Player skills

VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
Do player skills in woh activate and deactivate based on the situation or is it set based on your first ab? For instance blowout skill shows active when down 4 runs does it stay active when you score. Or risp you start with it deactivated does it activate later with risp. 

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I've always assumed that it adjusts to the situation. For example, blowouts would turn off once you cut the deficit to 3 or lower. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @DFBB, I've always assumed the same thing, but who knows.  Some skills activate in the middle of an at-bat too (like RISP); I wonder if the game adjusts or not.  If it does, there's no way to know....
    @Metsicans Yeah, I would hope that the game adjusts for the situation. I've always assumed it does, but I'm starting to have my doubts. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I honestly don't know.  The skills increase your batters overall but not sure what role that plays at the end of the day.  I had the extra 15% live boost yesterday and it felt like I got less pitches to hit then when it wasn't active.  At the end of the day I think its just RNG based unfortunately. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Come to think of it the skills should turn on/off mid inning based on the situation as they do for pitchers so it would only make sense to do so for batters. There are pitchers whose skills kick in when there are 2 outs and that can only happen mid inning. It would still be helpful if GLU confirms this for us. Maybe @blueleopard can shed some light on this?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Come to think of it the skills should turn on/off mid inning based on the situation as they do for pitchers so it would only make sense to do so for batters. There are pitchers whose skills kick in when there are 2 outs and that can only happen mid inning. It would still be helpful if GLU confirms this for us. Maybe @blueleopard can shed some light on this?
    @Houmy -
    @blueleopard looks like it was possibly an old account used by the same guy. I think we want this one: @[TSB] blueleopard
  • miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I'd love to believe an actual GLU Dev participates in their user forum so they can more quickly address issues from users who care enough about the game to create an out-of-game login in a completely different environment. To be honest, I think Blue Leopard is bs'ing about being an actual GLU Dev. 

My reasoning for this is because these forums are full of well-reasoned and thoughtful feedback on Tap 18 gameplay. If you look hard enough, you'll see definitive evidence of noticeable issues with the game. You'll also find ample descriptions of how many users have learned how to cheat the game. You'll even find issues that potentially create legal liability for GLU as long as they remain unaddressed. 

Despite this treasure trove of information, almost never do we see any concern. Far less often do we see any action. 

The top clubs are still obviously and blatantly cheating without any repercussions. More and more loyal users are cutting back more and more from their usage. The Dev Team is taking their worst ideas and making them core features of the game. 

As much as I would love to think they keep an ear to the ground, I honestly think it's a waste of time. 
  • bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Want to know how much negative feedback Glu has received for this particular product? So much that, it's not a certainty that TSB will be back next year.
    Tap tap tap tap it in
    I also have my doubts about blueleopard being a Glu employee.
    Tap tap tap tap it in

Tap tap tap tap it in
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @bravesfanla @blueleopard is with GLU as he/she was mentioned in a VIP newsletter back in 17 and that's actually how I found out about the forum.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

I can also assure you that blueleopard is a big part of the Glu staff. It's my understanding, however, that he's not part of the dev team.

Yea this seems to be something we have all assumed but haven't gotten a straight answer for.

If they don't change midround then RISP, TWO OUT and TIE GAME are useless on 5.10 and BLOWOUT is suddenly as effective as LATE INNING and WALKOFF and RHP/LHP based on the opponent.

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I'm not sure any of them do anything at anytime, except a psychological boost to us. Woh experiences are why I say this. I've often resorted to using different hitters with different skills against pitchers I can't get past on several previous attempts. Then later, after cycling or having to restart the level due to dying in a later round, I may have to switch back to the original hitter I failed with previously. A classic example of this would be Trout with RHP skill and Smile switch hitter with RISP skill. Either of them can blow thru Grienke and Sevy in 5.5 and 5.6 without issue at times and other times I'll have to switch one for the other to get past the rounds. Pitch sequence we all know plays a huge role in woh, so in my example here, it may just be that a different hitter forces a pitch sequence change and that the skill is irrelevant. Just a guess on my part...
    It's all done with mirrors
    I'm not sure any of them do anything at anytime, except a psychological boost to us. Woh experiences are why I say this. I've often resorted to using different hitters with different skills against pitchers I can't get past on several previous attempts. Then later, after cycling or having to restart the level due to dying in a later round, I may have to switch back to the original hitter I failed with previously. A classic example of this would be Trout with RHP skill and Smile switch hitter with RISP skill. Either of them can blow thru Grienke and Sevy in 5.5 and 5.6 without issue at times and other times I'll have to switch one for the other to get past the rounds. Pitch sequence we all know plays a huge role in woh, so in my example here, it may just be that a different hitter forces a pitch sequence change and that the skill is irrelevant. Just a guess on my part...
    Yea I cant disagree with that.  Like I said earlier, when the 15% live boost was active for me Monday and Wednesday, it actually seemed like I was getting less pitches to hit.  In reality it seems RNG based regardless but the odds should be more favorable if you have the better batter but not guaranteed.