Options

Do players stats matter?

tribeWS18tribeWS18 Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
Just curious peoples thoughts, do you think players past stats/performance is a factor and future performance or is it only the players ratings that matter? For example, I have Legend Eric Gagne only at silver 1 b/c I didnt want to spend the legend xp on him.  His ERA is 5.75.  If I up to to silver 10 do you think going forward he will have an ERA around 1.0-1.5 or better like my maxed prime relievers?

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Playing ratings and opponent is all that matters for future performance.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @tribeWS18 just because he's a legend doesn't mean you can keep him at silver 1 and expect good results. As @DFBB mentioned  rating is what matters.

Having said that I had a 5* Kris Bryant last year, before primes were released, that was doing so bad I ended up getting rid of him and used a 4* with much better results so there are flukes here and there.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Capped players tend to significantly outperform non-capped players in my experience, regardless of the type of player. 

As an example, I pulled Legend Yount from a Walk Off event recently. At first, I didn't have the XP to fully upgrade him. Once his rating was higher than my best DH, I put him in my lineup. 

He was terrible. His batting average looked like a Detroit Tigers bottom of the lineup guy. Something like .204. 

Once I got the Legend XP to cap him, I did. Despite playing fewer games since being capped than before, his average is now over .350. That means he's probably hitting .450 since being capped. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Some players just suck.  The best I have come to a reasonable evaluative determiner is for hitters I look at their hit rating - higher the better they will be.   I also look for hitters that aren't too fast;  overall rating based more on hit rating and power is better than off of speed.  For pitchers, I look how nasty they are - higher the stuff rating the better.  Then I value power and control last.  All that being said, I have had batters with near identical ratings across all three of the main categories and their batting averages were dramatically different.  

A crapshoot like so many other facets of this game.