in the future. 

Please don't insult our collective intelligence by continuing to claim the outcomes of all your mystery boxes and draft picks are random. It's really not a good look.

If you're going to take anything back to your friends on the dev team, this should be it:

It doesn't matter if every user in the game gets a bonus player from the boxes. Say it again with me. It doesn't matter if every user in the game gets a bonus player from the boxes. One more time. It doesn't matter if every user in the game gets a bonus player from the boxes. One last time just to make sure. It doesn't matter if every user in the game gets a bonus player from the boxes. 

When users get bonus players for an event, they are much more likely to spend money to play that event. They are more likely to buy gold. They are more likely to watch videos. They are more likely to log in throughout the event.

If every one has a bonus player, some will try even harder to get more so they will have an advantage again. It simply represents a baseline shift in the points scored during the event. Instead of a few people dropping insane money to score huge points while the rest of the Tapiverse logs in occasionally to play their free energy, you'd have everyone playing while the same crazy individuals would continue to drop insane money. 

When users continuously feel as though they are getting shafted on the mystery boxes, they disengage. They stop playing that event. They put down their devices and do other things. Good for their wives. Bad for you. 

You don't need to make it a certainty that a user will get a bonus player on every pull of a mystery box. But the idea of 0-20, which is a common occurrence if y'all pay attention here, should never, ever happen. That's when people start sending complaints to the App Store asking for refunds. That's when they vow to never again spend real money on the game. I will guarantee you the person who bought our Club Specialty Package will not do it again, even if it's a good idea in concept. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    A member of my club also purchased a club specialty package.  I, of course, pulled regular xp.  However, a member of my club did pull Carpenter from the box, so I suppose it was at least possible to pull a player.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    I’m just curious if trout gets wknd bonus as well or is he only cvc bonus?   
  • ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    @LonzoBallin and any other VIP's.
    BTW man, congrats on VIP finally!  
    In the VIP subscription section, for the $99.99 deal, I understand the 2K daily gold for a week.  I understand the 1 time reward for 20K legend xp.  The part that throws me off is written underneath those two boxes.  It says, "Unlocks a high value daily reward box".  Anybody know if this is a daily reward above and beyond the 2K gold box???  
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’ve been saying it all along that they should let everyone get at least 1 specialty type bonus player for every weekend event.  Even if it’s only a rental for the weekend.  I see dudes open up 4 or 5 boxes and give up bc that’s $30 for notta!  I don’t blame them.  The odds are just terrible and players deserve better.  
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    @ameeshcubbie I am not an authority on this, as I don't have any first hand experience on anyone purchasing the subscription, but my understanding is that the "High Value Daily Reward Box" IS the 2k daily gold.  This is consistent with the name of the box as well as tradition GLU pricing.  In this case, I believe what you see is what you get.
    Proud TSB VIP!
    @LonzoBallin
    gotcha man, thanks!  
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Ok guys. I had to try the trout subscription for cvc. I suck at cvc since I went diamond as my team is mostly still platinum!!   So I will see first hand if this is a MUST OR BUST!!    
       But of the start I’ll tell y’all he is prime and 35 k prime xp only got him to gold 1.  So you need a lot of xp to make him good!!!    And he does not get any bonus for weekend event!!!   So he sits on the bench and waits for cvc only!!!   
         Not sure I agree with this,  you can get a stats trout with same 430 max and he takes regular xp,   And gets bonus for both cvc and wknd event.  ?    Subscription trout deserves same treatment?    At least I think so!!!
    @newfy I have more than 1 account and got the cvc subscription as well, for the worst performing team.... I was curious to see what difference it might make and to get the player for my weakest team. I get what you're saying about the Regular vs Prime xp but would add that at least you got a good player for a one time purchase that was a guaranteed outcome versus a "chance" at Stats Leader Trout. The two versions have different skills and so you decide which things are more important to you.
  • soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    Does the 10% more gold from purchases apply to the 30% off mountain or 10k gold and 125 evo pop-ups? Just curious
    @soxfan I don't see why it shouldn't as they don't mention anything about "full price" purchases. It's for gold only though so it wouldn't give you extra evo.

• soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    That's what I thought at first, just not sure if accepting an offer is considered the same as purchasing gold
    It should as you are still making a purchase and if they don't live up to their end then it's a good case for a refund request through Apple or Google. I don't think they would make you pay so much for the subscription and still stiff you on a mountain purchase. But the decision should be yours of course. 

@soxfan

works either way 👍
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Guys in my club were buying rounds.  Lots of members got players including DeGrom, primes and bonus primes. There is no conspiracy.  Honestly, if the percentages were accurate then no one would hardly ever get a decent player.