Let them eat cake

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
The world series is almost here so we have gone through one full baseball season and halfway through the current version of this app. I know of many TSB veterans that have enjoyed this game in the past and stayed loyal to GLU even with all the bugs and new unfavorable setups of the game and draft picks. Most of them however are not really enjoying the game any longer, or rather as much as they should considering what they have spent on it over the years, due to one major factor and that is GLU's decision to make all draft picks bronze this year.

There are many users this year that have Prime & even Legend players on their inactive rosters simply because they do not have the XP or EVO to bring them to their tier and are thus missing out on most of the fun. I don't know of any of us that don't anticipate the release of the first prime & legend player from the moment the app is released. We all get excited and try hard to get those prime & legend players only to be disappointed down the road when we can't use those players as they don't have the resources. And some that have to stay in lower tiers simply because they can't evolve their players to higher tiers and will never be able to reach the full potential and strength of their players.

This game would still be profitable for GLU even if the picks were at our current level as it is in our nature wanting to compete and outdo each other so we would keep spending trying to improve our teams and players. If we were not competitive then most of us would not be playing a competitive sports game. GLU really needs to rethink this whole bronze strategy and try to keep their core audience and loyal customers happy.

GLU also needs to figure out a way for players to have a better, more reasonable, way to get the resources necessary to evolve their players for this version and they need to do it sooner rather than later so their loyal customers can start enjoying this game to the fullest before it's unofficial end of life.

You will get their money either way GLU so please do us all a favor by doing the responsible, and maybe noble, thing and LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @houmy for President 2020!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited October 2018
    If the bonus players started at my tier I would be much more interested. I haven’t bought a weekend box in a while, close to a month, because at diamond I never have the XP to make it worthwhile. 

Edit:  
    it’s one think to have inactive primes/legends because you have better players. It’s completly different to have them inactive because you can’t use them
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @nym5fan thank you for the vote of confidence buddy. I'm ordering hats. How many should I put you down for? #mtsbga #ltec
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Ya I am never leaving silver. None of the bonus players improve my team. Need to cycle.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’ll get em up there eventually but dang is he pretty lol 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have zero problems with guys all starting at B1. Of course, I'd prefer that they start at our team levels. However, as long as everyone has to deal with the same issues, I'm okay with that. I'm even more than okay with perks being given out to VIP players. They certainly deserve it. They're the ones that put the most money into GLU's pockets. I'm NOT okay with the hackers. They pollute the game and for a lack of a better word, screw up the balance of the game. They inflate numbers and dilute the the player pool. Fact is, TSB is played on a curve. We're always directly in competition with one another. When cheaters are competing with legit players, it can be frustrating. I'll say it again: Jailing isn't the solution; it's merely a step in the right direction. GLU needs to do more than simply take a hard stance against cheaters. They need to fix the loopholes. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    To me it’s like the game the razor companies play- sell the handle cheap to make a profit selling the blades for high prices. Except that Glu makes it expensive to get both the players and get them leveled up. One or the other needs to reasonable to accomplish with dedicated gameplay. From a customer  standpoint I consider the leveling players and removing the possibility of collecting all players in versions ‘15 on to be the things that really degraded the experience of playing this game.
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2 Registered Users 28 Posts
    @Houmy amen brother. We need to be able to get legend XP easier. It is an ABSOLUTE JOKE glu put matt carpenter as the tower 6 prize on slugfest last week. 

A - I already have him (fully maxed at my level), so I got NOTHING for finishing tower 6.
    B - There needs to be legend XP there instead. And lots of it! Minimum 15k for finishing tower 6. 

ABSOLUTE JOKE GLU
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @Houmy amen brother. We need to be able to get legend XP easier. It is an ABSOLUTE JOKE glu put matt carpenter as the tower 6 prize on slugfest last week. 

A - I already have him (fully maxed at my level), so I got NOTHING for finishing tower 6.
    B - There needs to be legend XP there instead. And lots of it! Minimum 15k for finishing tower 6. 

ABSOLUTE JOKE GLU
    Carpenter at level 6 was absolutely ridiculous. Last year, they put 10k lxp at level six and that would be such a welcome sight. I still don't understand what they're doing. They've already killed derby by no longer having it as an event and shifting the game completely to WoH(twice a week, same day as derby, and amazing rewards). Even if they add lxp to derby now, most people will still focus on WoH because of the rewards. The decision makers at GLU baffle me and these are the type of decisions that continue to alienate their fan base even.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I think they abandoned derby due to complaints. A lot of people don’t like it. I will be surprised if they add lxp to it. I wish they would. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    For me derby is cooked. I have 4 prime sluggers, but one is not leveled due to lack of prime xp. I have no chance of winning Level 7 by 7.5 (outmatched by 100).  My bad for starting to crack the tower only recently I guess. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    I think they abandoned derby due to complaints. A lot of people don’t like it. I will be surprised if they add lxp to it. I wish they would. 
    I think a lot of the big spenders who are in platinum/diamond completely ignored it.  Therefore GLu made a change because it was likely their least profitable day before.  
  • ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ2 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Thats exactly why they are abandoning derby... because so many people neglected it and it is impossible to catch up now. What they need to do is have prime slugger draft picks so people can catch up. Especially now that legends are out. Glu are just a bunch of idiots though. They need to fix this legend xp issue and now.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Thats exactly why they are abandoning derby... because so many people neglected it and it is impossible to catch up now. What they need to do is have prime slugger draft picks so people can catch up. Especially now that legends are out. Glu are just a bunch of idiots though. They need to fix this legend xp issue and now.
    Even if they had prime slugger picks, people still wouldn’t catch up. At gold it is hard enough to level up both your main team and a derby team to continue to compete with both. Above platinum you just have to focus on the main team. People platinum and diamond won’t go into sluggers at bronze 1 because they won’t have the resources to maintain their team and the sluggers as well on a weekly basis. 

This is the issue. Too hard to level up players means you focus on just the right ones. Sluggers are left behind. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    This is also a good point... pxp/lxp is hard to come by... we keep getting incrementally higher max players but the ability to level them gets continously more difficult... I'm one of those who would love a prime slugger or two but reality is it would take a long while to make them effective
    It's all done with mirrors
  • John0210John0210 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I spend 4,500 gold on prime xp and got 1,000 everytime except 1 and got 2k that time. So I spend 4,500 gold and got to level my prime player from gold 5 to gold 6 smh. Insane

• midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @Houmy couldn't have said it better. currently have sig correa, sig judge, sig puig, sig kluber, legend edmonds, and about 5 prime pitchers/relievers all on my bench due to lack of resources to level them. ugh. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

The thing that Glu seems to underestimate is that buying the prime and legend xp boxes is the last thing gamers want to do.  Gold is valuable.  We want it to play events and acquire new players.  Using it to buy extremely modest amounts of pxp or lxp (less than you can get from Monday/Wednesday events, CVC and season mode) is just not tenable, or fun.  Which is the point of gaming, right?  It's gotta be fun or we'll stop doing it.