Options

Walk off

2Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I use Clark on 5.9 and Mantle on 5.10.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @midnightmarauder today for the last 4 I use Bernie Williams, Ernie Banks, Jason Giambi & Merrifield in that order.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    @Sandpipers congrats buddy. Jobu never fails although he's 0-3 for me today. Got them all expect Reggie yet but I have a few more cycles in me so we'll see.

• Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Mantle and Altuve for my cycles...
  • Options
    Too bad I got Sale 2x...makes me not want to go past 4.10
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    @fahhq2
    You beat Kershaw with Altuve?!
  • Options
    All singles!
  • Options
    Had trouble with Kimbral previously, so used the Mick on him. Only viable option against Kershaw was Altuve. Got lucky with only the 12-6 curve. All hits were bloopers over second with the last one falling right in front of a hesitant RF 😀
  • Options
    Key to beating WoH is pitch sequence-not so much hitter. I’ve found boost only useful on Sluggo-and that only to the gaps and center in order to clear the wall. Whenever you hit a HR to left or right field, does it go 500 +20% further??? I’ve never hit HRs farther than +-530. I don’t care what the boost says it does-it can’t help you hit a curve or slider either. I believe the boost just eats away at gold...
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The videos not working has cost me untold hours today. It killed me at 5.9, 5.10 and just now 4.10 on my third cycle. Play video and it loads forever.  Thanks Glu!
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I can never make it through. I just never get fastballs when I need them. It’s gotten to the point to where I don’t even bother trying to swing at breaking balls cuz I’ll never make contact. 
  • Options
    @Sandpipers I regret telling you about Jobu. I kinda think you used up all his luck. 8 cycles and no Reggie. Now I really need LA to go all the way so that Puig can replace Reggie at 485 max. Or maybe if Wednesday Royale has Ted and I can get lucky then.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Houmy you're really going to the dark side after the divisional series result hehe... and anyway I only used the 2 piece meal deal for Jobu so he should have had plenty of juju for you too! Remember I was using a Reggie photo and forum signature plus some Gregorian Reggie chants while I played to help things along.... Jobu was probably thinking hey, he got Bernie, Jim, Puig, Muncy and a few others, Ill just take the afternoon off and enjoy the Family Bucket Houmy got me ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I couldn't get past 5.10 yesterday. You know what I've noticed about the videos is I have android and a iPad. The video on android I've never had a issue. But for some reason the video on the iPad works fine Monday though Thursday even in c vs c. But for some reason Friday to Sunday the video restarts or anything ever work including c vs c. You'd think they could figure it out. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For the last 4 yesterday I used Turner, Altuve, Gennett, and Merrifield, was 3-16 vs Kershaw.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    My last 3 hitters are stats leader Merrifield, POTM Yelich and Willie Mays. Still have only beat WOH once (a couple weeks ago).

I think the 2 guys before them are the problem, though. Ellsbury and Pedroia both primes and maxed/leveled but that's where I typically stall. If I get through those 2 guys the last 3 are a breeze. Need to look at replacing them.
  • Options
    mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I got through it twice but got Sale twice.  I needed more pitching so I'm not complaining but I still haven't got a legend so I was hoping for Reggie.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I ended up cycling three times, spent about 1200 gold.  Got Story twice and Muncy, plus Yelich of course.  A good day.  Still have never pulled a legend from WOH but I do have 4 signature primes who are or were in the playoffs (Puig, Muncy, Judge and Kluber). 
  • Options
    @Houmy you're really going to the dark side after the divisional series result hehe... and anyway I only used the 2 piece meal deal for Jobu so he should have had plenty of juju for you too! Remember I was using a Reggie photo and forum signature plus some Gregorian Reggie chants while I played to help things along.... Jobu was probably thinking hey, he got Bernie, Jim, Puig, Muncy and a few others, Ill just take the afternoon off and enjoy the Family Bucket Houmy got me ;)
    Thanks for saving some of the juju for me @Sandpipers. We'll see if Jobu redeems himself Wednesday :|

• Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @Houmy you used the 430 stat leader Merrifield against Kershaw and cycled 8 times?!? I was 0-4 with him (maxed, boost at +7). 0-8 with Knoblauch. 0-2 with Davis. 1-4 with Sig Segura. Not a great performance. wasted about 1200 gold as well and got Yelich (won't make the team) and Sale (already have an ace, not paying the evo and PXP to level him). Hopefully this wednesday with the premium XP box is easier. I'm about 1 million PXP in the hole to level all the primes on my bench  :D
  • Options
    @midnightmarauder 6 of the 8 times were with Merrifield. The other two were 435 LCS Altuve and Ernie Banks and all 3 are capped with special skills in the 8-10 range. Have to say I wish I'd used Ernie & Altuve sooner as they were much easier especially with Ernie's power rating being the highest at 309 before a boost.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Finally I pulled both the legend and signature player.  Reggie and Muncy should slide in nicely on Wednesdays if they keep it to where its all Righties at the end.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I got through it twice but got Sale twice.  I needed more pitching so I'm not complaining but I still haven't got a legend so I was hoping for Reggie.

Keep at it man.  Had never pulled the WOH legend till yesterday and I usually cycle at least 5+ times Monday and Wednesday.  The good news is you are saving your luck for the better legends!
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Last night I cycled twice and got Yelich and Cain. For whatever stupid reason it took me forever both times to finish level 4. Then level 5 was pretty easy. I have no explanation. 
    Yelich is a total waste at this point, not worth leveling up. Cain at max 460 was a good prize, even better IF brewers defeat the Dodgers, and still good if they don't. He doesn't have a great skill but still.