Options

Cvc Jumpers

sfgiants101sfgiants101 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
seems every other week or so the club I am in let’s someone in on Thursday just to get screwed over. I am just going to start posting the team names here every time it happens. This week it was Ceebee99. Changed name to bumblebee99 afterwards.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Why not take more accountability and do a better job of 'screening' those who you allow in your club?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Because I am not the leader of the club. Plus I find this to be more fun. 
  • Options
    This will assist others in “screening”. I will ask the club leader to do full background checks on everyone that wants to join. 
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Our club had this problem a few weeks back. 

We considered a very simple club policy. New teams aren't allowed to win MVP or High Round scores during CvC until they have successfully completed a full event with the club first. If they are in position to win either the MVP or High Round scores in a matchup before then, we'll kick them out of the club before they can collect their rewards, which will make them also ineligible to collect any event rewards for the current event from any other club. 

That means, if a new team wants to go after the top individual prizes in Thursdays CvC, they need to have joined the club prior to the Wednesday Event Royale. If they want to go after the top individual prizes in a weekend CvC, they need to have joined the club prior to the Thursday Bonus Game event and not gone after the top individual prizes in the Thursday CvC. 

It might sound a little harsh. But, since GLU has done absolutely nothing to address this issue in any meaningful way, it's really on the clubs to come up with their own methods of addressing it. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I'm honestly don't understand this complaint.  If your team is not strong enough to win MVP or high round, who cares if someone else does?  By winning MVP, that person carried your club to a win, and earned you rewards.  What's the problem?

Not to mention, just locking your club solves the issue entirely.  Or even just filling your club up with members so the jumper can't get in. 

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    IMO the only people sour are the ones that are capable of scoring high enough to win MVP or High Round. The majority of the club that gets the reward for winning a match probably doesn't care, and would prefer the guys come in and put up big numbers to improve ranks so they too can get a better reward. I am one that likes to think about what is best for the most people in the club, and to me that would be how can we score the most points and get the most match wins. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!