What's left to be VIP?

FFUDJJDJDFFUDJJDJD Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
Does anyone know the magic number (I hear it's 818)? I have spent $819 since July on multiple items in the game. When you do hit the magic number, how long does it take to get the invite? Is there something I am missin? Glu won't give any answers. Thanks if anyone can answer

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    I spent around $1,100 before I got VIP.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Over 1k and no invite yet
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • FFUDJJDJDFFUDJJDJD Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Makes me want to delete the app and cut my losses
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Have you tried spinning around 3 times clockwise before a purchase?
  • jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    It's not a set amount. It factors into an algorithm that looks at performance, sportsmanship, social media, forums, and spending.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @jabber83 I can tell you for a fact that Social Media & forums has nothing to do with it. I found the forums last year after I had become VIP so while the other factors may hold true those two do not seem to. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    That's cool. I'd trust it more from VIP than from CS lol
    @jabber83 I wasn't trying to argue with your comment as it was a valid comment based on what CS has probably told you and many others and sharing what information you have is always appreciated and encouraged so thank you for posting.

Just trying to point out that not everyone uses their TSB user name on the forum and most are connected in the app through email and those emails may be different from the forums registered email so there is really no way for GLU to know who they are no matter how active they are. $$$ seems to be the deciding factor although some that have gone over the mysterious $800ish amount and are very active in the game still do not have the VIP badge.

GLU should just list the qualifications as it is not really fair to those that have spent large amounts on this game and still have to wonder about how/when they can become VIP. After all those are the kind of customers GLU is looking for and they need to have all information available to them, especially if they are spending $800+ on a "game".

Just my 2¢

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @Houmy then the mystical mystery that is VIP wouldn't be so mystical anymore... We can't have that happen now can we??? 

In all seriousness, I think your 2 cents is worth all the gold in TSB18! By Glu valuation, that is Billions of Dollars worth!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
    @nym5fan thank you buddy. I just want GLU to start treating their paying customers with a little more consideration. 

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    That's why you have my vote for President 2020 @Houmy!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • FFUDJJDJDFFUDJJDJD Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    818 is magic number. Subscriptions don't count in that total
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    FFUDJJDJD said:
    818 is magic number. Subscriptions don't count in that total

818 makes sense. That's the area code in San Fernando Valley.
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I don't understand the fascination with VIP.  I mean, I'm actually kind of proud that I have a 115K team strength and am NOT a VIP.

Also, my wife is probably very happy I'm not a VIP, as it means more money for her to redo our kitchen :) 

@Metsicans it does come with benefits in the gifts that only VIP members get. Below are two samples with the top one being for the VIP members that got grandfathered from 17 and received those gifts at the launch of 18 so it definitely gave them an edge and the below one is a sample of some of the last gifts from the 17 version. 

So while it isn't really something for me to brag about in the app or the forums, I even have my badge turned off, the gifts are still great and help my team in some regards. There are also some specialty boxes available for purchase to VIPs only.

• YEARONYEARON Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I received my VIP after spending around the $818, and wasn’t active on forums at all.  I did play a lot though.   It wasn’t immediate and took about a month though so be patient.