Options

Legend derby with Carp has to be a placeholder, right???

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Surely, it will be lxp when the game start, right??

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Was about to post the same thing. They need to change it. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It was same last week, except with Arenado. But it is weird they’re doing Carp again. Maybe it’ll be Holt or something. 
  • Options
    @Metsicans Arenado was a new player. In the past, they've used older players as placeholder so I feel good about tomorrow! 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dfbb I didn't bother going past 5 last week as I had more fun with WOH. How much harder was 6 than previous weeks? Did they lower the difficulty to make 7 the same difficulty that 6 used to be?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Yeah, walkoff is the way to go. 7 levels takes forever and, at least last week, I found level 6 pretty tough (last guy never seemed to miss).
  • Options
    @Houmy It was strange. Silver derby through level 6 was the same. Level 7, oddly, was much easier than level 6. It was basically a little more difficult than level 5. On the other hand, level 7 was practically impossible in gold. Many gold derby guys were very upset and honestly, I don't blame them one bit. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out. 
  • Options
    Well if 6 does change to LXP tomorrow I'll give it a try and will report back. Haven't multicycled since Royale started as multicycling WOH still gets me the PXP. Even though it's less the WOH players are worth it and I only need about 200-250K more prime XP for a few players down the road.

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I'm hoping they tweak a couple of the rewards ahead of tomorrow. 

Anyone who can beat Level 6 probably already has Matt Carpenter on their Slugger Roster. He's probably already capped, too. So, that would mean the Reward for Level 6 would be 177 PXP, essentially. 

Also, I hope they switch out Voit in Walk Off, considering his boost has expired. And, again, most of the GLUiverse already has him from last week's Wild Card Bonanza. 

Maybe they wanted to wait on the results of tonight's game before filling this spot. They've been pretty good recently at making certain the only players we get as rewards are those whose teams are about to be eliminated. I see no reason to change that now. 

Maybe they'll Carpenter with 1 EVO coin and 777 Legend XP. And, they'll replace Voit with a SS or SP from the PotM box. 
  • Options
    I still show Carpenter as the level 6 reward... Guess they aren't replacing him. And no benefit to having him already with bonus either... Nice one Glu!
  • Options
    I'm so disappointed. Like, extremely. Also, bonuses for Green isn't even active.

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Having Carp as reward is about as lazy as it gets! Thanks Glu for nothing-as usual...
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Dissappointing to say the least.  Made it easier to stick with mostly WOH yesterday.   After I nabbed Green, luckily I got some LXP from the premium boxes to cap him.
  • Options
    @Mattattack Royale is suppose to make us choose which events to focus on. If it stays like this, I'm no longer cycling my legend sluggers. Just one and done. What a shame it's become. :(
  • Options
    I am curious to see if next week they do the same thing and have a repeat Prime Slugger in level 6. Maybe instead of offering Prime Slugger picks, this is Glu's way of giving guys a shot at improving their slugger roster? If so they are failing miserably! Teams that couldn't achieve the level 6 prime slugger before, sure as spit can't do it now. It is only hurting those that can beat level 6 because we get nothing for beating the level. They need to change it to Legend XP. I spent all my LXP on the two legend sluggers from the past two weeks. If they don't change it to LXP next week, there is no chance I level up the Legend Slugger. I am sure I am not alone either. 
    They added Prime XP when Prime Sluggers came out. They need to do it with the Legends. 
  • Options
    It may also have to do with any hacks that let you cycle with one hit and they don't want to reward the cheaters with LXP? Just an idea.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I don't know of one for Derby like that, but there's a WoH hack that gives you the 5.10 prize for beating anyone, including 1.1 guy. A guy on FB showed a s/s of about 76 of his Royale boxes. Smh!!!

Edit: I'm putting this out there so that maybe Glu will do something about it.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    @DFBB
    For all their unfounded jailings on double gifts, how do they not notice something like that!?
  • Options
    @DFBB the derby one pretty much came out the 3rd or 4th week of the app release.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Mattattack Royale is suppose to make us choose which events to focus on. If it stays like this, I'm no longer cycling my legend sluggers. Just one and done. What a shame it's become. :(

Agree, the main reason I'm still in silver besides resources is being able to cycle derby.  If theres no extra LXP at this point, its more value to try and get the 5K from cycling WOH.  Plus better prizes.  Almost a no brainer