VIP Legend Eric Davis

Dsizzle31Dsizzle31 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
I could be wrong, but he seems like one of the best values in the game.  He is included with the $49,99 weekly subscription.  He is a max 500, so just barely worse than the All Time Greats, and has two skills: Vs LH pitching and Walk Off Hero

You could conceivably cancel your subscription after just one week so total out of pocket would be $49.99.  Not bad for a guaranteed player of that caliber.  Am I missing something here?

Comments

• TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Nah you aren't. That legend is looking very nice. The main hooker, in my opinion, is that he is only available to VIP on top of the $49.99. This could conceivably convince some players to spend a little extra (and maybe even make the huge jump from 0-100ish all the way to VIP) due to the fact that Davis is so close to a guaranteed ATG. The only things I see wrong with Davis is that he is a righty (not that big of a deal), has WOH as one of his skills (one of the worse ones, better than blowout though), and has a terrible hit for his rating (his statistical distribution is similar to Reggie Jackson and Bagpipes if I'm not mistaken). Other than that, the deal seems stellar.
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    I took the bait and bought the subscription to get Davis. Here are his ratings at Silver 10. Wish his speed was lower and he had more hit/power, but I am not complaining. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Tenwethe Woh skill is the 2nd best skill in the game. 😁
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    500 max is great. I am set on OF or I'd been tempted myself.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Does anyone know what happens when you cancel the subscription ?   Does the player disappear?   If not then what do you get for keeping the subscription?    
    I already cancelled. Davis stayed in my team. The subscription gives you a discount on mystery boxes and 10% more gold when you purchase gold.
    Here are the mystery box prices with the discount from the subscription.

• bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I’ve dropped over 1k in total. VIP isn’t in my future. I’ve accepted it. Missing out on opportunities like these newer ones does sting a little. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
    @DFBB I am assuming late innings is the best?
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    @bravesfanla I too thought VIP was not in my future after I surpassed $818 and no VIP.  Mine kicked in at around $1,100, so you may be insanely close!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Tenwethe For myself and many others, the game centers around WoH. If you prefer other events, then your  opinion will obviously differ. I consider late innings to be the best skill because it's WoH + a few innings in all other modes. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I like all skills that save my a$$ ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
    @DFBB I too feel like the game is centered around WOH. I just want to get over the hump once before '19 :smile:
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    Dsizzle31 said:
    I could be wrong, but he seems like one of the best values in the game.  He is included with the $49,99 weekly subscription.  He is a max 500, so just barely worse than the All Time Greats, and has two skills: Vs LH pitching and Walk Off Hero

You could conceivably cancel your subscription after just one week so total out of pocket would be $49.99.  Not bad for a guaranteed player of that caliber.  Am I missing something here?

• FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
    I bought Eric Davis too just because of the skills that are designed to help you win WOH. Well, I went two complete cycles through Level 5 and it took me 14,000 in gold to get through twice. It was a lot easier for me with Legend Ernie Banks 
    @Firehombre
    His stat style sure isn't fit for WOH. A good stat set is high hit, high power, low speed but Davis is the opposite. It is an Achilles heel of sorts.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    So does the CvC subscription work the same way? I could start the subscription today, then cancel it like next Monday and I'd still be able to keep Trout?
    @JEDDDOGGY correct. You keep Trout no matter what.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Houmy nice, thanks. That might be worth the $9.99 just for the player. I need another guy or two in that 5-7 range for WOH before I get to my big guns.
    @JEDDDOGGY if you have the XP then yes it is a great deal.