Options

Tapjoy

brycem15brycem15 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
Is there any way to take these guys to small claims court or take any type of legal action for withholding gold when offers are completed?  I completed one of the final fantasy offers for about 24,000 gold a few months ago.  Sent in various screenshots with proof of download (backed up by the advertiser), proof of purchase in the game, and the communication from the advertiser.  They said that I never downloaded the app and never reply to any type of correspondence.  Just out of curiosity, is there any type of action to take here?  

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    It has been suggested to try your luck going thru Glu CS to complain about the issue with Tapjoy. They have apparently helped some people.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Honestly I had a string of pretty good luck with them until about a month ago.  I currently have a 6K gold offer that I have battled with almost daily and gotten no luck.  I wish you luck and I'm hoping for the same.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @brycem15 while I feel your frustration about not getting your gold and having experienced that myself before but I have to ask. Small claims court? Really? Would the time and money that takes even be worth the $20-$50 you spent on FF?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    I honestly was just asking out of curiosity @Houmy I highly doubt that I would go through all of that but it at least crossed my mind.  It’s not the fact that I spent money on the game, it’s the fact that they are not awarding me what amounts to be over $200 worth of gold.  Not to mention many other offers that have been denied without just cause.  The whole point in games offering gold is to get you to download their own product and spend on it.  I have proof of those things and tapjoy is withholding their end of the deal. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I hear you @brycem15 and totally understand your frustration. I am just saying it's not worth aggravating yourself more than you are. Best you can hope for is GLU coming through if you open a case with them as after all TapJoy is their contractor/partner and GLU should assume some of the responsibility for TapJoy when there are valid issues. Best of luck either way buddy. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Yea I have tried going through glu several times and they say the same thing.  I wish they would stand behind their partnership with tapjoy and take up some of the responsibility or at least push them to make it right.  I usually just get the old we contacted them and they determined you were ineligible.  Please contact them with further questions.   Which is impossible to do because they don’t respond to anything.  
  • Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    You're right, man.  TapJoy are very confident that this little bit of gold you want will not be worth the effort required to pry it from them legally. It is a skim, plain and simple.  It happens and has happened to me and others often enough for this to be said.  The facts there is no customer service from TapJoy, and the customer service from the offeror never seem to know about TapJoy are important parts of the hazardous environment.  

TapJoy is a flourishing company that performs important market research and sells their service to gaming companies, like Glu.  One look at the infrastructure of TapJoy and it's clear the relationship to the gaming company is most important. And getting them to accommodate you will be one game after another.