The Future of Fan Rewards

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Given how the game is now heavily skewed towards WoH, there appears to be little value in saving up for fan rewards. The legends offered in WoH are much better than the legends offered in fan rewards. It's unfortunate. All year, I've always looked forward to the unveiling of fan rewards every Friday. Myself and the guys in the club would always make guesses and even though we were disappointed more often than not, it was always fun to speculate. When the hype met reality(Bench), we'd go bananas! Now, it appears that it will be nothing more than a footnote. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @DFBB pretty much the same thing that happened in 17 once WOH was first introduced and eventually started giving out guaranteed legends. That's when they started giving out signature legends in fan rewards so keep some gold for that.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @DFBB pretty much the same thing that happened in 17 once WOH was first introduced and eventually started giving out guaranteed legends. That's when they started giving out signature legends in fan rewards so keep some gold for that.

Interesting. I'll have to save. Thanks buddy!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Given how the game is now heavily skewed towards WoH, there appears to be little value in saving up for fan rewards. The legends offered in WoH are much better than the legends offered in fan rewards. It's unfortunate. All year, I've always looked forward to the unveiling of fan rewards every Friday. Myself and the guys in the club would always make guesses and even though we were disappointed more often than not, it was always fun to speculate. When the hype met reality(Bench), we'd go bananas! Now, it appears that it will be nothing more than a footnote. 

If I remember correctly from last year not only will signature legends come out but I think the amount of gold spent needed drops.   I cant remember when maybe November/December, it was 10K gold for the prime only and between 20-25K gold for a signature legend.  Hang tough and keep saving that gold unless you need it!
    @Mattattack you are right about the amount. I believe I paid 20K for my signature Ryan back then around X-Mas and that was perfect for me. With double videos, that played without problems back then, during the holidays I made around 25K gold in one week and spent it all during the Ryan weekend on Prime & Legend XP only so it was a double win for me. Triple win if you consider the fact that the gold was free from double videos B)

@DFBB come to think of it you may want to do what I did last year with all the gold. Keep saving for a fan reward legend, hopefully a signature, that you really want and then use the gold necessary to get him on LXP boxes only as with your roster that would pretty much be the only thing you would need anyway. Especially if you plan to move up to the gold tier.

@Houmy I was going to do that this weekend if it's a good reward. Once upon a time, I swore off those boxes as a rip. Look at me now. :)
    @DFBB I was against them too with purchased gold but had to get a few yesterday to bring Edmonds to gold 2. Couldn't stand seeing him in silver in my player profile. Which of the 7 sins is vanity again? :worried: 

@Houmy I can't wait to put Earnie in my snapshot. He's currently s9. As soon as he hits s10.....book it! lol
  • forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    the double gold reward on videos was clutch. miss that
    @DFBB I was so proud of my 17 snapshot and 18 is slowly getting there. 

Those crooked numbers make me cringe...lol Nice team though!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Man so it is 30K gold for Whitey Ford and he gets probably the most points per game.  Pretty unfortunate that if you want to compete this weekend you probably need to spend 30K gold.  I'm not much of a weekend player anymore anyway but still pretty lame