Am I the only person who has spent 500+ bucks and no legend?

bigjohn089bigjohn089 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
just kind of deflating. Love the game. Play all the time. In a top notch club with lots of VIPs too. 

Comments

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Prolly 200 with no legend. Stinks watching a bunch of low teams pull them from gifts. I don't really even need prime players anymore.
  • bigjohn089bigjohn089 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Yeah. I still have reg 5* at some starting positions
  • razorback24razorback24 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    I was 900+ with no legend until they gave the mantle boxes away as gift and finally got lucky.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    My team is 102k power...and I’m still rocking 4.5 star Buster Posey at catcher. Part of the fun is building your team up, and it gets frustrating at times when you stall out. Hopefully your luck changes soon. 

One lesson I learned is not to chase a legend. I chased Ted Williams and lost 25k gold trying. Got almost nothing in return. Would have much preferred to stash that gold and use it for walkoff and slugfest, which have increased odds of acquiring a legend. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited October 2018
    81K Club 9 Primes 8 other players (potw, nickname, throwback, potm & Skills) not a single legend, I have even spent my fair share on gold etc. nothing...I give. I have a ton of guys stuck needing EVO (at 300 gold) the limit is reached - somebody get me a Godd$%ed Drink.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    I'm only in 200 or so. No legend. 
  • forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    the first legend I got was knoblauch from the woh box a few events ago. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Timing, patience and preparation is the key. In my case, I hadn't been able to find a prime/skilled C and it was my achilles heel as far as my lineup was concerned. I had a lump of Legend XP waiting in the wings. Bought the 10k in gold ($99) and didn't spend it, rather, I played videos for more free gold (daily). Then the next weekend, they had a sale... 15k in gold for $75 or something like that. Again - I saved and waited.

The very next week... which legend became available? Johnny Bench. It was the player, position I was waiting for so I ended up pulling the trigger. 

Long story short - it takes patience. And if you're planning on getting the legend you want from a box... lots and lots of luck.